Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:41 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I am not denying that is what she meant I just said that in this political climate when the Dems are soul searching and trying to bring white working class America back, it was a poor choice of words.
In this climate??? Meaning that, in some other climate, declaring that the Democratic party should not choose a white person as leader would be acceptable to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 08:43 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
In this climate??? Meaning that, in some other climate, declaring that the Democratic party should not choose a white person as leader would be acceptable to you?
No, that the idea has been brought out in the media that the Dems don't care about white people and here is someone from the party saying we don't need white people in the leadership, as in we don't need to give in to the climate (which is fair). It just looks as though to many that they don't care about white people. It seems flippant.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:43 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
I think it's a great strategy for them. Don't allow any white people in Democratic leadership.

I'm on board 100%.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:44 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
Like I said. Leftists being leftists. The cult of kill whitey needs white people to genocide white people, but doesn't want to admit it and put them in the leadership positions to get elected to do it.
To be Clear, the Sanders camp lost the war for the soul of the Democratic Party, you realize that right ?

Old 11-23-2016, 08:50 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
No, that the idea has been brought out in the media that the Dems don't care about white people and here is someone from the party saying we don't need white people in the leadership, as in we don't need to give in to the climate (which is fair). It just looks as though to many that they don't care about white people. It seems flippant.
There was nothing in that discussion about not giving in to the media climate. You're trying to spin this to make it seem less overtly racist than it is.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
There was nothing in that discussion about not giving in to the media climate. You're trying to spin this to make it seem less overtly racist than it is.
It doesn't matter that it wasn't in the discussion. I never said it was. I said that in this political climate with the media and the Dems themselves saying that the Dem Party has abandoned white working class America, something as flippant as the Dems don't need white people in leadership would be seen as further indication to those making the claim that Dems don't like white people.

That's all. Do ya get it now, snowflake?

Old 11-23-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
As I said in my post, its a decades long discussion that Democrats have had with themselves about whether or not there has to be a white person as the face of the party.

You think context starts with the one link above. Others do not.

You have every right to your opinion, but I think it is a topic that goes far deeper than you are willing to look into.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
And they complain about Trump (and anyone who voted for him) being racists, democrats are such hypocrites.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I will make this simple for you.You are defining identity politics as having to do with only race, gender, and sexuality. Im not. Im defining it by issues.

so yes, going out and talking to a group who's number one issue is the second amendment is 100% identity politics, going out and talking to a religious group about their religious identity and protecting it is 100% identity politics.

moral issues, race issues, religious issues, sexuality issues, constitutionality issues, are all issues that groups of people identify with.
Malarkey and if that is how Dems think then NO WONDER you guys lost. White people do not set out to debate these issues on behalf of white people. You have lobbyists though who do campaign on behalf of certain identities. They play the politics of identity.

You haven't made anything simple, you've actually complicated and deconstructed a simple issue as though it were literary criticism. No one needs to read between the lines because ANYONE can get behind those issues regardless of race.

By identity politics I meant using certain demographics to advocate for their interests and only their interests.

So only white people can care about the 2nd amendment? Pro-life? Family values?

Old 11-23-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And they complain about Trump (and anyone who voted for him) being racists, democrats are such hypocrites.
Not all Trump supporters are racist, but there are clearly some who are. The problem is that some of you are defending them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies