Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 06:45 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't say it was. Ive seen this tactic used too often to fall for it.
You are evading again.

The statistics do not support your position. This has been shown numerous times be it number of black vs white deaths to the cops, the occurrence of crime by blacks and how it produces more encounters, etc...

Add in the numerous lies made by BLM and what you have is a racist group promoting hate.

Quote:
My video proves what we were discussing. If you want to change the subject, do so.
It only proves that for a single instance and I never claimed there was no such thing. It is useless, as I said previously, you can show a white guy getting off and I can show a black guy with the same. You can not use a single video to establish a general claim about anything. To claim so is disingenuous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I addressed this already.
You have been evading and have been generally combative in this line of discussion, you have not clarified such which is why I keep asking questions and trying to clarify your position. You bias is showing far to strong for this discussion.

We are done.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You suggesting LaVoy was killed in a stop & frisk?
Who are you talking to?

Old 10-31-2016, 06:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You are evading again.

The statistics do not support your position. This has been shown numerous times be it number of black vs white deaths to the cops, the occurrence of crime by blacks and how it produces more encounters, etc...

Add in the numerous lies made by BLM and what you have is a racist group promoting hate.
The only hate I see is coming from you. Are there some who are mad at how they have been treated for decades?

Most certainly.

Quote:
It only proves that for a single instance and I never claimed there was no such thing. It is useless, as I said previously, you can show a white guy getting off and I can show a black guy with the same. You can not use a single video to establish a general claim about anything. To claim so is disingenuous.
This wasn't addressing black/white. It was addressing whether you can tell a police officer "no" when they ask you to do something you do not have to do.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
You have been evading and have been generally combative in this line of discussion, you have not clarified such which is why I keep asking questions and trying to clarify your position. You bias is showing far to strong for this discussion.

We are done.
The truth is a strong bias.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Who are you talking to?

This guy that got off topic to deflect.

Quote:
It most certainly is supported such as the grossly unconstitutional actions of stop and frisk. Would you allow this?

It's really sad that you are unable to see that in the big picture it's all the same complaint.

Would you allow yourself to be stopped and frisked?

Old 10-31-2016, 08:57 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see how they came to the conclusion that they did not carry guns and impede federal workers, very stunning decision. I don't see anything on the property damage, maybe that wasn't one of the charges. How does a jury come to this conclusion?
Remember that these were specific charges laid on specific individuals. There was a lack of evidence that some of them ever carried a gun, and others got off for various reasons. The persons who were tried first comprised the protest leadership group, more or less.

Also remember that this is just the first trial. There will be another in Portland later, with different charges on different individuals.

A lot of the second group that faces trial carried guns, so they may be charged. Some pleaded guilty already, and others may plead similarly before the second trial begins.

It will be a different trial, heard by a different jury, so the outcome could be much different.

And, of course, there will be a 3rd trial coming up next year in Nevada.

It's all further complicated by the fact that some of the individuals also have older criminal charges and histories, so matters like parole violation may arise with some of them but not others.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:57 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Good deal.

Now go after the Feds who murdered Lavoy Finicum.
Yes!
I couldn't remember the guy's name but he was ambushed...

Old 11-01-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This guy that got off topic to deflect.
Ah ok, I was a bit confused for a moment.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:35 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,650,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I knew there would be a cheerleading section for these thugs.

White, disenfranchised males with a paranoid grudge against authority, the government, and laws, breaking multiple federal laws and taunting police with firearms = these guys are 'heroes' to the far right and others of their ilk.

Black, disenfranchised males with a paranoid grudge against the authority, the government, and laws, breaking multiple laws and taunting and threatening police with firearms = shoot and jail these 'animals' no questions asked how DARE they disobey rules.

Double standards and hypocrisy? All the bloody time!

And then some cry that it's only people of color that get slaps on the wrist!
you said what I was going to say, its amazing the sympathy people have for these criminals, if they had been hispanic or black they would have lasted 10 minutes before the feds had opened fire on them,and all the right wingers would have been cheering.it pays to be a paranoid white gun lover, doesnt it???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies