Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 06:07 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Really? I've been in a couple dozen without stalls.

Yes, it's an extremely small amount percentage wise, but they are out there.

I once went into a restroom with no stalls at a club (back in the 90's), and there was some poor schlub sitting on a toilet in plain view with obvious bowel issues. I felt so sorry for the guy and thought to myself that I would have chosen awkwardly squatting between two cars in the parking lot over the humiliation he was going through. Yes, we all chop belly timber, but even dogs are embarrassed doing it while others look on.
Most likely, the club had stalls, but didn't replace them when some drunk punched them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 06:10 AM

89,035 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I can't speak for men's rooms, I've never been in one. I have NEVER seen a public women's room that lacked stall doors by design, although I have on occasion seen a stall with a broken door.
It's not just restrooms. That's the problem. It's multiple occupancy open (no individual stalls) changing/locker/shower rooms such as frequently exist in schools, park districts, city/state parks, etc. Why doesn't anyone ever acknowledge that permitting the opposite anatomical gender to use those facilities in which MINORS are frequently present is the problem with the push to allow anyone to "choose" which facility they use regardless of physical anatomy?

You should have seen the look on my liberal neighbor's face when I explained to him that anatomical men would be able to share the open locker and shower rooms with his 12-year-old daughter while she was away at basketball camp at a state university.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:11 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,435,114 times
Transgender is a mental disorder. God made us like he intended to. A baby is born a boy or girl. This is all a bunch of nonsense.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:14 AM

4,422 posts, read 7,370,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Then I want it outlawed because it doesn't agree with my religion.

This has nothing to do with the strange, unwelcome feelings I had as a teenager at summer camp for someone of the same sex as myself.

It's oppressing my religious liberty.
Your religious liberty oppresses my sense of freedom.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:21 AM

34,610 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
A baby is born a boy or girl.
Not always.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_hermaphroditism

Old 01-07-2017, 06:33 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Also,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_gonadal_dysgenesis

Genetically XY but externally looks female. I figure if it is possible for this to occur physically to a human, it is possible for the same/similar to occur at a mental/psychological level.

I thinkk the whole bathroom issue is overblown. The vast majority of the people you should be concerned about and protect your children from are not transgendered.... heck at times it is the priest and unformed police. You should be concerned about all strangers... not a specific target group....

Last edited by usayit; 01-07-2017 at 06:43 AM..

Old 01-07-2017, 07:48 AM

212 posts, read 136,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Unlike the black and white world you wish to live in, the real world is full of multiple shades of a variety of colors. It is also full of people who ask why and strive for answers to their questions. There are minorities of humans born without your simple X,Y or X,X chromosomal makeup. Have you ever heard of a hermaphrodite, to name just one of the variations. Human sexuality goes far deeper than simple genetics. if you have any interest in expanding your knowledge try google. I'll even start you on your way. http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/...jcem.85.5.6564
Even mutations like hermaphrodites are natural in the sense that they are made that way. However, try as you might to move the goalposts, genetic mutations are not what we're discussing here, is it? At the core of the matter are people suffering from catastrophic mental and emotional breakdowns and, consequently, severe gender dysphoria, like Bruce Jenner. They are not natural. They are people in dire need of proper psychiatric care, not genital reassignment surgery. Bruce was genetically born a male and will die as such, as will every Trans-whatever that opts to have their genitals surgically altered. That's not opinion, but an irrefutable scientific fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Those who might have told you ignorance is bliss were lying to you. As long as you promote a lack of knowledge my idiocracy uber alles comment applies.
It almost sounds as if you imagine yourself atop some great white mount, flicking morsels of wisdom out of some generous horn of plenty down on what you undoubtedly perceive as the great unwashed "idiocracy". The reality, of course, that of puerile arrogance and supercilious inanity, speaks to a different state.

Good luck with that.

Last edited by bastion79; 01-07-2017 at 08:27 AM..

Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 AM

212 posts, read 136,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

You might want to look up androgen insensitivity syndrome. Those with the complete version are XY, Have testes, have a vagina, tend to have very well developed breasts, and have a female gender identity. There is no "flawed interpretation of their appearance."

This is what you wrote:

Quote:
Nope.

There are people who have one X and one Y who look totally female

There are some with two Xs and one Y who look totally male.
That's a pretty broad and ambiguous statement with no mention of AIS. That's why I responded the way I did.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:59 AM

24,248 posts, read 14,214,925 times
For those saying it's all about DNA, who will be requiring a DNA test for everyone going into every bathroom in the US?
Honestly we go by appearance, I have seen men that look like women and women that look like men. Should I have asked to see their genitalia or a DNA test to be sure which sex they are?

How about everyone go about their business and not bothering others. And please wash your hands after you finish up.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:03 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,593 times
Judith:[on Stan's desire to be a mother] Here! I've got an idea: Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb - which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans' - but that he can have the "right" to have babies.
Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother... sister, sorry.
Reg: What's the point?
Francis: What?
Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can't have babies?
Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
Reg: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality. - exchange from "Life of Brian"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies