Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 01:45 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,030,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Then the YMCA in my community which is coed is no longer the Young Men's Christian Association, I guess.
I am not trying to be difficult but you are mentioning a secular group. Just so you know. The bible has no mention of a Young Mans Christian Association or any sort of Christian Association. That is a secular concept trying to feign itself as something biblical. It is not based in scripture.

Since you've addressed myself and another poster in one reply... after I hit the reply button, I cannot see which part is addressed to me and it's almost 1am. Sorry but I'll have to spend time to search it out tomorrow and finish this up.

Realty is reality. Unless you have a mental handicap. 90% of us agree on most things as being reality. Thus no one person generally determines reality for another person whether transgendered in their own mind or not. Hopefully that addresses whatever it is you asked. If it had anything to do with Bruce Jenner (sorry I am tired) I will say Bruce is male. And that is reality. HE is male. Those who are calling him a she are lying. They know the truth also. So when people are lying and refuse to live in the truth, reality, you cannot do much for them except maybe therapy and prayer. Introduce the gospel to them.

Whether Bruce feels the exact opposite of male in every way, well he may be telling the truth or lying in order to get attention. Or be PC. I cannot try, nor will verify, any of his words as being truthful. Or verify his perception because it's obviously flip flopped in many different areas. He's one mixed up cookie from the short stint I saw of him on his reality show. You need to find a better hero

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 01-08-2017 at 01:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 09:23 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,294,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
Why do you think I asked you to define black?

Check with the US government that's keeps tabs on things like minority workplace percentages and such , or minority housing discrimination, and has specific regulations for qualifying as a minority owned business . Or your states regulations regarding the same if they have them .

Old 01-08-2017, 09:24 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,983,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
I am not trying to be difficult but you are mentioning a secular group. Just so you know. The bible has no mention of a Young Mans Christian Association or any sort of Christian Association. That is a secular concept trying to feign itself as something biblical. It is not based in scripture.
Just because an organization is not mentioned in the Bible does not mean it is not Christian. Churches are not mentioned in the Bible except for the Jewish Temple, you know.

As for the YMCA, it may have strayed from its Christian mission, but here is the history of the organization:

the Y: History - Founding

Quote:
Twenty-two-year-old George Williams, a farmer-turned-department store worker, was troubled by what he saw. He joined 11 friends to organize the first Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA), a refuge of Bible study and prayer for young men seeking escape from the hazards of life on the streets.
The YMCA in the US was founded in a Church.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:25 AM

37,211 posts, read 41,447,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post

Since you've addressed myself and another poster in one reply... after I hit the reply button, I cannot see which part is addressed to me and it's almost 1am. Sorry but I'll have to spend time to search it out tomorrow and finish this up.

Realty is reality. Unless you have a mental handicap. 90% of us agree on most things as being reality. Thus no one person generally determines reality for another person whether transgendered in their own mind or not. Hopefully that addresses whatever it is you asked. If it had anything to do with Bruce Jenner (sorry I am tired) I will say Bruce is male. And that is reality. HE is male. Those who are calling him a she are lying. They know the truth also. So when people are lying and refuse to live in the truth, reality, you cannot do much for them except maybe therapy and prayer. Introduce the gospel to them.

Whether Bruce feels the exact opposite of male in every way, well he may be telling the truth or lying in order to get attention. Or be PC. I cannot try, nor will verify, any of his words as being truthful. Or verify his perception because it's obviously flip flopped in many different areas. He's one mixed up cookie from the short stint I saw of him on his reality show. You need to find a better hero
This is not the religion forum. You will find it here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-spirituality/

The part addressed to you has your name in it.

As to the Y:

YMCA Mission, Core Values and Area of Focus

"YMCA Mission:

To put Christian principles into practice through programs that help healthy spirit, mind and body for all.

Core Values:

Caring: to demonstrate a sincere concern for others, for their needs and well-being. Related values: compassion, forgiveness, generosity, and kindness.
Honesty: to tell the truth, to demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness through actions that are in keeping with my stated positions and beliefs. Related values: integrity and fairness.
Respect: to treat others as I would want them to treat me, to value the worth of every person, including myself. Related values: acceptance, empathy, self-respect and tolerance.
Responsibility: to do what is right--what I ought to do, to be accountable for my choices of behavior and actions and my promises. Related values: commitment, courage, good health, service and citizenship."

New YMCA guidelines support transgender bathroom, locker room access - Chicago Tribune

How Would Jesus Treat the Transgender Community? | Thomas Jefferson Street | US News

"But take a look at Jesus, who walked among us in all our messiness. He didn’t judge or shame. He treated all with respect and kindness and listened to our questions and stories. His scathing words were reserved for the Pharisees, the religious teachers so focused on rules and keeping others in the tight boxes they had constructed that they had lost what was most important in life – justice, mercy and faith. But Jesus embodied love and compassion and, as a result, changed the stories of people’s lives.

What determines gender? Is it biology, behaviors, experiences, heart, the mind or some combination of those and other factors? That will be hotly debated for years. But in the meantime, we need to hear the stories of transgender individuals like Pat, Leelah, Jazz, Skylar and Zoey. We need to look into their eyes, face to face. For when we do so, we will be motivated to address the transgender conversation with love, compassion and respect … the way Jesus would."

Old 01-08-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Trans people in the past lived according to their natal sex because it was dangerous to come out as trans - and still can be. It was not really what they wanted to do. Attitudes like yours kept them in the closet.

No, most women do not walk around nude in dressing rooms. Most of us do not have perfect bodies and do not feel a need to display them.

I have seen no evidence corroborating your opinion that transgendered women who have not had surgery will be walking around the locker rooms displaying their genitalia.

Then the YMCA in my community which is coed is no longer the Young Men's Christian Association, I guess.

Sure, they can exclude the child if they want to. How does that uphold the Scout Oath and Law, though?

The Scout Oath
On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

The Scout Law
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

Is excluding an eight year old being helpful, friendly, courteous, and kind?

It seems to me that the child who wants to join is being harmed by the exclusion with no benefit to the other children involved.

Obviously she did not prefer it since she made the decision to transition.

What do you think the transgender girl in the locker room is going to do? Her gender is female, just like the other girls there.

I don't hate anyone.

However I do find this statement hateful:

"You can mutilate yourself all you want, wear wigs, make up, take sex hormones and your just a self mutilating person no matter what the motive- I wanna be a girl, I wanna be a dog, I wanna be a polygamist, I want to be a peepint tom, I wanna be a zombie, etc...motive doesn't matter."

How do you get to determine what is reality for a transgendered person?

No one needs to provide " proof" of trans males walking around nude in female locker rooms . If biological males are given access to locker rooms where females undress and take showers , the fact of nudity is a given.

This is where the trans rights groups go stupid . A biological male that feels like a woman is uncomfortable in the personal space set aside for males, so liberal idiots decide one persons discomfort should be alleviated by letting him into the locker room of the opposite sex. 100 females are uncomfortable with a biological male in their presence seeing them nude and getting nude in front of them when changing or taking showers, or saunas, well, tough shiit, all of your discomforts don't matter in the least . Only the discomfort of the special trans person matters, so get over it.

Just don't expect the trans person to have to grow up, act as mature as you are expected to. We are not allowed to expect the same level of maturity from them .

BTW, the oath you quoted insists upon a belief in God. Are you then fine with the Scouts excluding atheists, or do you just like to pick and choose the parts that suit you?

Last edited by wallflash; 01-08-2017 at 09:43 AM..

Old 01-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Default Girl Scout policy

Transgender Illinois Girl Scout stands up to bully who wouldn't buy cookies 'from a boy in a dress' - Chicago Tribune

"As an organization, Girl Scouts of the USA supports LBGTQ children."

"In 2015, a Girl Scouts troop in Washington was handed a $100,000 donation - as long as the girls agreed not to use the money to support transgender children.

The Girl Scouts of Western Washington returned the check."

"'Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority,' the organization said on its website. 'That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.'"

Old 01-08-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
. If biological males are given access to locker rooms where females undress and take showers , the fact of nudity is a given.
No, it's not.

Transgendered women who have not had surgery do not go around displaying their genitalia.

Most women do not walk around nude in locker rooms, either.

Quote:
BTW, the oath you quoted insists upon a belief in God. Are you then fine with the Scouts excluding atheists, or do you just like to pick and choose the parts that suit you?
I did not say anything about my personal opinion of the oath. I just pointed out to the poster I was responding to that excluding a transgender child from participation appears to conflict with the oath.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 01-08-2017 at 09:53 AM..

Old 01-08-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Transgender Illinois Girl Scout stands up to bully who wouldn't buy cookies 'from a boy in a dress' - Chicago Tribune

"As an organization, Girl Scouts of the USA supports LBGTQ children."

"In 2015, a Girl Scouts troop in Washington was handed a $100,000 donation - as long as the girls agreed not to use the money to support transgender children.

The Girl Scouts of Western Washington returned the check."

"'Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority,' the organization said on its website. 'That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.'"

Good for them . They are a private org just as the Boy Scouts are . I am for letting a private org make their own rules . You are fine with any org that makes rules you like, but oppose a private org that makes rules you don't like . So again, you are a very pick and choose only what you like type of person.

If the Boy Scouts decide to include transgendered , I'm fine with that. It's their org. I'm also fine with parents who don't agree with the decision leaving and moving to a similar org more suited to their beliefs .

Old 01-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
No, it's not.

Transgendered women who have not had surgery do not go around displaying their genitalia.

Most women do not walk around nude in locker rooms, either.

Now you are just making stuff up. To claim that females don't get nude to change into exercise wear or swim suits, or to shower, and then get redressed into street clothes , is just plain stupid .

And the trans in my link was nude, and was seen by young girls nude . Your sides argument there was that young girls didn't need to be in the sauna area where the trans male was nude .So big fail on your part .

But on par for your entire argument .

Last edited by wallflash; 01-08-2017 at 10:03 AM..

Old 01-08-2017, 09:51 AM

39,340 posts, read 27,737,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Good for them . They are a private org just as the Boy Scouts are . I am for letting a private org make their own rules . You are fine with any org that makes rules you like, but oppose a private org that makes rules you don't like . So again, you are a very pick and choose only what you like type of person.

If the Boy Scouts decide to include transgendered , I'm fine with that. It's their org. I'm also fine with parents who don't agree with the decision leaving and moving to a similar org more suited to their beliefs .
I agree with this

I also think

Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority

sounds good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies