Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 04:55 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So if a president does a wonderful thing for the country but personally profits then that thing is bad?

If he owns stock in ACME perpetual motion machines and the government under him discovers perpetual motion thereby ending the need for oil and he profits, that is a bad thing?
One, you are making assumptions based on your own thoughts regarding personal interests. Two, I'm more interested in what type of relationships he has with places like Russia and their elite.

I think presidential decisions should be 100% free of monetary influence. They should be made only for the good of the country, not with an eye to fattening one's own bank account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 05:04 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Sadly, we will never see true bi-partisanship again. Obama made sure of that. My hope? When Hillary and the looney left is done and trump is sworn in he goes after Hillary, Obama, Cheryl Mills, Huma, Bill, Chelsy and anyone else involved with the FICO foundation with a vengeance. My hope? He uses the IRS to investigate Soro's taxes and all the other left wing looneys that pump millions into hiring mentally deficient people to riot under the false premise of "free speech". I hope he directs law enforcement to use force to shutdown riots. I hope he labels BLM and other groups like them terrorist groups like they are. I hope he opens both barrels and tosses all illegals and builds a wall so long and high a jet has to climb to get over it. I hope he prosecutes any mayor that doesn't adhere to federal law buy allowing illegals to live in sanctuary cities. I hope he pulls federal funding from any state or city that chooses not to deport illegals.

The looney left has proven they are not trustworthy and it's the right verses the left. First things first, deport the millions of illegal voters to get us back to a level playing field then let the battle begin.
GIVE ME A BREAK. Talk about loonies!! Illegals can't vote! Do you possibly know that to vote, a person has to HAVE ID, be on the voters list, be looked at by workers at the polling place to see if they LOOK LIKE THEIR ID PHOTO.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:20 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
It gave me a renewed faith in our American citizens. Down deep I believed that we still had the spirit of our ancestors and that we would prevail, those of us that wanted our country to thrive again under nationalism and in so doing, honored our American citizens that worked so hard and gave their lives to secure this for us. Thank God Hillary defeated herself and Trump/Pence will be leading our country as we rebuild what has been destroyed.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:23 PM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I was so disappointed in the attitudes of some peripheral relatives that I don't care if I never see them again.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:28 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Sadly, we will never see true bi-partisanship again. Obama made sure of that. My hope? When Hillary and the looney left is done and trump is sworn in he goes after Hillary, Obama, Cheryl Mills, Huma, Bill, Chelsy and anyone else involved with the FICO foundation with a vengeance. My hope? He uses the IRS to investigate Soro's taxes and all the other left wing looneys that pump millions into hiring mentally deficient people to riot under the false premise of "free speech". I hope he directs law enforcement to use force to shutdown riots. I hope he labels BLM and other groups like them terrorist groups like they are. I hope he opens both barrels and tosses all illegals and builds a wall so long and high a jet has to climb to get over it. I hope he prosecutes any mayor that doesn't adhere to federal law buy allowing illegals to live in sanctuary cities. I hope he pulls federal funding from any state or city that chooses not to deport illegals.

The looney left has proven they are not trustworthy and it's the right verses the left. First things first, deport the millions of illegal voters to get us back to a level playing field then let the battle begin.
The end of bi-partisanship began long ago with Newt Gingrich and when "60 Minutes" began broadcasting your screen-namesake.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:29 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
OK, what kind of stuff?
I find it very sad that the right seems to think if something is not illegal then it must be good.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:34 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,870,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It gave me a renewed faith in our American citizens. Down deep I believed that we still had the spirit of our ancestors and that we would prevail, those of us that wanted our country to thrive again under nationalism and in so doing, honored our American citizens that worked so hard and gave their lives to secure this for us. Thank God Hillary defeated herself and Trump/Pence will be leading our country as we rebuild what has been destroyed.
OMG
we are a family of legal immigrants and I feel that Trump used a rhetoric/ platform of anti- immigration to WIN-

the election is more than dispiriting.

If he/ his government does enact a 'MUSLIM' registry, then we are looking for an exit plan (maybe the american aunt that moved to Australia will sponsor us)...

I am paying UPWARDS of "$275,000 " federal taxes for 2016.

so yea I feel that the vast majority of Trumpies should just shut up already- I wish I could be Trump and find loopholes for income tax.

(o and my child has aunts buried in the Mission Dolores, a church that was there before the United States existed, if the "nationalists" wanna talk about who was here first )

Last edited by CAjerseychick; 11-27-2016 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 11-27-2016, 05:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
One, you are making assumptions based on your own thoughts regarding personal interests. Two, I'm more interested in what type of relationships he has with places like Russia and their elite.
Why? I hope he has a great relationship with them just the same as every other country.

His taxes aren't going to tell you what kind of relationship he has either.

Quote:
I think presidential decisions should be 100% free of monetary influence. They should be made only for the good of the country, not with an eye to fattening one's own bank account.
Being that so many decisions have been made over the years that were terrible for the country I don't care about anything other than a president doing what is right.

I am not claiming Trump will either. I did not vote for him but if he does the right thing and makes a few bucks, great. I don't care.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I find it very sad that the right seems to think if something is not illegal then it must be good.
Right? I voted for Sanders and then Stein. What I argued is if something is good then it is good.

It doesn't matter who does it.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:03 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Trump got hundreds, if not thousands of hours of free TV by the networks covering his rallies and every interview he gave.

The fact that there were negative articles about him does not equal the free airtime he received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies