Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 12:43 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
nah. Read it again.

Three different articles from three different websites.

But LIE however you want to.
For you, just read please.

I am done with wasting my time talking to a disingenuous person who doesn't even read her own source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 12:54 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
For you, just read please.

I am done with wasting my time talking to a disingenuous person who doesn't even read her own source.
Well, Since you like to say your last words, you don't get what you want this time.

if you come back again, then you admit you are a liar since you typed the bold.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:35 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
I asked what percentage of H1Bs were being abused. No answer was ever provided.

Let me repeat and highlight it for you:

NOBODY PROVIDED ANYTHING SHOWING H1B PROGRAM HAS BEEN GROSSLY ABUSED!!!

All we got so far were just hearsay, one sided story from a newspaper. I'd love for you to show me studies on real cases showing, say hypothetically 50% of H1B caused direct replacement of US workers totally not as it was designed to do. I'd be right there with you!

You can't because it is NOT abused!!! You keep talking about it as if it were because you want to use this as a red herring, diverting our real attention away from the real problem ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
5000 American workers lost their jobs to H1B holders.

That's not abuse??????

Old 09-25-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
5000 American workers lost their jobs to H1B holders.

That's not abuse??????
Unsubstantiated. If true, those companies would be in violation of immigration laws and would have been shut down by the federal government already. The fact that they aren't tells us they are in compliance with the laws which says the H1b cannot be used to replace American workers.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:48 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
[quote=lifeexplorer;45603814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Lies are lies. A simple google would tell you that you lied or at least ask your son.

For example, H1B must be paid prevailing wage:
https://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide...b-requirements
Then I suppose hearings on the hill lie What H1B is supposed to be isn't what reality is. Companies are abusing these visas and that is what the hearings are about. Go to the hearings instead of googling it and then you will understand the problem. Good grief And my son works in the political department of a major organization. He is the authority on H1B by hearings, research and meeting with congress members. Sorry, but he knows his stuff.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:06 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Simply because the Democrats want votes. Nothing more and nothing less. It won't stop until we all live out of a dumpster.

The H1B candidate doesn't have to be from a US college. Any accredited university degree is acceptable. Unless the student is an illegal, the foreign students must pay full tuition and lodging himself. Been there and done that myself. The foreign student tuition in public school is MUCH HIGHER than in-state tuition for US residents.

This is a moot point as H1B is not to replace US workers.

What are you talking about?
You really need to become more knowledgeable. Democrats are against this, unions are against this because it takes away jobs from americans. But republicans are for it.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:50 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You really need to become more knowledgeable. Democrats are against this, unions are against this because it takes away jobs from americans. But republicans are for it.
well natalie, this is where I disagree, I have read that both sides of the coin regarding our politicians are for this..and it has been in the works for many years...if Democrats were in fact were against it, why is it still going strong. And they are all asking for a rise in Work Visas. This absolutely shows, how our politicians are bought and paid for by the establishment.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:54 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...er-abuses.html

History of the H-1B

How H-1B Visas Are Screwing Tech Workers | Mother Jones

http://www.petition2congress.com/763...b-visa-program

American's pay our politicians to do a job for "us", why they continually throw us under the bus is quit evident....

Old 09-26-2016, 07:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not sure why you are trying to marry "H1B" with "illegal immigration", when H1B is perfectly legal.

Trump supports H1B 100%, and I think Hillary does too, so why would you say the above?

H1B is a drop in the ocean compared to the real problem, which is sending US jobs to India. H1B workers are small in numbers, and they live and pay taxes in US.
Regardless of who wins, it's likely there will be more H1B visas issued, going forward.

Trump is on the record of an intention to make it easier for foreigners to legally work in the US.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...er-abuses.html

History of the H-1B

How H-1B Visas Are Screwing Tech Workers | Mother Jones

Abolish H1B Visa program | Petition2Congress

American's pay our politicians to do a job for "us", why they continually throw us under the bus is quit evident....
All of these articles show nothing concrete except for rant. I'd like to see concrete and peer reviewed studies telling us "We issued X number of H1Bs and we found Y number of abuses and Z number of companies have been fined. The abuse rate, Y/X is ABC%."

You know just like the crime rate. You can't tell me crime is rampage but provides nothing to support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies