Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 06:29 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yep, and this will be the first Presidential Inauguration that I have not watched on TV since Eisenhower's in 1953 when I was 6. But the good news is I will spend the time I would have otherwise wasted watching TV working out at the gym
You post this as if you think we actually CARE what you do?

In love with yourself much?

Old 01-14-2017, 12:10 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
yep, and this will be the first Presidential Inauguration that I have not watched on TV since Eisenhower's in 1953 when I was 6. But the good news is I will spend the time I would have otherwise wasted watching TV working out at the gym
I'm watching it this year since I'm retired now. But I didn't watch Obama and Michelle farewell speech. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:16 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar
Given that the military has listed climate change as something that is a threat to our country that is not surprising. Even mild changes in temperature result in significant changes in our security situation.
Quote:
dude, you just ruined all the fun they were having making smart cracks about Kamala Harris
Either of you can provide a link that say the bold above?

I'm pretty close to the military, and the only thing I've heard...was said by obama.....

Link or just leftist bull crap...

Old 01-14-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
God forbid the president believes in science. good thing we wont have that for a bit.
Do you think science is ever settled?

Old 01-14-2017, 08:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Either of you can provide a link that say the bold above?
I'm pretty close to the military, and the only thing I've heard...was said by obama.....
Link or just leftist bull crap...
You couldn't even look it up yourself?

"A coalition of 25 military and national security experts, including former advisers to Ronald Reagan and George W Bush, has warned that climate change poses a “significant risk to US national security and international security” that requires more attention from the US federal government."

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-security-risk

Rear Adm. Jonathan White, the Navy's chief oceanographer and head of its climate-change task force, is one of the most knowledgeable people in the military about what's actually happening on our rapidly heating planet. Whenever another officer or a congressperson corners White and presses him about why he spends so much time thinking about climate change, he doesn't even try to explain thermal expansion of the oceans or ice dynamics in the Arctic. "I just take them down to Norfolk," White says. "When you see what's going on down there, it gives you a sense of what climate change means to the Navy — and to America. And you can see why we're concerned." http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-risk-20150212

There are plenty of other sources but you already seem to have your mind made up and I don't want to be held responsible for changing it

Old 01-14-2017, 09:29 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Do you think science is ever settled?
No, but it goes with the best evidence available which points to humans having some sort of impact on the climate.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:38 AM

92 posts, read 87,281 times
Some people think fascism happening in the U.S (by Trump) but it is not only problem for the U.S it is one of the most serious problem for the world. Especially, 3rd world countries having that problem in these days. What causes it ? I think answer is simple. It is all about democracy because democracy doesn't work as intended. Voters have to get certification and anyone who doesn’t have one, shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

There are articles about Trump and ''voter cerfification'' , you should read these.

Implications of Trump
Democracy and the Need for a Voter Certification Test

Old 01-15-2017, 09:34 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
[quote=chucksnee;46830017]Either of you can provide a link that say the bold above?

Link or just leftist bull crap...[/

Google is your friend if you care about investigating issues
And know how to rate sources

No, President Obama's mother-in-law is not receiving a government pension - Chicago Tribune

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...curity-threat/

https://climateandsecurity.org/tag/u-s-military/
Even FOX NEWS has reported the military ranks climate change as serious threat...

There are many bases in South Pacific and other areas on islands or coastal areas that are threatened by rising waters of the seas due to climate change, ice areas melting...
Not to mention storms that damage installations---
Episode on Madame Secretary about that issue around Christmas time...
Even episode television seems to be closer to the truth of the situation that YOUR military contacts...

Old 01-15-2017, 02:05 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Trump is president in five more days... so excited!

Old 01-15-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
You couldn't even look it up yourself?

"A coalition of 25 military and national security experts, including former advisers to Ronald Reagan and George W Bush, has warned that climate change poses a “significant risk to US national security and international security” that requires more attention from the US federal government."

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-security-risk

Rear Adm. Jonathan White, the Navy's chief oceanographer and head of its climate-change task force, is one of the most knowledgeable people in the military about what's actually happening on our rapidly heating planet. Whenever another officer or a congressperson corners White and presses him about why he spends so much time thinking about climate change, he doesn't even try to explain thermal expansion of the oceans or ice dynamics in the Arctic. "I just take them down to Norfolk," White says. "When you see what's going on down there, it gives you a sense of what climate change means to the Navy — and to America. And you can see why we're concerned." The Pentagon and Climate Change: Is National Security at Risk? - Rolling Stone

There are plenty of other sources but you already seem to have your mind made up and I don't want to be held responsible for changing it
No, it's not my job to prove you non-existent point...you stated something very clearly, you failed to prove your own damn point....

LOL, you use Rolling Stone, the same people who put out a false rape accusation...

Quote:
Here is his words " Mitigating climate change is not a DoD mission requirement, but we would be negligent in our responsibilities if we did not prepare to “adapt” to conditions that may impact our future readiness.
http://www.doncio.navy.mil/CHIPS/Art...s.aspx?ID=5256

Please don't embarrass yourself anymore....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies