Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 05:00 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post
I've lived all over the country but now moved back to my home state of Texas. Seems to be more of a conservative thing. Nationalism=Conservative, personally I love this country and will always respect, but would never force somebody to do the same.

Immigrants who don't respect our flag and feel no allegiance to our country shouldn't even be here.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:10 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
This is a older video, but it is a perfect example of the type of immigrants OBAMA has let into our country. Non-Assimilating immigrants that will put their country over ours. It is a disgrace and I think it is disrespectful for you to come to America, then fly your Mexican flag over ours? If your country is so much better, then please go back. Our flag deserves to be flown first in our country.

I am glad this veteran showed them whats up. I do not agree with him stealing the flag though...

What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3HVaC_czx4
This is way old. Happened in Reno. The store owner had the Mexican Flag over the American, making a statement. Backfired on him. It made the local headline news. Standing ovation.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Don't speak Spanish or other foreign languages, Don't fly foreign flags, be patriotic for America and not another nation and people, obey the laws, customs and celebrate American holidays, show an affinity for American pop culture, call yourself American not hyphenated-American, don't be ethnically clannish, adopt the predominate religion if you choose to have a faith, don't wear a rag on your head, it would be nice if they voted similarly to the native white populace roughly split Democrat/Republican but lean Republican instead of directly opposed locked step etc etc.

Mexicans got the assimilate clothing and religion and some of the holidays assimilated but usually nothing else..
I'll speak Spanish anytime I damn well please. I celebrate American holidays, American pop is extremely trash, I'll call myself just American when white people like you stop "hyphenating" me, I don't fly foreign flag, I already do, I already do again, don't even know what ethnically clannish means, it's anyone's choice what their religion is in this country, what's wrong with wearing a rag on your head? What you mean a towel? So you want to live in a one party state?

You don't know a lot of Mexicans it seems like. Don't pretend you know about people you have no clue about

Old 11-04-2016, 06:25 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Immigrants who don't respect our flag and feel no allegiance to our country shouldn't even be here.
Might wanna start kicking the Brits out then that only fly their Union Jack and not the US flag every Brit I've seen doesn't fly the US flag or have a bumper sticker on their car, only theirs. Same goes for the Canadians

Old 11-04-2016, 06:33 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Very old news, but I sympathize with the veteran.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:45 PM

529 posts, read 370,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Might wanna start kicking the Brits out then that only fly their Union Jack and not the US flag every Brit I've seen doesn't fly the US flag or have a bumper sticker on their car, only theirs. Same goes for the Canadians
You can fly whatever flag you want. No one ever claimed you couldn't fly a Mexican flag or a Union Jack.

What you CAN'T do is fly the US flag UNDER it.

IF you choose to display the American flag you fly it on top of whatever other flags you are flying.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
What you do is inform the man of correct flag display etiquette in this country. Then you see if the man fixes the problem. If he doesn't fix it, then you do whatever you can bear about the situation.

But hey...the Mexican guy sat there like a bump on a log and did nothing about it. So he's on the losing end of the thug life move. Shrug.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:29 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

I'm not a hypocrite. My remarks were meant for all.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:46 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
He should have informed the store owner and if that didn't work, call the authorities. It's not his property. proerty rights are a cornerstone of our foundation. He should be cited for theft.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:50 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
This is exactly what should have happened...

I have no problem at all with what the veteran did, but it would have been nice if he had first gone into the store and explained to them that what they were doing was illegal, disrespectful, and insulting.
You have no problem when a person steals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
My question though is this... Those flag, according to the story, had been flying for quite a while. Why didn't the cops take them down, or force the owner to do so.
It's the cops job to raise money for the state. You'd think they'd be all over writing the store owner a ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies