Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:44 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
read the link, what she was in-artfully trying to say is that the democratic Party should not have to be led by a white man for it to be seen as non threatening to white people(particularly white men).

Of course, the problem with your trying-to-say theory is what she actually said...

"In my opinion we don't need white people leading the Democratic party right now," Sanders said. "The Democratic party is diverse, and it should be reflected as so in leadership and throughout the staff, at the highest levels. From the vice chairs to the secretaries all the way down to the people working in the offices at the DNC."

Former Sanders Spokeswoman: "We Don't Need White People Leading The Democratic Party" | Video | RealClearPolitics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 10:47 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,259,290 times
Yes DSJ, you are confusing them.

It is impossible to watch the Democrats debate and not see how many times they mention this group or that group over and over again. Or the non-existent "war on women". Yes the Republicans play the identity game sometimes, for instance with the Cubans in Florida or Mike Huckabee might mention the Evangelicals but overall the Democrats blow away the Republicans in the identity politics game. It is not even close really.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:07 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
2nd Amendment advocates, Pro-Lifers, "working class voters", family values; All of these things are no lesss identify politics than gay or black.

Also she isnt a black supremacist, she was Bernie's spokeswomen, she is just a Bernie supporter and wants one of his allies in the DNC chair and not Howard Dean, who was a Clinton supporter and called Bernie a moron a hundred times over.

No.

Those are issues.

I can decide to switch my position on the issues any time I like, but I cannot decide to become a female, a black, a Latino, an immigrant, etc.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:11 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
When will everyone take the blindfolds off and the cotton out of their ears? The Democrat party is the anti-white party. They're also the authoritarian party but that's a different subject.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:16 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,218 times
We are all Americans. Black white brown yellow purple, we are all citizens (unless you are a foreign national), and we all face common issues. The last thing we need to do is put everybody in little groups and pander to this issue or that issue. We need to address the fundimental issues that affect all of us regardless of whatever little group the democrats want to put you in.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Yes DSJ, you are confusing them.

You are misusing the word confuse.

At best you mean, we disagree/

Quote:
It is impossible to watch the Democrats debate and not see how many times they mention this group or that group over and over again. Or the non-existent "war on women". Yes the Republicans play the identity game sometimes, for instance with the Cubans in Florida or Mike Huckabee might mention the Evangelicals but overall the Democrats blow away the Republicans in the identity politics game. It is not even close really.
both sides pander to groups, you simply think it is ok to pander to what you label as political groups.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No.

Those are issues.

I can decide to switch my position on the issues any time I like, but I cannot decide to become a female, a black, a Latino, an immigrant, etc.

You are like the other 2 posters and you are blindly arguing that either politicians do not pander to constituency groups or that there is a difference between pandering to skin color issues vs political issues(they are both political in the grand scheme of things)

you dont have to call it identity politics, that is just a name, but it doesnt change that Republicans do the same things for their valued constituency groups.

Being able to switch a position doesnt mean your group stopped getting pandered to, thats the point.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Of course, the problem with your trying-to-say theory is what she actually said...

"In my opinion we don't need white people leading the Democratic party right now," Sanders said. "The Democratic party is diverse, and it should be reflected as so in leadership and throughout the staff, at the highest levels. From the vice chairs to the secretaries all the way down to the people working in the offices at the DNC."

Former Sanders Spokeswoman: "We Don't Need White People Leading The Democratic Party" | Video | RealClearPolitics
As I said before, its a comment that is deeper than the comment it self.

But I dont care, the Sanders independent who have decided to come into the Democratic party will no power other than a token DNC chairmanship.

The best they could challenge Pelosi with was Tim Ryan who endorsed Clinton before the primary was over.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:35 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Quote:
Can you explain what you mean by that ?
It's self explanatory.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:41 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondutch View Post
This Is Beautiful , almost as good as them naming keith Ellison ( The Muslim) head of dnc.

Oh this is going to get good lol
Yes, former Nation of Islam supporter although he's desperately trying to cover his tracks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies