Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 05:39 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,785,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Like I inferred, people of color such as Native Americans fighting for water and other rights for their land, send in the law and jail these hoodlums by any means necessary. White people breaking the law and threatening to ambush and shoot any agents that rightfully come to arrest them, they are 'heroes.'
Nice narrative, but incorrect.

Those who support the Bundy's and others in their struggle against Fed agency overreach, also support tribal sovereignty and their efforts to care for the land and water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 05:45 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
The same people in here cheering on this verdict better not complain that Hillary was acquitted/found not guilty with the emails. That's the justice system right?
She wasn`t acquitted and she wasn`t charged with any crime.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:46 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Observers believe it is because a big number of the co-conspirators were apparently government informers goading them on. thusly it looks like entrapment.

No, Im not sympathetic to these idiots. Ranchers wanting to graze their cattle for free on federal land wherever/whenever they want along with the usual mantra nonsense of "freedom, patriot," and other grossly redefined words. That being said. If I were on that jury and what I read is correct, I may well have found them not guilty also.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:47 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
I want them to pay me rent for using public land for their lame-assed protests. Also, I want reimbursement for the cattle trespassing on my land. I pay for it with my tax diollars, so pay up Bundys.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Good deal.

Now go after the Feds who murdered Lavoy Finicum.
Who?

Old 10-28-2016, 06:40 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Cliven Bundy and the BLM Showdown - a Case of Double Standards, Hypocrisy, and Bad Media Coverage

Again, the revisionist history is in full effect by some.

Notice that some continue to ignore the truth and gloss over thugs like the Bundy's, portraying them as gentle, peace loving folk who never broke any laws or did anything to deserve the law coming down on them, just to suit their own twisted agendas.

Yup, because aiming sniper rifles at the law and basically taunting and daring them to do something after breaking the law for years, yes sir, that sure is so peaceful.

White people like ranchers who break the law and taunt law enforcement and dare them to do something about it = heroes standing up to the oppressive liberal government.

Black people who taunt the police and dare them to do something about it, without having necessarily broken any law (peaceful by the standards of the hypocrites) = thugs who should be beaten and taken to jail and taught a lesson.

Hypocrisy as always and forever.

Some people truly have no shame.
The Feds are the problem and have always been the case with land disputes. If you think the Feds are innocent here, then you are naive.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:36 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I want them to pay me rent for using public land for their lame-assed protests. Also, I want reimbursement for the cattle trespassing on my land. I pay for it with my tax diollars, so pay up Bundys.
The grazing contracts go back about a hundred years. The big issue a lot of ranchers are having is that the government (and BLM, once it was created) have changed the contracts, and any rancher who tries to fight it through the courts is just wasting money. Your chances of winning against the power of the US govt. are practically nil. I guess the smart thing for them to do would be to just give it up and find a different job, but that's not how most these people operate.

As to the public land... most don't realize how much of this land is borderline wasteland. Have you ever seen it? I grew up out there. It uses are very limited. In the cases where BLM is cutting back on the number of cattle allowed and raising grazing fees, they're usually doing it to force the ranchers out of business so they can take the land for other uses. Some BLM webpages show interest in mining these tracts. Personally, I'd rather see cattle on the land than see it mined. Ever seen Kennecott?

Old 10-28-2016, 08:20 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Freakin' redneck jury. We'll have dozens of copycat attempts now, and people will likely die over it. To say nothing of the SovCit nonsense that every courtroom will be clogged up with. Great work, that.

Incidentally, there's no "and sons" - Bundy pere is still held in Nevada, and the two Bundy fils will join him there.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:01 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
BLM just can't get it done, neither of them.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:22 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
The Feds are the problem and have always been the case with land disputes. If you think the Feds are innocent here, then you are naive.
That's irrelevant.

No Bundy supporter here has yet to address their hypocrisy in supporting them.

They still broke laws and threatened to kill law enforcement and may very well have if the law didn't stand down.

Do you think police across the US are completely innocent in not targeting people of color and free of corruption? Yet, people like you criticize those who stand up to that corruption and injustice, while praising 'patriots' like Bundy.

I'd more respect Bundy supporters if they supported ALL people who really against what they perceive to be unfair, instead of cherry picking who they support based on racial lines.

Hypocrisy pure and simple.

The Bundy supporters here don't have the integrity to admit their racial biases, but that is typical among those who subtly support the patriot and christian identity movement (which had ties to the Bundy's).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies