Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 04:01 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,912,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It sounds like REAL theft, rather than the theft label you apply to taxes, because at least you get things for the money you pay in taxes, like education, internet/phone grid, toll free roads, etc; where with for profit insurance, you just transfer wealth from yourself to the CEO of the insurance company for nothing in return, THAT is theft, not taxes
/sigh

Are you seriously trying to make this argument?

yeah... umm... no...

If you really can't grasp the benefit of insurance by default, than I am not going to waste any time trying to dumb it down further for you.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:03 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,689,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
/sigh

Are you seriously trying to make this argument?

yeah... umm... no...

If you really can't grasp the benefit of insurance by default, than I am not going to waste any time trying to dumb it down further for you.
Your own words, insurance was meant not to be used, I smell.... hypocrite

Old 12-19-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
No. Stay on topic.
Deflecting, because you can't answer it honestly

Old 12-19-2016, 04:05 PM

1,850 posts, read 824,374 times
Quote:
People who are generally from low income backgrounds usually say this and think it's clever. You can use insurance as much as you want, as long as you are prepared for your rates to rise. That's called math.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Except this is what I said:

Quote:
Exactly, insurance is something not meant to be used regularly. It exists only in cases of extreme need. Health insurance was never supposed to be used as like a gym membership, it was supposed to only be there for dire need, in extreme circumstances where paying out of pocket was not reasonable in cost.

People today seem to have no concept of what "insurance" is.

I smell deceit, but then this is common for you people right?

Old 12-19-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Deflecting, because you can't answer it honestly
No, I am just not going to chase stupid rabbits. You made a smug remark, I answered and now you have to find something to try and look witty, but seeing that you have misrepresented one of my responses deviously and you have continued to use fallacies, we can just write this one up as you can't stand being wrong and I have no desire to argue with someone who has these issues.

So run along, I hear there is a Trump rally and they need angry agitators.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
No, I am just not going to chase stupid rabbits. You made a smug remark, I answered and now you have to find something to try and look witty, but seeing that you have misrepresented one of my responses deviously and you have continued to use fallacies, we can just write this one up as you can't stand being wrong and I have no desire to argue with someone who has these issues.

So run along, I hear there is a Trump rally and they need angry agitators.
How am I wrong? You still haven't explained how taxes are theft.....

Old 12-19-2016, 04:12 PM

30,298 posts, read 11,944,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Interesting. You read the Fortune article and see a successful outcome for a plan better than the ACA. I read the same article and see no clear way to a better plan than the ACA.

"Moreover, Republicans may find that it is much easier to criticize and produce legislation to repeal a less than perfect bill when they know it is ultimately not going to be signed into law, than actually producing a new law that will accomplish all that Obamacare did plus address its imperfections."

"A new health care reform law must be able to build upon Obamacare’s efforts to expand coverage to those historically unable to obtain affordable health coverage. Although the insurance reforms under Obamacare were expensive to implement, they were successful in expanding quality health coverage to those previously without it and in greatly reducing the percentage of individuals who are uninsured in this country. In addition, the idea of expanding the use of HSAs is already well underway. While enrollment in these vehicles has been increasing, the greatest beneficiaries continue to be wealthier individuals. "

"We should not be fooled into thinking that any replacement comprehensive health law is going to be less costly than Obamacare if it is going to work. "

I've always seen the ACA as just a cobbled-together compromise solution. The best you can say for it is that it's better than what we had before. But "Trumpcare" will run into the same issues that the ACA ran into - the "need" to preserve the insurance industry and the rising costs of medical treatment. There is an obvious way to resolve both these problems, but it won't happen.
No I did not say that Fortune was saying Trumpcare would be better than Obamacare only it outlined some of Trumps and Ryan's ideas.

I would expect that coming from a common sense business background would be the way to go instead of a bunch of liberal democrat politicians crafting something that pays back the healthcare lobby that they need to win elections. Way to much money was spent for the results we received. That is obvious.

As of 2015 we were spending $50K per head to get them covered. And costs are rising even higher now. I cannot imagine even a liberal who would think that is money well spent. We could have just put the 20 million on medicare and not had this bloated bureaucracy. Yet I keep hearing liberals saying what a great thing Obamacare is.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:12 PM

Off to ignore you go.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:13 PM

1,850 posts, read 824,374 times
Quote:
How am I wrong? You still haven't explained how taxes are theft.....
This is similar to how another liberal was like "how is homosexuality an evolutionary dead end?" to me. It's like they're proud that their master debate tactic is to appear completely ignorant and devoid of any intellectual capacity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies