Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 03:54 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post
It doesn't bother me. After all California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas were all once part of Mexico, I mean come on think of the city names, "Los Angeles" not "The Angels", "San Francisco" not "Saint Frank", the list of city names goes on. And it's not like they were flashing the flag at some guys face or anything. Or burning the American Flag. It also looks like a Mexican Restaurant. Should we ban all flags but America's?

And Obama didn't let these people into this country. These people were here before white Americans including myself. Operation ******* and many other similar operations dragged Mexican-Americans out of their houses to give to white folk. People of Mexican descent were deported back to a country they didn't ever live in simply because it was their same ethnic group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatriation

Doesn't matter though, many people won't care to listen or read or do their research. My whole thing is this, if you want a "White America" or if you dislike an ethnicity, just come out and say it man. Now is the best time to do so since it seems to be the cool thing to do.
All your arguments serve to prove is there is some historical perspective missing. Until that is cleared up though, those people choosing to live within the confines of the U.S. borders are also choosing to abide by its laws and accepted cultural norms .....including those of flag etiquette.

To do otherwise is insulting your hosts in the most egregious fashion imaginable.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:54 PM

286 posts, read 383,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Oh yes he did. Its called open borders. You let immigrants in without any form of assimilation . Where are you getting white america from?

assimilation into what? What are they supposed to assimilate too? What's your definition of someone who is "assimilated".

Old 11-04-2016, 04:05 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
assimilation into what? What are they supposed to assimilate too? What's your definition of someone who is "assimilated".
Don't speak Spanish or other foreign languages, Don't fly foreign flags, be patriotic for America and not another nation and people, obey the laws, customs and celebrate American holidays, show an affinity for American pop culture, call yourself American not hyphenated-American, don't be ethnically clannish, adopt the predominate religion if you choose to have a faith, don't wear a rag on your head, it would be nice if they voted similarly to the native white populace roughly split Democrat/Republican but lean Republican instead of directly opposed locked step etc etc.

Mexicans got the assimilate clothing and religion and some of the holidays assimilated but usually nothing else..

Last edited by mtl1; 11-04-2016 at 04:15 PM..

Old 11-04-2016, 04:08 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
What is the deal with America and the flag? No other country gives two poops about their flag. When I lived in France, I never saw a French flag unless it was Bastille Day or some government building. You can be proud of your country and heritage without obsessing over a dumb flag.

The only countries who obsess over their flag more than the US are places like Nazi Germany, USSR, and North Korea. It's just creepy.
Okay fish, France beckons.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:14 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Learning and speaking English. Adopting our ideologies, just for starters.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is statistics show hispanics are assimilating as quickly as other immigrant groups before them. We just have so many new hispanic immigrants that it disguises this fact.

I live in a neighborhood that is 50% hispanic, it is not any different really than the all white neighborhood I grew up in.

I think it's been a long time since you been living in a long standing, uninfluenced culturally white towns and cities.

It's been a few years since I've been back in Texas but they don't seem to assimilate as much as the first time I lived in Texas. Mexicans were somewhat hostile and threatening to whites even back in the 1980s when I lived in Texas. I was in New Mexico visiting a few years ago and it was an idiotic and dangerous place hanging around the Hispanics..I got roofied and abdandon by a woman, another group of lad tried to set me up, another tried to sale me drugs, another old guy tried to get macho with me to no avail..all that within a week lol. Some of them were cool and nice in fairness. Oh yeah I notice gay Hispanics always hit on me every time I visit TX and it never happens in my very gay northern city. And they're turning TX blue for the win . And I can say for damm sure they are not assimilating here 1400 miles from the border.

Last edited by mtl1; 11-04-2016 at 04:37 PM..

Old 11-04-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
My question though is this... Those flag, according to the story, had been flying for quite a while. Why didn't the cops take them down, or force the owner to do so.
Why not indeed? That's an example of why I say we're under an occupied, globalist government that aides and supports our multi-colonization and overpopulation.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:40 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
It doesn't bother me. After all California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas were all once part of Mexico, I mean come on think of the city names, "Los Angeles" not "The Angels", "San Francisco" not "Saint Frank", the list of city names goes on. And it's not like they were flashing the flag at some guys face or anything. Or burning the American Flag. It also looks like a Mexican Restaurant. Should we ban all flags but America's?

And Obama didn't let these people into this country. These people were here before white Americans including myself. Operation ******* and many other similar operations dragged Mexican-Americans out of their houses to give to white folk. People of Mexican descent were deported back to a country they didn't ever live in simply because it was their same ethnic group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatriation

Doesn't matter though, many people won't care to listen or read or do their research. My whole thing is this, if you want a "White America" or if you dislike an ethnicity, just come out and say it man. Now is the best time to do so since it seems to be the cool thing to do.

White Americans? Mexicans are half white from their Spanish ancestors. Doesn't matter who was here before. Mexico sold those southwest territories to the U.S. Mexicans were given the choice to remain within the new borders as U.S. citizens or to stay in Mexico as Mexicans citizens. Eisenhower deported those here illegally.

No one says it's cool to dislike any ethnicity. Not many people do anyway. This is about our laws not ethnicity.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:49 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Don't speak Spanish or other foreign languages, Don't fly foreign flags, be patriotic for America and not another nation and people, obey the laws, customs and celebrate American holidays, show an affinity for American pop culture, call yourself American not hyphenated-American, don't be ethnically clannish, adopt the predominate religion if you choose to have a faith, don't wear a rag on your head, it would be nice if they voted similarly to the native white populace roughly split Democrat/Republican but lean Republican instead of directly opposed locked step etc etc.

Mexicans got the assimilate clothing and religion and some of the holidays assimilated but usually nothing else..
I love Thanksgiving and 4th of July, speak Spanish because I f'ing want to, love the English language and learned it better than many non-Hispanic Americans, volunteer with American seniors and homeless vets all the time, love soccer and hate baseball, vote in every election, have never had problems with the law, like visiting Mexico and like Mexican culture, am a professional with a graduate degree, etc.. etc..and I will call myself Mexican-American because I want to.

You people with your stale generalizations and old recycled stereotypes are the problem, not us. People don't fit into boxes, that mentality is just stupid. So ONE guy flew a Mexican flag, big deal, get over it.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I love Thanksgiving and 4th of July, speak Spanish because I f'ing want to, love the English language and learned it better than many non-Hispanic Americans, volunteer with American seniors and homeless vets all the time, love soccer and hate baseball, vote in every election, have never had problems with the law, like visiting Mexico and like Mexican culture, am a professional with a graduate degree, etc.. etc..and I will call myself Mexican-American because I want to.

You people with your stale generalizations and old recycled stereotypes are the problem, not us. People don't fit into boxes, that mentality is just stupid. So ONE guy flew a Mexican flag, big deal, get over it.
Hey I'm just talking about the group majority trends, and the majority of a group's behavior is what counts. Of course in group dynamics some percentage of the group fortunately varies from the average and is much more desirable, but we get the group average predominating. We don't get the luxury or afford ourselves more like it the right of choosing who is allowed to immigrate. We don't afford ourselves the right to pressure groups to assimilate more.

You claim to be such an American patriot but are not even the exception you claim. You make it clear you identify as Mexican first, Spanish speaker, and still have ties to Mexico and have no problem with the Mexican flag flying here. If German immigrants acted like that we'd call them "Nazis" or such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies