Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 02:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times

Advertisements

And when do we have to consider the question when does a "lie" become a true metal aberration?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying

I know the supporters of Trump will claim that
1) he isn't lying==it's the fake news media out to get him
2) if he is lying, it's because he knows it and does it on purpose,
3) he loves to exaggerate--it's part of his charismatic appeal,
4) it's part of his strategy to confuse his opponents
5) have I missed one???

But there comes a time (after 16 mo in the WH--not even going into the campaign or his adult life) when you have to just step back and ask would anyone else get away with this behavior?
Imagine what would happen in the UK if Theresa May had this propensity or in Germany with Angela Merkle---or heaven forbid, someone like the Pope--who is surely as revered in the Catholic Church community as highly as Trump is by his acolytes...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying

Pathological lying is a psychological condition--
It is real--the medical and psychological profession recognizes its existance as a factor in itself and also in combination with other psychological conditions that can manifest in other ways.

When is enough -- enough?
No one can really predict what trips the lever on the slot machine and finally causes the jackpot to roll out...
So I don't know what actually constitutes the "pathalogical" part of someone's propensity to lie===not a doctor or psychologist or psychiatrist---
But this is really happening and apparently has been getting worse over the years...

I just don't understand why this is acceptable behavior for the president of the United States--
I don't care how you voted or if you agree with his agenda or you hate his guts---
how can you think having a POTUS who lies when telling the truth would be just as easy, easier most of the time--when it would create less chaos and hostility even from his own party...benefits anyone---you, me, our country, our allies, our enemies domestic or foreign
Because his persistant lying just makes what he says irrelevant really---

I think he has serious problems with separating reality and fiction/imagination
And ignoring it or diffusing when he does it by finding something positive about it is almost as bad as condoning your friend's drug habit or gambling addiction---

He IS every American's POTUS--mine and yours---
I just think our country would be better served by someone who knows fact from fantasy and deals in truth...
You can't prove you know the truth when you consistently put out lies...

Old 04-20-2018, 08:22 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
DNC files a Civil lawsuit against Trump campaign, Russian federation and WikiLeaks. What does POTUS do? Why he tweets out a list of his favorite lies.

A sane man would have kept quiet.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:02 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
If there’s someone anyone in the Trump organization that hasn’t or isn’t involved with criminal activities would they please stand up and let the country know who you are.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:41 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If there’s someone anyone in the Trump organization that hasn’t or isn’t involved with criminal activities would they please stand up and let the country know who you are.
Maybe Tiffany, she seems to make it her full time job to distance herself from the madness of her clan. Of course, Barron. He seems like a sweet kid and doesn't deserve to be judged because of his fathers actions. That, and he IS just a kid.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:51 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
My guess is Ivana. Hope she's up for getting custody of grandchildren while their parents do time.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Maybe Tiffany, she seems to make it her full time job to distance herself from the madness of her clan. Of course, Barron. He seems like a sweet kid and doesn't deserve to be judged because of his fathers actions. That, and he IS just a kid.
Tiffany was never part of the Trump "organization" and since she grew up in CA she saw her father much less often than the 3 older half-siblings...she is at Georgetown Law right now and has been at WH for a few ceremonial occasions...

Re Ivana being outside the "criminal circle", I read that she could have been used during the campaign to carry information or money to various questionable people
I don't know how accurate that is-
I don' think she has been called to testify or mentioned in any articles as having a serious involvement
BUT she is an ambassador I believe--so maybe that was a quid pro quo arrangement

Old 04-21-2018, 12:50 PM

Listening to some of the morning shows and one part of the Comey memos involves Trump lying or "misremembering" part of the testimony Keith Schilling made to the Congressional committees===
Keith Schilling said regarding the incident with the prostitutes at the Moscow hotel that he mentioned to Trump about the offer, said that Trump turned it down, that he left Trump at the door of his room that night and went to his own room...
I thought that was surprising and little unbelievable since allowing Trump to go into that room--w/o checking it out--is just against any security guidelines I have ever read or seen...
A body guard always goes into any new room/location FIRST to inspect and clear it of any dangerous elements...
So that sounded fishy to me when he said it then...

Apparently Comey also referred to Trump's comment about that incident--
Trump told Comey he didn't STAY at that hotel--
Like by denying he was there (to Comey) was enough to prove it didn't happen
Comey said he did't query Trump about the inconsistency because there were other things that were just as bad that didn't depend on Trump being in the hotel...

But the idea that Trump and Schilling wouldn't have gotten their stories straight seems strange and typically sloppy work by the Trump remoras...

Old 04-21-2018, 01:20 PM

613 posts, read 360,813 times
Default Lie no. 1645 from trump: claims he doesn't speak to M. Haberman, invites her to Oval Office and gives interviews

Trump Attacks Comey, Haberman, Goes On Misspelling Rampage

Also, gave her interview just a few weeks ago.

The question is: is he demented and believes what he says now, or just lying to protect his base?

She's had trump's ear for quite a while now. Also, all her stories proved true.

Example? Story on McMaster readying up to leave WH weeks before it happened. Of course at the time of the story Trump tweeted "fake news", yet it happened.

You can multiple those examples. But we know Trump calls stories "fake news" not beacuse they are not true (as they prove true as mentioned above), but becauase he is a snowflake and doesnt like them.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:33 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Tiffany was never part of the Trump "organization" and since she grew up in CA she saw her father much less often than the 3 older half-siblings...she is at Georgetown Law right now and has been at WH for a few ceremonial occasions...

Re Ivana being outside the "criminal circle", I read that she could have been used during the campaign to carry information or money to various questionable people
I don't know how accurate that is-
I don' think she has been called to testify or mentioned in any articles as having a serious involvement
BUT she is an ambassador I believe--so maybe that was a quid pro quo arrangement
I try to not pay attention to the Trumps when possible. Ivana had her book & was doing the tour. I doubt that she could have done that as an ambassador, even in Trumplandia. If she was subsequently given an ambassadorship I'd guess that that would be to shut her up. She has to know where too many bodies are buried from back in the day.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:44 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
I've heard tapes of him talking to Haberman ( he should learn how to spell her name). She's known as the trump whisperer. Will his supporters ever get tired of his lies? It's so easily proven that he knows her. I believe she was the one he called when they decided not to take a vote on the first health care bill.

One of the other lies that came out about him this week is that he told Comey he never spent the night in Moscow. Meanwhile there's a television interview with him the morning after the pageant while he was still in Moscow.

He doesn't even try anymore. And no one in the GOP cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies