Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2017, 10:02 AM

56 posts, read 57,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" it seems we have many blacks counteracting to the racism being received"

As white person, I ask, what about the racism blacks give?

"the name calling (i.e. coon, uncle tom, jigaboo, boot licker) starts. '

As when a white says something and many blacks reply with redneck, cracker, honky, etc.

When any white says anything negative about what any black has said or done, they are immediately called a "racist".

"It takes two to tango"!

Yeah I guess but living in the PNW it's pretty common place to hear that knee jerk response about "black racism". And how it's never talked about and this and that, the racism that blacks have if they do is of a different kind, is bugs Bunny bad for not liking elmer fudd? In this case elmer fudd is being very proactive in his dealings with the rabbits. Bugs Bunny is just trying to jump around a forest and sing and he is being reactive.

Like I said I grew up in a very white environment and Ive learned it's best not to talk to whites about race. I don't like playing the race card, but there are some glaring instances when you can't help yourself.

Alot of whites failure to understand the metaphor I put forward, is one of the main reasons I refuse to talk to white people about race. We come from two different basis of understanding and it just causes headaches.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:08 AM

This isn't even to say that blacks can't be racist. I've seen several instances of blacks being racist, as well as whites being racist. I will however note that it seems a good amount of whites don't care for any kind of discussion whatsoever and would rather burn an entire conversation down citing "reverse racism". I just want some intellectual honestly from both sides....Honestly.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please. Malcolm X, Dr King and Medgar Evers were educated, smart, wore suits and were the furthest thing from the negative black stereotype.

And they're DEAD! And they weren't beloved figures before they died.
Okay?. I never challenged or said anything about those figures. But are we going to really talk about individuals active 30 years ago!?

Not even relevant in this discussion

Old 03-08-2017, 11:13 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,372 times
Very interesting thread.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:27 AM

1,378 posts, read 736,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Hello!

This thread, I wanted to start mainly to get input from other blacks life myself regarding where they stand regarding the racial climate that we are facing right now. Do you feel discriminated against on a regular basis? Do you feel you do relatively well for the most part in life?

I also want to know, how do you as a black person feel about these black conscious movements, SJWs, and black nationalists/separatists movements? How do you feel about the cultural appropriation issue? BLM?

The reason, I'm asking is because it seems like a lot of people are showing their true colors and in response to that, it seems we have many blacks counteracting to the racism being received. I do feel that the issue needs to be discussed but there are so many online black groups and forms that I just don't relate to. As a black person, I find that many of them are only cool with you when you are agreeing with them full stop. The minute you express a thought that deviates from the mindset of that particular form, blogger, or movement, the name calling (i.e. coon, uncle tom, jigaboo, boot licker) starts.

Now my question to other blacks-Where do you fit in at? Do you discuss racial issues with your friends? Are you met with any disagreements? When you find that one disagrees with you, do you educate them? Refer them to Google? Does the conversation go anywhere at all?
Wow, you guys dont know when to quit, do you?

We have people getting deported, people being banned because of their religion from entering this country, and you still find time to make this about black people who have nothing to do with these things. Simply amazing.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:51 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Wow, you guys dont know when to quit, do you?

We have people getting deported, people being banned because of their religion from entering this country, and you still find time to make this about black people who have nothing to do with these things. Simply amazing.
Why do people like you pop up whenever blacks have something for themselves? Does everything have to be about you? Do you need us to run things by you before we get together to discuss black issues?

Old 03-08-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagers234 View Post
It's funny whoever was talking about black people calling eachother the N word. I was dating a woman who was one of those hardcore feminist types, she tried to equate women and calling eachother the C word with empowerment. And how the black community has been doing it for years. I argued that 1. I never say that and I still view it as an object of racism. She objected and seemed to think she knew more about it than me even though she wasn't even black.

It brought me to a bigger element in America. It seems that the only black perspectives that make it front page are the ones that are negative, most of these black men calling themselves the N word are not educated and don't serve as a model for where I think the black community should aspire to.

But this is still passed off as Black culture, nice. We own gangster rap, sagging pants, Kodak Black, and any other kind of negative bullcrap out there. Im a music hound, what about the amazing performers such as Gary Clark Jr, Aloe Blacc, Donald Glover, the list goes on

I hate playing the race card. But it seems like with people my own skin color seeming to glamorize making a bad name for blacks and with the already existing tension from other races, that blacks with a solid head on their shoulders would do alot of good by establishing some kind of organization or presence in this country that seeks to dispel alot of these negative stereotypes.

Blacks need to actively disassociate with any kinds of these images that aim to bring down the black commmunity.
I find that any discussions bout the n-word ending with an "a" are just exercises in semantics and sometimes people just feeling each other out to see if their better than the other person. I'm not saying you do/did that. But it's just something that I feel shouldn't even be near the top like 50 things blacks should be worried about. I mean you're saying it's a relic of white racism, we all get the roots of the word, but I find it a little bit pinky-in-the-air-ish to act like the word doesn't have at least a little nuance and different meanings amongst blacks. And with that said, I know that for the most part a lot of black people don't even say it front of each other unless they know it's like safe to say it or whatever.

The only part I'd really contest in your post is when you said it's passed off as Black culture, I'd say it's an element of black culture. The problem is like you said the negative is what is promoted often by non-black owned media. The negative is presented as "this is all black people are...they say the n-word, gang bang, and are hypersexualized".

Old 03-08-2017, 02:03 PM

1,378 posts, read 736,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Why do people like you pop up whenever blacks have something for themselves? Does everything have to be about you? Do you need us to run things by you before we get together to discuss black issues?
Have something for themselves???

Are you kidding me? Don't you think you have enough?

I live in a majority hispanic town that at my former company celebrated Black awareness..they sure didn't celebrate hispanic awareness month.

Right now, Hispanics and Muslims are having a hard time, your time has passed..its someone else's turn now.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Have something for themselves???

Are you kidding me? Don't you think you have enough?

I live in a majority hispanic town that at my former company celebrated Black awareness..they sure didn't celebrate hispanic awareness month.

Right now, Hispanics and Muslims are having a hard time, your time has passed..its someone else's turn now.
start a thread about those issues then. it's that simple. but instead of doing that you're saying blacks should stopping discussing their issues amongst themselves and discuss other people's issues. Perhaps this is one of those things that is just culturally lost on people like you. For the most part, blacks don't need to insert themselves into other people problems. We don't need to be the center of attention in every thread on a message board. So go start a muslim thread and a Hispanic thread if you feel like talking about them.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:15 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
“There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less,” he said. “But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land.”

This from our new director of Housing and Urban Development.

Carson says slaves were ‘immigrants’ with dreams for their children - POLITICO
Carson has gone bonkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies