Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 04:30 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times

Advertisements

The London Mayor has very few powers, and the issue of immigration is certainly not within his remit, and I don't think he would have become Mayor if the Conservatives had a Candidate who wasn't seen as one of the elite. The Conservative Candidate being Zac Goldsmith ( a jewish family) is married to banking heiress Alice Rothschild, and who is the son of the the late Billionaire Sir James Goldsmith. His brother Ben was also married to a Rothschild, Kate Emma Rothschild, the daughter of the late Amschel Rothschild and his wife, Anita Patience Guinness, of the Guinness Brewery family.

Sadly,I don't think Goldsmith was a popular candidate with the working classes in London, hence we have Khan, whether Khan is reelected in the future against a different Conservative candidate is any ones guess.

In terms of Luton, it's a town that always relied heavily on the car industry a bit like Detroit, Luton was the home of a giant General Motors Plant, and as the plant declined so did the town. Vauxhall Vivaro Van's are still built there but the plant is only a shadow of what it once was.

On the plus side, a major expansion of Luton Airport is set to create over 10,000 new jobs and bring billions in to the economy.

As for Muslim Fundamentalist, there are a few in the UK, but the majority of Muslims are very proud to be British and are not violent in the least, they have even helped the police identify radicals.

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-17-2016 at 04:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 04:47 AM

158 posts, read 98,958 times
What about the mass car fires?

Old 09-17-2016, 05:09 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
As for Muslim Fundamentalist, there are a few in the UK, but the majority of Muslims are very proud to be British and are not violent in the least, they have even helped the police identify radicals.
This survey seemed to find that a significant fraction of U.K. Muslims have fundamentalist views or sympathize with radicals. 23% want sharia law to replace British law in Muslim areas and 52% think homosexuality should be illegal. Only one in three would tell police if they knew someone was going to Syria to fight for the Islamic State.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7...muslims-survey

Old 09-17-2016, 05:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Immigration without assimilation is invasion.
Amen.

I'm a second-generation American myself (all four grandparents were Jewish refugees from WWII) and while we maintain our culture, languages, and traditions inside the home...outside, we're as American as apple pie.

The way I was brought up, it was rude to speak a language other than English in public. My family and I can converse in several languages fluently (sometimes switching between languages mid-sentence) but we never do this outside the home.

We don't expect anyone to bend over to accommodate us. My grandparents never lost their accents and made little mistakes in English for the rest of their lives but they all busted their butts to learn it. They had various levels of English mastery when they got here ranging from "able to converse at a basic level" to "not a single word." But they made it a priority to learn it. One of my grandmother told me stories about how women from her temple would help her set up her kitchen, shop, dress, behave in public, etc. to help her assimilate. "Assimilate" isn't a bad word!

Old 09-17-2016, 05:58 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,511,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Now now now that's a deplorable thing to write!
What, Freedom of Speech?. Stop being PC.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
What do you mean by assimilation?
Are U Serious, you cant look it up.
assimilation definition. The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group: “Waves of immigrants have been assimilated into the American culture.” As an example.. In other words, exactly what liberals dont want.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
They shouldn't have to get on their knees and beg for acceptance from people living here, no.
No one is asking that. Damn sensitive people I swear.
We want foreigners to want to be Americans, assimilate. Is that so difficult. Its been happening for over 240 years..With the exception of this past decade, people just did it, because they wanted to be her, wanted to be a part of our country. Now, many just come here to be their own little world, and to take from us without giving back.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:40 AM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Who cares what that guy thinks and why is he campaigning for Hilda? Is that even legal?

One look at what's happening in Europe with the Muslim invasion will tell you what their objective is. They don't care if it takes 100 years but they fully expect to have world dominance eventually. Obama would be ecstatic.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:58 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm a second-generation American myself (all four grandparents were Jewish refugees from WWII) and while we maintain our culture, languages, and traditions inside the home...outside, we're as American as apple pie.

The way I was brought up, it was rude to speak a language other than English in public. My family and I can converse in several languages fluently (sometimes switching between languages mid-sentence) but we never do this outside the home.

We don't expect anyone to bend over to accommodate us. My grandparents never lost their accents and made little mistakes in English for the rest of their lives but they all busted their butts to learn it. They had various levels of English mastery when they got here ranging from "able to converse at a basic level" to "not a single word." But they made it a priority to learn it. One of my grandmother told me stories about how women from her temple would help her set up her kitchen, shop, dress, behave in public, etc. to help her assimilate. "Assimilate" isn't a bad word!
Nice. All four of my grandparents moved to the US from Denmark. My grandfather on my mother's side never spoke much English, but managed to be a house painter. I usually call myself third generation though.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:07 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Lack of being in, accepting the local culture is much of what gave rise to the term 'ugly Americans', as applied to tourists, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He has some explanation to do, so people won't take his word out of context

assimilation - if the definition is

the social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another

Then yes, immigrants (or even visitors) should have to assimilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies