Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 08:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
One of the most disgusting acts of savage, animal-like barbarism and racism I've ever seen. No doubt, this will be thoroughly ignored by the national media.

Link to news story:

Chicago Police: 4 in custody after man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live | WFLD

Link to Youtube video (Warning: Very disturbing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prt1_t209hQ

EDIT:
Correction: It was initially livestreamed to Facebook and later uploaded to Youtube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Liberal media won't report it. It does not benefit them. What about that professor that tweeted saying that white people should be exterminated.
Good lord. Do ya'll even WATCH the news? It was ALL OVER every channel. Ya'll are wrong again.

That said, I think it was indeed a hate crime. Just like a think the murders Dylan Roof committed were hate crimes (by his very words); I think THIS was also a hate crime (by their very words).

If it's not - then we just should do away with 'hate crimes'.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:30 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,028,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This story is now at the top of Google News. Even NPR is reporting it, and including the relevant facts. This seems like a watershed moment for the American media. Did word go out that an effort must be made to restore credibility?

4 People In Custody In Chicago Over Beating Live-Streamed On Facebook : The Two-Way : NPR
I guess the video couldn't be swept out of social media fast enough - now its out there.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:31 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,458,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I am absolutely sickened by this. My heart breaks for that poor boy. Those four animals are less than human and nothing short of monsters. Sadly, I bet, many of their "friends" probably watched the live feed and thought it was funny. What kind of people are we raising? No compassion, no morals, no remorse.. a bunch of self absorbed sociopaths..
I agree and hope we address the actual crime. We need to ramp up laws that protect with little tolerance for crimes like these who pray on the weak. If we can't protect our weak we are not worth the ground we walk on.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,404,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Has Trump denounced it? I haven't heard a word from him either.
He shouldn't comment in my opinion, as a Trump supporter. This incident should be viewed as being well-enough beneath a President-elect to warrant direct attention. That is, of course, unless the media goes off of the rails with it. Otherwise, Trump should let law enforcement and the courts handle this without his commentary. He has to pick his battles at this point.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good lord. Do ya'll even WATCH the news? It was ALL OVER every channel. Ya'll are wrong again.

That said, I think it was indeed a hate crime. Just like a think the murders Dylan Roof committed were hate crimes (by his very words); I think THIS was also a hate crime (by their very words).

If it's not - then we just should do away with 'hate crimes'.
I agree. Both clearly hate toward a demographic and should be deemed so. If not this will continue on all sides. The one thing we all are in the end is human. We should stick together and rid our country of the trash so we can walk around without fear and hate.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:37 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
some hilarious mush-mouthedness from the wapo:

"Police declined to give the race of the attackers or the victim. In the video, the attackers appear black. The victim appears to be white."[emphasis mine]

maybe the perps are white thugs in blackface, eh, wapo?

Last edited by uggabugga; 01-05-2017 at 08:52 AM..

Old 01-05-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
He shouldn't comment in my opinion, as a Trump supporter. This incident should be viewed as being well-enough beneath a President-elect to warrant direct attention. That is, of course, unless the media goes off of the rails with it. Otherwise, Trump should let law enforcement and the courts handle this without his commentary. He has to pick his battles at this point.
I agree. He shouldn't comment. The president shouldn't get involved in local police matters at all. Hopefully he doesn't comment and let's the CPD take care of it.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the hate crime thing, I don't see how this would be considered a hate crime. I guess they can find a way to make it one to appease you all who think that it should be.....
When "f... x race" comments are involved, there is no room for interpretation.

Quote:
I think that the victim was targeted due to his mental disability and not because of skin color.
This seems like a biased interpretation that lacks foundation to me.

Quote:
Like I mentioned earlier about blacks committing violence against other blacks, I have seen personally and heard about black people targeting disabled black teens/kids and doing similar things
I also remember a story from I believe Idaho where a black mentally disabled teen was repeatedly abused and even raped with a broom/mop handle by a white kids. They also used racial slurs. I think in both cases if it was charged as a "hate" crime that it should be about the "hate" of those who are disabled and people knowingly victimizing them because of their disability. I doubt this would have happened to a white man who was not mentally disabled.
Hearsay and couldn't be more irrelevant. The last bolded conjecture is absolutely baseless.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I agree. He shouldn't comment. The president shouldn't get involved in local police matters at all. Hopefully he doesn't comment and let's the CPD take care of it.
I agree to a point. There is a time to get involved in local police matters, the bar for which was set by the last administration in its wont to stoke racial tensions in the U.S. I just think that this specific incident doesn't warrant his direct attention; though I wouldn't be opposed to DOJ observation of how the case is handled.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:43 AM

20,729 posts, read 19,392,808 times
Yeah that hate crime thing. It would certainly appear to be a hate crime, by the general understanding of it. However I can't stand the idea of hate crimes. It implies love torturing and love murdering. The state can barely do 3rd grade math. I doubt very much they will be successful mind readers.

Not really sure what the fuss is all about anyway. Black on white violent crime was 20 to 1 of the other, yesterday and will be again today. Self segregation will continue with those ratios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies