Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 05:56 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I don't think anyone expected Mexico to pay for the useless wall. A wall will not keep illegal immigrants out.
You liberals do not get it. The wall doesn't have to keep every illegal immigrant out. But it's a good start. And as I read on another thread here, it's a symbolic NO TRESPASSING sign. It's no more business as usual. It's putting businesses on notice that we aren't going to tolerate the hiring of illegals at $1 or $2 an hour to replace American workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Trump will make Mexico pay for the wall in an INDIRECT manner? Perhaps increased tariffs, or currency devaluation or by putting a tax on phone calls going in between the two countries?

Old 01-08-2017, 06:01 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
"The problem, and it’s a big problem, is that Donald Trump didn’t do what he promised.”That can't be true.
Yeah I know, sort of like Obama failed to keep his promises. How about that affordable care act? LOL
How about the most transparent administration ever? How about illegals will have to do it like all the legals had to?
20 trillion in debt. Yes we have experience with politicians who don't keep their promises.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
If you have a question about a position of Donald J Trump, it is often helpful to visit www.donaldjtrump.com/positions under immigration you may find this link https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf you will find the following:

It goes on for a bit with other options, all of which can be done solely by the President, all of which are based on current law.

Oops. Guess the leftists never thought about actually looking things up.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 01-08-2017 at 06:29 AM..

Old 01-08-2017, 06:24 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
They will pay indirectly through visa fees that will be increased and export fees for exporting to USA!
Simple matter to seize remittances from US to Mexico attempted by anyone who cannot prove legal presence in the US. Remittances to Mexico total $25 billion/year. Won't take long at all to pay for that wall. As an added bonus, not being able to remit $$$ to Mexico will cause some illegals to self-deport.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:25 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Trump will make Mexico pay for the wall in an INDIRECT manner? Perhaps increased tariffs, or currency devaluation or by putting a tax on phone calls going in between the two countries?

Um, putting tariffs on imports from Mexico doesn't make "Mexico pay for it", it just raises the prices for U.S. consumers of those products - you know, all that stuff you buy at Walmart? Such tariffs would hurt businesses in Mexico and consumers in the U.S. (ie you and me), but it doesn't in any way, shape or form somehow magically get money from Mexico to pay for the wall. Devaluation of currency doesn't do that either.
Aside from that, did it ever occur to you that perhaps Mexico will retaliate by putting tariffs on US imports - thus hurting U.S. businesses.

Ken

Old 01-08-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Um, putting tariffs on imports from Mexico doesn't make "Mexico pay for it", it just raises the prices for U.S. consumers of those products - you know, all that stuff you buy at Walmart? Such tariffs would hurt businesses in Mexico and consumers in the U.S. (ie you and me), but it doesn't in any way, shape or form somehow magically get money from Mexico to pay for the wall. Devaluation of currency doesn't do that either.
Aside from that, did it ever occur to you that perhaps Mexico will retaliate by putting tariffs on US imports - thus hurting U.S. businesses.

Ken
My point is that they will figure out a way for Mexico to reimburse use for the cost. See, Trump has real world business experience, it's one of the reasons he was voted in.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah I know, sort of like Obama failed to keep his promises. How about that affordable care act? LOL
How about the most transparent administration ever? How about illegals will have to do it like all the legals had to?
20 trillion in debt. Yes we have experience with politicians who don't keep their promises.
It's like Ross Perot said, almost 25 years ago, when the two guys running against him said, well Ross, you don't have any experience. And his response was.... "you're right, I don't have any experience in running up trillion dollar debts!"

Old 01-08-2017, 06:34 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haar! It's not going to be built for the same reason your immigration laws haven't been observed ...greedy Americans making a profit off cheap labour.
And nowhere is that more of a problem than in lefty liberal California, where 25% of all illegal aliens live and work illegally (source: DHS https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...y%202012_0.pdf ).

Time for the limousine liberals to give up their cheap labor illegal alien gardeners, housekeepers, nannies, etc.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:48 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Which is a change of argument from "it can't be done."

All around the world, universally, persons and organizations change arguments when they have been beaten on a point.

If you want to make another useless, idiotic point, go right ahead. But let us put the knife in the idea that it cannot be done one and for all.

Please. Kicking out illegals would spur mechanization and innovation. Regardless, wealth transer via allowing big business to use slave labor and re-distribute the cost to citizens, whose taxes pay for their welafre, ESL, crime and emergency room visits is not acceptable, and you should be ashamed. You are basically both supporting slavery and siding with big business over the little guy. Not very progressive of you, except that your party no longer cares about the little guy, only identity politics. Really, you should be ashamed.

I am much, much smarter than you are. We have benen over the liberal chest thumping as well- merely telling everyone that you are smart does not make you so. You are not impressing anyone, just showing that you are support slavery and big business.
Had I ever said "it cannot be done" you might have a point. I didn't, you don't.

If kicking out illegals precipitating positive change were the panacea you suggest how come it hasn't been done before this?

Why should I be ashamed? Never hired them to change my oil, cut my lawn, clean my pool, shingle my roof, or any other un-skilled thing they're known for. More to the point, I've often suggested on here that what has been proven to work has not been enforced BECAUSE greedy business and corrupt politicians have more clout than you or I.......E-VERIFY every single employee and they'd be gone through self deportation overnight.

Make E-Verify a Federal law because federal funds are being defrauded and ram it up the whazooos of those states that buck the flow by awarding sanctuary cities and driver's licenses to them and you'd have had this problem solved decades ago. Greed stopped that, along with a bought and paid for SCOTUS.

Oh, just one more paragraph to address; that part about being smarter then me because you can jump to pull the lever on your "stupid assumption" machine.

I'm not American, not a liberal, did not tell anyone I was smart and most definitely not subject to the infantile "liberal" vs "conservative" retardation you're demonstrating affliction with.

Had you read my post more carefully, you might have gleaned all those little nuggets yourself but apparently being smarter than me does not include even minimal reading comprehension skillsets.

Truck on little doggie, you're dismissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies