Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 10:38 PM

524 posts, read 400,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am serious. What does religion look like?

Specifically, what does a Muslim look like?

Do you mean Middle Eastern? That would eliminate the country with the largest Muslim population.

Do you mean Arab? That would eliminate Iran.
Sunni Muslims are Iranians (live in Iran) and they are Arab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 10:41 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,316 times
That kid is of Middle Eastern/North African descent most likely. I will recant if wrong but I don't think so...

Old 09-23-2016, 10:41 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
I was actually in the mall today (for investgation not shopping) and the fire alarm went off. There was no smoke but I did start to leave the mall quickly because the thought crossed my mind that it could be a shooter and someone pulled the alarm. Luckily it turned out to be nothing.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:43 PM

524 posts, read 400,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I honestly don't give a crap when we know so little about this situation.

The subject is still at large, I don't care about anybody's theories about whether this guy is an illegal or if his family has been here since the 17th century. Until we don't know the details it's all speculation.

Ok he is hispanic, big deal. He wouldn't be the first mass shooter who is hispanic. We don't know anything besides the claim he might be light skinned.
That's great! You don't consider these factors when hearing about someones crimes/actions against humanity. That is your truth and your approach.

Some do and this is very reasonable considering the times we live in and what is being shoved down our throats by media outlets.

In a world where someone can be accused of a hate crime vs. a crime depending on the characteristics of the victim vs. established intent, people will only follow suit.

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I was actually in the mall today (for investgation not shopping) and the fire alarm went off. There was no smoke but I did start to leave the mall quickly because the thought crossed my mind that it could be a shooter and someone pulled the alarm. Luckily it turned out to be nothing.
Glad you got out when you did. Ironic that the same mall has this happen.

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
SMH. A Hispanic male can look like Ricky Martin, like Merlin Santana (rip) or have various other appearances etc. All Hispanic means is that someone speaks Spanish or has origins in a Spanish-speaking place.
Or Rubio or Cruz.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:44 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
If you had a killer, rapist, whatever loose in your neighborhood, wouldn't you like the police/public to have an accurate description of the person so they can catch the person as quick as possible instead of "a human did it"?

Isn't this beyond common sense or has PC'itis got ya?
In PC world...

Was the killer a man or woman?

A: I'm not sure...l don't judge gender based on appearances.

What race was the killer?

A: I'm not sure...I don't really pay attention to stuff like skin color. Plus it's hard to judge because we are all somewhat mixed race.

Thank you, we will try to find this murderer.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:47 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Or Rubio or Cruz.
Hehe - I'm sure the police gave the "Hispanic" descriptor based on a hunch that the murderer's ancestors were from Latin America.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:48 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
That kid is of Middle Eastern/North African descent most likely. I will recant if wrong but I don't think so...
Hard to tell. My tinfoil hat and I honestly think that the authorities/media blur images of suspects like this before releasing them to the public.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:50 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Hard to tell. My tinfoil hat and I honestly think that the authorities/media blur images of suspects like this before releasing them to the public.
Yea, I could be way off and it's some emo/goth loner Hispanic kid who can't get a date. We will know soon enough but odds are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies