Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 11:34 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
America went out off its way to liberate and create a nation state for the Jew and no one bats an eye.
Easy argument. No one alive today is a slave in this country. No one alive was ever a slave owner.

Deal with it buttercup.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:40 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
also here's a documentary about how some blacks would be run out of certain counties and their land stolen. And in the documentary the children/grandchildred of these people come back to the county asking about the stolen land...and lets just say the white start lying....lmao. This was after slavery too. Slavery wasn't the end of the bullcrap. Go check out black wall street/tulsa as well. But yeah guys, people should chalk up a resource like land to the game. Right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwF9Q8TayVU

Old 11-17-2016, 11:43 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Nobody related to me lived in this country at that time.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:44 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Easy argument. No one alive today is a slave in this country. No one alive was ever a slave owner.

Deal with it buttercup.
So let's explore this. Why don't we create a system where people, by law, can't pass down wealth (in any form) to their children? Let's have everybody, EVERYBODY, start completely at zero at age 18.

Wealth is passed down. There's are IVY league schools with ties to slavery. This wealth didn't just disappear.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Deal with it buttercup.
what do you define as slavery , because there are indeed people alive who were forced to work on southern plantations and charged for their living arrangements on the farms and where so far in debt for their living arrangements that they never actually earned a dime.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:23 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The American Indians would like to have a word with ALL of us.
They got their ass whupped. That is life.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:47 AM

1,743 posts, read 992,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I am not a descendant of U.S. slaves but I certainly take no issue if African-Americans today were to receive reparations on behalf of their ancestors who were enslaved. It's the right thing to do.

That so many people are so hellbent against it says much about their characters. And so many of them claim to be Christians, but I hope they remember that in the place that they hope to go, the first shall be last and the last shall be first.
And who would you like to have pay for these "reparations"?
The ancestors of the White owners or the ancestors of the Black owners?

Any idea on how to find out which was which?

We could start by looking up Anthony Johnson's ancestors!
Why?

He was the first free black, and the first to establish the first black community, first black landowner, first black slave owner, and the first person based on his court case to establish slavery legally in North America.
One could argue that he was the founder of slavery in Virginia.

So we need to find this Black Man's ancestors to start things off!
After all, he was First in a lot of this!

So my argument against reparations would be that it's not possible to blame only the Whites for slave ownership like the left/liberals have done for years!

The argument is over when the actual facts are brought into it!

One last thing ...
Funny how history never teaches about the White Europeans who were the Real first slaves!?

Last edited by claymoore; 11-18-2016 at 01:02 AM..

Old 11-18-2016, 01:28 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
So let's explore this. Why don't we create a system where people, by law, can't pass down wealth (in any form) to their children? Let's have everybody, EVERYBODY, start completely at zero at age 18.

Wealth is passed down. There's are IVY league schools with ties to slavery. This wealth didn't just disappear.
So sue the Ivy league schools for it. Prove your case in court. Godspeed.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:34 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,240,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not sure why it matters. The vast majority of descendants of U.S. slaves aren't looking for reparations. Why not worry about your own heritage? Strange.

I am not a descendant of U.S. slaves but I certainly take no issue if African-Americans today were to receive reparations on behalf of their ancestors who were enslaved. It's the right thing to do.

That so many people are so hellbent against it says much about their characters. And so many of them claim to be Christians, but I hope they remember that in the place that they hope to go, the first shall be last and the last shall be first.
My family came to America starting in 1907 with my mother's parents coming over in 1947, 12 years before she was born. Most of the men in my father's line faught for this country in WW2 and Vietnam. My family has no ties to American slavery and that is probably true for a lot of white Americans. My wife's parents are German and came over in late 70s. Her parents families fled Germany to Britian during Hitler's rise. Who exactly is going to pay reputations, I certainly wouldn't.

American slavery ended in 1865 which is about 4-8 generations ago. In that time probably 99% of all people in this country can trace their ancestry back to slave ownership. It is likely that my children will marry someone who can and as such our unassociated line will become associated with it in the next generation or two. That said it is also pretty likely that at this point a large portion of descendants of slaves are also descendants of slave owners and the further we get away from it the more likely that becomes. Should those people both pay and recieve?

That is even without discussing welfare programs that benefit minority communities much more than whites. Has the US been paying reparations already? I don't think it's nearly the same thing but the argument can be made, and likely has been already.
White's make up 16.8% of welfare recipients and 77.1% of the population.
Hispanics make up 21% of recipients and 17.6% of the population.
Asians make up 18% of recipients and 5.6% of the population.
Black/African-Americans make up 39.6% of recipients but only 13.3% of the population.

Welfare Statistics and Demographics – Statistic Brain

Old 11-18-2016, 03:02 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
America went out off its way to liberate and create a nation state for the Jew and no one bats an eye.
LOL - what Kool-Aid are you drinking?
Read some history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies