Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 09:17 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If it had been real growth (i.e. wealth creation) and not debt based asset inflation, the financial crisis never would have happened
Are you talking about the dot-com bubble that kept the Clinton admin afloat?

Old 11-11-2016, 09:21 AM

649 posts, read 316,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I hope our country will survive this.
I'm also embarrassed that you call yourself an American .

Old 11-11-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
I'm just wondering how you actually grab a woman by her "p____",
is it sorta like a bowling ball grip?,
lol...
Kinda like this: http://img.wennermedia.com/480-width...6aa9857534.jpg

Old 11-11-2016, 09:26 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I know what you mean. Seeing all these spoiled children throwing temper tantrums and rioting makes me ashamed and embarrassed for our country. Fortunately this handful of twatwaffles represent only a small, small percentage of Americans.

where were you 8yrs ago when the reps were doing it

Old 11-11-2016, 10:41 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
This country literally splits down the middle...it has for the last 20 years.

Bush barely won (lost popular vote), then Obama barely won...now Trump barely wins (Hillary got popular vote)...

Seriously, if there was an easy way to do it...it would be fantastic if we could give the progressive left half the country and we conservatives got the other half.

With all the conniption fits being displayed by progressives and with how disgusted we conservatives were with everything Obama it's clear where this country is..

Old 11-11-2016, 10:54 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post

"
Trump told USA Today that he only withheld payment from contractors if he wasn't pleased with their work.
"Let’s say that they do a job that’s not good, or a job that they didn’t finish, or a job that was way late. I’ll deduct from their contract, absolutely,” Trump said. “That’s what the country should be doing."
"

From the link you posted. He doesn't dispute that there were instances where he didn't pay, or didn't pay on time. He disputes the general claim that he doesn't pay his bills.

Did you know.... that when a company bids work with a municipality to build a new road, that they are paid based upon schedule? If the work is delayed and not finished on time, municipalities deduct a percentage from their payment to the company based on how far behind the company is with work. Heck, a local company here built a new jail for the city (7 stories tall) and the city stopped payment to them because they weren't satisfied with the results.

My company contracts out to the government. We are paid based upon schedule. If our schedule is delayed, the government takes a percentage out of the contract for being late. This is a much more common business practice than you might think.

As for the stories, I know that at least a few are true because it was on the news when the stories broke. As for all of them, I don't know for sure so I'm fine with assuming that maybe some of them could be false. I'm not against the possibility that they could be and won't try to dispute that.

Looking back, is this the only response you have to my post? You didn't mention anything about the actions he plans to take in his first 100 days in office. Why is that? After all, that matters more than whether or not he pays his bills on time or whether or not he did a good deed years ago.

I will go out on a limb to say that you can't find fault with any of the actions he plans to take, so instead of disputing those you looked for whatever you could find to argue against him.

On a side note, if folks neglecting to pay their bills bother you, then you should be outraged that Hillary has done the same thing.

"Hillary Rodham Clinton’s cash-strapped presidential campaign has been putting off paying hundreds of bills for months — freeing up cash for critical media buys but also earning the campaign a reputation as something of a deadbeat in some small-business circles. "

http://www.politico.com/story/2008/0...y-bills-009259

http://whotv.com/2016/03/11/police-f...-unpaid-bills/

Did you also know that Obama proposed a new budget for the Former Presidents Act that would increase his yearly salary post-Presidency by 18% annually? Keep in mind this also increases Michelle's as well since the spouses also get paid. So he took care of himself before his Presidency was over. He likely won't have to worry about debt, because he has built in a nice little nest egg for himself to make sure he has money.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/b...ive-pay-raise/

Even further, the DNC has also put themselves into a position of being unable to pay their bills. So it's not just one or two people, it's an entire committee.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...mmittee-broke/

Last edited by Nlambert; 11-11-2016 at 11:13 AM..

Old 11-11-2016, 10:57 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

Please provide evidence that the Republicans were rioting, jerking people out of cars to beat them, etc.....

I'm sure we will all wait for you to come back with that information. Though, it might take quite some time (like the rest of your life) to find an instance of it happening. No one violently protested when Obama was elected to his first term. No one violently protested when he was re-elected for his second term. Conservatives tend to have a little more tact and know better.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I must have a selective memory. Please show me some pictures or vids of Republicans/conservatives rioting, trashing businesses and destroying cars in 2008 or 2012. Stories of colleges cancelling classes over the "distraught" students. Businesses being short staffed because their employees were too upset to show up for work.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
I must have been asleep as I missed the people protesting/rioting in the streets and destroying things. Got any pictures/video to refresh our memories?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:46 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
I'm also embarrassed that you call yourself an American .

That seems to be a personal problem.There are well over fiftynine million Americans that feel the same way he does. I am embarrassed that Donald Trump is our President and that is the Republican party's fault all hell that this country will suffer will be on their shoulders.Lets see how everything looks in 2018.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies