Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 10:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Sure, it counts. Now you only need 1283 claims or the original claim of 1645 is a lie. Send more.
It's good that you do recognize a lie when you see one so I'll give you that.

Old 04-22-2018, 11:14 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Canada ain't got a dog in this hunt. Sorry no prize.

Old 04-22-2018, 11:23 AM

8,420 posts, read 7,422,672 times
Quote:
So truth has a nationality, and if it's the wrong nationality, then it must be an "un-truth"?

Or is it just an inconvenient truth that one must desperately ignore at all costs?

Old 04-22-2018, 11:53 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I don't think he was worried about security,,,,,,,,, he had a golfing to do and didn't want to miss it.
Not really why he didn't go--althought he might have played golf this weekend--

The Bushes hate him with a passion--he kept Jeb from his run at the presidency in 2016 but more than that
They are everything he is not--old money, George and Barbara--picture perfect political pairing--
Family produced two presidents in two generations, still have decent reputations w/in Republican Party even after both were involved in illegal wars--
Bush I in Central America and Bush II in Iraq (no WMDs--no party to 9/11)

They and the people there would have made Trump feel even more of an outsider than he did at the Al Smith Dinner just before the Presidential Election...
He HATES to feel like an outsider

He would not have been the focus of attention--
He HATES not being the focus of attention

Check out his behavior when he was at the G conference early on--
How he bulled his way to the front of the group for the photograph

The man is a malignant narcissist--
This absense wasn't about golf, watching Fox in his pjs--just narcissism manifesting its psychological profile...

Old 04-22-2018, 01:38 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
"But I don't like those facts!" Careful. If you keep pushing your fingers into those ears of yours, they might meet in the middle.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:54 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I don't think he was worried about security,,,,,,,,, he had a golfing to do and didn't want to miss it.
Golf is a good reason for him. However I think he was not invited to speak, so he decided to Just send his wife.

Of course he then lied about his reason to not go.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:55 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Its been a rough weekend for POTUS. Afraid to go to Barbara Bush funeral (sent wife instead). Getting all upset and sending out a dozen or more tweets lying along the way.

Tomorrow starts a new week, maybe his phone will break, we can always hope.

Old 04-22-2018, 11:38 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It's quite clear that Trump can say absolutely anything at this point and his supporters will defend him.

Trump said he's never spoken to Haberman, and it turns out he's interviewed her a dozen times on the record. She even took a picture with him in the Oval Office.

POTUS Trump also called Haberman a 3rd rate journalist, yet she just won a Pulitzer a few months ago.

Watching all these cowardly GOP politicians that just sit by and allow idiot Trump to flat out lie to the country day after day and do nothing is infuriating. It's why I left the GOP in 2016. I'm embarrassed for republicans and our country.
How many times had he claimed he had not met or spoken to Putin also, then of course, had - and other examples of doing this. He has a habit of stating one thing then the other, acting as if he does not know he is doing so (maybe unaware he's doing so), besides all the flat-out lies, he does knowingly. He appears to have a split personality - (he is born under Gemini, "sign of the twins" afterall, if that has anything to do with it, being something that is known to occur with them). Anyway, he is just plain weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Are we ruling out dementia?
I don't think that is his problem and his Dr. did not mention it, right? (Although, even if he did have it, it seems he wouldn't want anything "negative" shared). However, he doesn't seem to care or understand what a bad light he places himself in, regularly.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 04-22-2018 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: More

Old 04-23-2018, 12:09 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Not really why he didn't go--althought he might have played golf this weekend--

The Bushes hate him with a passion--he kept Jeb from his run at the presidency in 2016 but more than that
They are everything he is not--old money, George and Barbara--picture perfect political pairing--
Family produced two presidents in two generations, still have decent reputations w/in Republican Party even after both were involved in illegal wars--
Bush I in Central America and Bush II in Iraq (no WMDs--no party to 9/11)

They and the people there would have made Trump feel even more of an outsider than he did at the Al Smith Dinner just before the Presidential Election...
He HATES to feel like an outsider

He would not have been the focus of attention--
He HATES not being the focus of attention

Check out his behavior when he was at the G conference early on--
How he bulled his way to the front of the group for the photograph

The man is a malignant narcissist--
This absense wasn't about golf, watching Fox in his pjs--just narcissism manifesting its psychological profile...
Yes, all that..it's obvious what he is, to most. He tries to act so tough, yet is chickensh__, not a man, not an adult, not a president. UGH.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:30 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Perfect example of how petulance runs this presidency
Donald Trump gets ahead of the facts on North Korea denuclearization | PolitiFact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies