Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2017, 02:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Oh, Bernie's crowds again. The only thing they proved is that his base were largely the type of people who attend rallies. Please don't come back with some lame Bernie math on how the crowds were a sure sign that they should have given the nomination to Bernie despite the popular vote. Rally crowds are one of the least stable indicators of political success.
The size of Trumps rally's were dismissed as meaningless also. Hillary lost.

Quote:
I'm in business. Automation is real; anyone who's in business today will tell you the same thing.

Just a basic example -- in the old days, a business the size of mine would have employed an onsite bookkeeper and a couple of other office workers at the least. That's all done by computerized programs now.
Employing a computer technician and a data operator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Have you read what the Republicans have been saying around here? They think the Republicans won.
I'm not here to try and defend the Republicans. But since you brought it up. Trump will have two options. Forget all his promises and become just another lying figure head or fight the GOP establishment tooth and nail. Trumps biggest obstacle is not the (D)'s.

Quote:
After all, Trump DID run as a Republican. Right?
And Bernie ran as a (D). It's too bad both had to go that route.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:49 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The size of Trumps rally's were dismissed as meaningless also. Hillary lost.

Employing a computer technician and a data operator.
Clinton didn't lose because of the size of Trump's rallies. Not sure what you're trying to say about "employing a computer technician and a data operator." I employ neither. Whether you want to admit it or not, automation is shrinking available jobs. You can read more about that here.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...t-work/395294/

Last edited by Metlakatla; 01-01-2017 at 02:58 PM..

Old 01-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Clinton didn't lose because of the size of Trump's rallies.
No, in the end she lost because she was corrupt but she got beat badly because of things like the size of his rallies.

Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to say about "employing a computer technician and a data operator." I employ neither. Whether you want to admit it or not, automation is shrinking available jobs.
So what. That is not an excuse for the thousands that are leaving. Candidate Obama had a good plan to address that. President Obama forgot all about it.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:15 PM

I never said it was an excuse for the thousands that are leaving. It's nonetheless a driving economic factor. Many of the jobs that have left or are leaving with be automated out of existence soon enough anyway. And surely you're aware that much of what Obama wanted to do was blocked by Republican obstructionists.

Clinton actually didn't get "beat that badly," and the size of anyone's rallies weren't a deciding factor, but if it makes you feel better to believe that, be my guest. You Bernie supporters shot off your own feet -- your goals and ideals are now dead in the water; they would have had a chance if Secretary Clinton had won. You might have even gotten your $15 an hour.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I never said it was an excuse for the thousands that are leaving. It's nonetheless a driving economic factor. Many of the jobs that have left or are leaving with be automated out of existence soon enough anyway. And surely you're aware that much of what Obama wanted to do was blocked by Republican obstructionists.
He never did squat and he was the reason the (R) were in control of the House and Senate.

Quote:
Clinton actually didn't get "beat that badly," and the size of anyone's rallies weren't a deciding factor, but if it makes you feel better to believe that, be my guest. You Bernie supporters shot off your own feet -- your goals and ideals are now dead in the water; they would have had a chance if Secretary Clinton had won. You might have even gotten your $15 an hour.
The idea isn't to get $15 an hour. As bad as it is, I trust Trump to do more for the lower classes than I would have Hillary.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:31 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,371,397 times
Those 'liberal elitists' worked hard canvassing for Hillary and what's an elitist anyway? President Obama was called an elitist for liking arugula.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:32 PM

$15 an hour was one of the major points of Bernie's platform, so yes, it was part of the idea. The lower classes are screwed no matter what. Automation is taking their jobs. Sounds like you're just bitter because Bernie. Best of luck in 2017.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
$15 an hour was one of the major points of Bernie's platform, so yes, it was part of the idea.
Have you ever negotiated a raise?

Quote:
The lower classes are screwed no matter what. Automation is taking their jobs. Sounds like you're just bitter because Bernie. Best of luck in 2017.
I'm not bitter. I didn't want Trump to win but I really wanted Hillary to lose.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:55 PM

I negotiated a raise or two back when I was an employee rather than an employer, and I dare say I had more success at it than Bernie's campaign did. You guys got nothing, and Trump will make sure it stays that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies