Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 03:52 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,528,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

I have read explanations before but this is vlear and short:

Okay, a friend shared this.
Check it out...
Yep, there's nobody more trustworthy than an anonymous friend of a friend to explain the intricacies of email security at the State and Defense departments, and casually adds that the Bush administration broke the law .

Old 11-07-2016, 04:13 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,413,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Yep, there's nobody more trustworthy than an anonymous friend of a friend to explain the intricacies of email security at the State and Defense departments, and casually adds that the Bush administration broke the law .
Comeon it has been discussed in government circles for decades. Their email systems basically are bare bones commercial systems without good commercial extensions. DofD may now be better than that but others and overall it is pretty dismal. And I have heard no great drive to fix it properly.

One fine example is the DHS email protocols. The still call for any significant government record to be printed and hard copy archived. The email is then destroyed. That is of course really dumb...but that is how they still do it.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:49 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,715,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It's really not all that complex. I was around 40 years ago and I can tell you how things have changed.

40 years ago white men ruled.

Men could beat their wives and kids and no one said boo about it. Kids came to school with whip marks and and broken arms. Women tried to hide black eyes with make-up. Lot of claims about stair mishaps.

Sexually assaults were usually shrugged off. Many children, girls and boys alike, were sexually assaulted on a regular basis. When I grew up, any woman who was raped was "just asking for it."

Oddly enough, carrying a wallet was not "just asking" to be robbed, but wearing a short skirt was just asking to be assaulted. Go figure.

Girls did not play sports. Women at West Point or Annapolis? Not a chance.

Married women could not get a credit cards in their own name and most women, married or not, could not get a bank loan without a male co-signer.

Women working full time earned fifty-nine cents to every dollar earned by men.

Help-wanted ads in newspapers were segregated into “Help wanted – women” and “Help wanted- men.” Pages of jobs ads which women could not even apply.

Lots of women were nurses and teachers as many fields didn't even consider female applicants for training or employment.

National Organization for Women (NOW) took it all the way to the Supreme Court to make it possible for a woman to hold any job for which she is qualified.

Women created battered women’s shelters and rape crisis hotlines to care for victims of sexual abuse and domestic violence. They created child care centers so women could work outside their homes.

Women health care professionals opened women’s clinics to provide birth control and family planning counseling.

Others will have to speak to the Black experience, but in general Blacks were treated worse than women. Lots of stories about being refused service, getting beat up, not being allowed to train for or apply for jobs, etc.

I can see why white men would want to go back to the good old days. They ruled the roost.

But I wouldn't want it on a bet.

And I damn sure don't want it for my daughters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
@bUU, of course it's my experience. My experience proves that kind of generalization is rubbish. How could anybody generalize about other people. It's rubbish but you won't accept it. Are you saying you absolutely know how these people experience?
Newbie, my experience very definitely matched the 'generalized' description that GotHere put in her post. There is an old truism that says stereotypes are there because they actually do describe something that happens a lot. As an example of the truth of the times - the John Lennon song "Woman is the N****r of the World" didn't just come out of nowhere - it reflected the times in which it was written.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtY5bv-oxLE

Old 11-07-2016, 04:57 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,715,540 times
Quote:
I do too.

I was trying to point out that it wasn't just a male thing, it was a white male thing.

Black men didn't get away with what white men did. Not by a long shot.
Just as an example of white great white men had it... 'paramour rights' basically said that black women couldn't say 'no' to white men, and couldn't sue them for child support for any children that resulted.

At the same time, a black male could be lynched for simply being accused of 'looking' at a white woman, or failing to be sufficiently respectful to a white.

These behaviors existed well into the middle of the 20th century in the deep south. Y'know, the same deep south that supports trump so heavily.

The Black Commentator - Paramour Rights and Reparations Issues - Issue 68

Old 11-07-2016, 04:58 PM

20,842 posts, read 17,166,050 times
Quote:
This makes perfect sense.

Wonder why no one has explained it like this before?
In reality the suggestions here were disproven by the FBI which found that her email was compromised and that she was extremely careless in her handling of the emails. Many still feel that her activities were criminal.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:08 PM

51,688 posts, read 25,953,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
In reality the suggestions here were disproven by the FBI which found that her email was compromised and that she was extremely careless in her handling of the emails. Many still feel that her activities were criminal.
Regardless of what "many feel" about the facts, the FBI searched diligently for years and try though they might, they were not able to find a thing to pin her on.

There is no evidence she put U.S. security at risk.

No evidence her server was hacked.

Nada. Nyet.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:20 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,736,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Well, I am not a Trump supporter and I have stated from the beginning that Comey and the AG have failed their duties to charge her when it is without a doubt a clear violation.

She committed a crime. He made up an excuse not to charge here that is not true (saying she had no intent). He was guilty of obstruction of justice since the first investigation.

He hasn't been in charge of the FBI for 25/30 years what about other Directors or other agencies I'm sure they could prove her quilt,oh that's right ..............she's no guilty of anything.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Care to properly cite this claim to validate it?

Anyone can change anything at wiki leaks you know that right?

Old 11-07-2016, 05:24 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,257,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Anyone can change anything at wiki leaks you know that right?
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Wikipedia?

Old 11-07-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Wikipedia?
Wikipedia doesn't get it right either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies