Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:01 PM

638 posts, read 310,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
But you apparently hate it. The consequences of eliminating Medicare will be that you will very likely suffer immensely as you age and are denied health insurance. No one wants to insure old people anyway. Are you prepared to die because you cant get health insurance? Are you prepared to suffer great with early onset dementia and no way to pay the $60 000 a year treatment and care?
I never said I had a problem with Medicare. I said I have a problem Obamacare. Now you can flip that around however you want to, but I still won't vote for anyone that wants to make me pay for the health care of another able bodied adult.

I have no problem with CHIP either, by the way.

Get over it. It's going away. If you can't pay for your own health care, suicide is always an option I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 01:04 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Besides Bingo!, how would define people "taking control of their healthcare"?
Its just the usual meaningless platitudes from libertarians. Always talking in platitudes with lofty rhetoric. Get down to specifics, and the whole ideology just falls apart just like their idol Ayn Rand, a sociopath who died poor and bitter after too much smoking.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
I never said I had a problem with Medicare. I said I have a problem Obamacare. Now you can flip that around however you want to, but I still won't vote for anyone that wants to make me pay for the health care of another able bodied adult.
That makes zero sense. When anyone can be a freeloader with no insurance if they want to, then anyone can get into a car accident. And YOU pay for them. Just as the people who pay more into Medicare than YOU do subsidize YOUR old age health care, as there is no limit on Medicare taxes.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:08 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
Universal healthcare just makes sense.

Canada spends 1/3 less as a percentage of GDP on healthcare, with a better out come. People live longer. Proof is in the pudding.
It also almost killed a guy that I've listened to for years...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1R_DQp-Uxto

Old 01-04-2017, 01:09 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't agree, but fine - if that's what Obama & the Dems want, come out and say it - run your election on it. Don't concoct this scheme to waste a bunch of time, resources, and effort to trick people (and funnel everyone else) into wanting universal healthcare.

I have more respect for people like yourself who just come out and say what they want.
I think it's pretty obvious that is exactly what happened, is happening, and will continue to happen. Universal one payer healthcare will be in place at some time in the not to distant future.

I've been told that the entire ACA was passed without any republican votes. If that's true, and if the democrats want what they keep saying they want, a universal healthcare one payer system, then why on earth didn't they just do it from the start instead of this unworkable ACA "Obamacare" train wreck we now find ourselves in ?

They had ultimate control....what stopped them from passing what they actually wanted ?

I too am beginning to wonder if they created this train wreck on purpose so that it messes things up so much, that people are so frightened and confused of what has become their "healthcare insurance" reality under Obamacare, they clamor for something, anything to be done, and when that happens, we'll be ripe for the pickings...universal one payer healthcare, here we come.

You can blame the republicans for a lot of things, and I'd be right along with you, but if the ACA was passed without any republican votes, this is one fiasco you can't blame them for. They did keep saying it wouldn't work as designed....and indeed it isn't working. The democrats presently own this particular problem.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:10 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The poor need to die faster. GOT IT.

EVERY other first world country has universal care and cost is lower with better results. Medical simply is not a market like others. You are not comparison shopping after hacking off a finger. There are a ton of docs in in-network hospitals who are out of network sending 1000 to 20000 dollar bills for 15 mins to 2 hours work. We have people buying exclusive rights to out of patent medicines and jacking prices to ridiculous highs. We have corps withdrawing medicines just as the patent expires, reformulating and re-patenting.
Profiting from the suffering of others is the American way.

If you don't like the American way, you can 'git out.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
It also almost killed a guy
Oh, great. Another anecdotal story from a libertarian.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:14 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If people started taking control of their healthcare, prices would drop and satisfaction would increase.
How have you yourself taken control of your own healthcare? Just wondering.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:15 PM

638 posts, read 310,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
That makes zero sense. When anyone can be a freeloader with no insurance if they want to, then anyone can get into a car accident. And YOU pay for them. Just as the people who pay more into Medicare than YOU do subsidize YOUR old age health care, as there is no limit on Medicare taxes.
This is becoming circular, and stupid. Medicare is an accepted security net by most Americans. We all pay into it, and we're all fine with it. Obamacare, we're not.

Y'know why?

Because it's BULLSH**. I keep hearing people say they can't afford health care, they can't afford insurance, blah blah blah.

Meanwhile everyone in the house has a cell phone, they have plenty of cable channels on the TV, and of course great internet. Someone is patronizing all the fast food restaurants around them as well. They flood the malls every weekend. A lot of them wear better clothes than I do, too!

Do you know WHY they wear better clothes than I do? No, not because I'm poor. But because I'M TOO BUSY WORKING TO GO OUT AND SHOP FOR NEW CLOTHES!!!

Really, health care is affordable. It's just not affordable when people add in all the things THEY THINK they're entitled to have. That's why I say let'em die in the streets clutching their iPhone, wearing their Timberlands, while still playing "Pokemon Go" and sippin a beer. Please Get a job, or a second one. Then most things MAGICALLY become "affordable".

Old 01-04-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I think it's pretty obvious that is exactly what happened, is happening, and will continue to happen. Universal one payer healthcare will be in place at some time in the not to distant future.

I've been told that the entire ACA was passed without any republican votes. If that's true, and if the democrats want what they keep saying they want, a universal healthcare one payer system, then why on earth didn't they just do it from the start instead of this unworkable ACA "Obamacare" train wreck we now find ourselves in ?

They had ultimate control....what stopped them from passing what they actually wanted ?

I too am beginning to wonder if they created this train wreck on purpose so that it messes things up so much, that people are so frightened and confused of what has become their "healthcare insurance" reality under Obamacare, they clamor for something, anything to be done, and when that happens, we'll be ripe for the pickings...universal one payer healthcare, here we come.

You can blame the republicans for a lot of things, and I'd be right along with you, but if the ACA was passed without any republican votes, this is one fiasco you can't blame them for. They did keep saying it wouldn't work as designed....and indeed it isn't working. The democrats presently own this particular problem.
100% of the GOP are puppets of the big pharma and insurance companies and quite a lot of the Dems are as well. That is why it is so difficult to implement the obviously best solution for the American people, a Medicare-for-all single payer system. But the current cost of health care is absolutely killing many industries, and they are also powerful. So we have this clash of titans. On the one hand, the billionaire class love the idea of a desperate work force who are dependent on health insurance, life or death, from the employer. It makes employees more obedient and desperate. On the other hand, its an extremely costly system, as health care costs in America are out of control compared to single payer systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies