Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 05:21 PM

8,699 posts, read 11,096,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump got 2M more votes than Hillary in the 49 states besides California.

A critical fact!!!

I finally can rep you! Repped
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 05:22 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
South Korean President Park Geun-hye impeached - CNN.com

I wonder if Hillary had won & got impeached. Would that have ruined it for future female leaders in the minds of voters?

Its quite shocking that I read she had a 4% approval rating. That is crazy low.
Impeachment hasn't stopped men from being elected.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:28 PM

8,699 posts, read 11,096,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Impeachment hasn't stopped men from being elected.
Can you name a presidential candidate that has as much scandal baggage as Hillary?

Old 12-09-2016, 05:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Can you name a presidential candidate that has as much scandal baggage as Hillary?
By what measure? I think Trump has more baggage. I think Republicans have applied a criteria to Hillary that they seem to completely ignore when it comes to Petraeus or Trump himself. I think they somehow think conspiracies like Pizzagate are true. The reality is most Republicans seem to prefer a man and Hillary got further than any other woman in history. After this it is doubtful we will see a successful female candidate for a couple of generations but of course the question is impeachment of a female president. Even though we've ever had even one female president in 227 years, let's talk about impeachment of a female president.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:06 PM

1,770 posts, read 719,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I don't think so.. I think the first female president will likely be a conservative. Of course.. I thought that about the first black president, too.. So.. What do I know?

But.. Hillary is no more representative of all females than Jack the Ripper is of all males.

She was a terribly flawed candidate that lost to the the only person on the planet who was capable of losing to her.

Put anyone else against Trump.. They would (likely) have won.

Put Hillary against anyone but Trump.. She would (likely) have lost.

These two people could only lose to each other.

Many people KNEW that corruption followed Hillary like stink to a turd. And.. that would be part of the reason she lost. If there hadn't even been Benghazi, the email, Whitewater, the White House Travel office and many, many other scandals.. She'd probably be president-elect.
I can't see cruz turning out the voters like trump did in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Those states are why Trump won. I thought the same before the election, but after seeing that he won the presidency through these three states I'm rather skeptical other republican candidates would have done so.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:43 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Quote:
South Korean President Park Geun-hye impeached - CNN.com

I wonder if Hillary had won & got impeached. Would that have ruined it for future female leaders in the minds of voters?

Its quite shocking that I read she had a 4% approval rating. That is crazy low.
Merkel is already changing her tone as otherwise she will loose in a landslide.

Female presidents or leaders,are not like Gold Meir and Thatcher.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:49 AM

9,730 posts, read 14,282,898 times
Silly me. I say, we should (and did) pick the BEST person to be President, no matter....male or female. I hate it when I'm so logical in this day and age!

Old 12-10-2016, 03:49 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,167 times
Quote:
yes, I can: trump. But that didn't stop him from wining the election, so I don't see having a 'female president be impeached' wouldn't be any more disheartening than a male president being impeached. Looking forward to the likely event of a male president being impeached in the US within the next 4 years.

Old 12-10-2016, 04:00 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
yes, I can: trump. But that didn't stop him from wining the election, so I don't see having a 'female president be impeached' wouldn't be any more disheartening than a male president being impeached. Looking forward to the likely event of a male president being impeached in the US within the next 4 years.
Keep buying crayons and petting rabbits.

Old 12-10-2016, 04:50 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Keep buying crayons and petting rabbits.
Keep being non-responsive to the topic and choosing instead to make personal comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies