Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 03:30 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times

Advertisements

Correction: Killing By Police-Tulsa story

Here we go again.

Although, maybe not this time. While the BLM riots may fly in some places, that ain't gonna fly in ridiculously-conservative Oklahoma.

Also, if there is already a thread on this, send me a link to it.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
He wasn't armed. The police released the video today and admitted he was not armed. He didn't reach into his vehicle either.

He assumed the position and was shot.

The officer was scared of the big black man. It's all recorded.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:48 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Murder. Plain and simple. Whoever shot him should be charged with First Degree Murder.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:06 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Murder. Plain and simple. Whoever shot him should be charged with First Degree Murder.
This type of emotion based thinking does nothing to help anyone. I don't know anything about the case, nothing. That said, I'll bet you money the cops didn't hatch a plan ahead of time to murder a random Black man. "Hey partner, know what we should do tomorrow at work? Let's randomly murder a Black man. Let's **** our careers down the drain, get our names and pics in the papers, have our home addresses, where our families live, listed in the papers and face life in prison. Come on, it's be a blast!"

Old 09-19-2016, 04:50 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Correction: Killing By Police-Tulsa story

Here we go again.

Although, maybe not this time. While the BLM riots may fly in some places, that ain't gonna fly in ridiculously-conservative Oklahoma.

Also, if there is already a thread on this, send me a link to it.
"Sister of black man killed by police says he was unarmed"

YEP, here we go AGAIN making claims before the investigation has even started.

Didn't we have a story a short while ago about the same thing only to see a picture of the black guy in the car with a gun in his hand trying to hide it.

Didn't the woman with him claom the same thing?

I am NOT making any accusations.

Just wait to see what the investigation finds when it is completed BEFORE making ANY comments, one way or the other.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Didn't we have a story a short while ago about the same thing only to see a picture of the black guy in the car with a gun in his hand trying to hide it.

Just wait to see what the investigation finds when it is completed BEFORE making ANY comments, one way or the other.
Why I don't respond to these hysterical "cops are murderers" threads.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Video released in fatal police shooting of unarmed Oklahoma man - NY Daily News

Old 09-19-2016, 05:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

No we didn't.

Quote:

I already stated what the investigation found. He had no gun.

TULSA, Okla. – A black man fatally shot by a white Tulsa, Oklahoma, police officer responding to a stalled vehicle had no weapon on him or in his SUV, the city's police chief said Monday.

Man fatally shot by Tulsa police had no gun, chief says | Fox News

Old 09-19-2016, 05:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
It was pretty cut and dried. The guy had no gun--his car stalled out. He approached the police for help. On video.

On the tape, the policewoman is heard shouting "I can't see his hands" "he won't show me his hands" but it was quite easy to see that he had his hands up in the air--way up--everyone could see it. Maybe she needs glasses.

In any event, it really appears that this one is on the cops.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:41 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
This type of emotion based thinking does nothing to help anyone. I don't know anything about the case, nothing. That said, I'll bet you money the cops didn't hatch a plan ahead of time to murder a random Black man. "Hey partner, know what we should do tomorrow at work? Let's randomly murder a Black man. Let's **** our careers down the drain, get our names and pics in the papers, have our home addresses, where our families live, listed in the papers and face life in prison. Come on, it's be a blast!"
Obviously these police were inadequately trained to detain an un-armed individual. Police now a days act more like the military than they do being "police". Either a individual is armed and a threat, or he is not. It is the police officer's sworn duty to make a decision that can possibly kill someone. If someone is un-capable of doing this. Then they should not be a police officer....It happens too often in this country and those pulling the trigger should be held responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies