Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 11:26 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Of course they're swooning... They're scared s***less that Trump will deport their illegal alien gardeners, housekeepers, nannies, etc., that they exploit for cheap labor. They might actually be forced to pay legal workers a living wage, and they want NO part of that.

If that's the case, I hope Trump starts with his OWN illegal employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 11:28 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Didn't Ms. Streep give a standing ovation to Roman Polanski at the Academy Awards in 2003? Does she prefer and applaud a 43 year old man convicted of unlawful intercourse with a 13 year old child to Trump who has been wrongly accused of making fun of a handicapped person? Hollywood hypocrites all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXnNOBj26lk

Old 01-10-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerDude View Post
Where was the outrage for your idiot black clown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOBTUCv4o0
He apologized. He acknowledged what he said.

Get back to me when Trump is man enough to do the same.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:32 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yet they elected a billionaire celebrity reality tv personality who lives in a golden tower in the middle of the richest place in the country.

Yeah, elitist rich liberals are not why Trump won. Trump is the epitome of elitist rich. And Middle America is pretty freakin stupid if they think Trump is going to care about them.
This.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerDude View Post
That makes him a black clown apologist *****.

I apologize to no one!
Oh brother!!!

REAL men are humble and admit when they've made a mistake.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
They only speak when surrounded with like idiots. I dare Miss Streep to come to my neighborhood in person and repeat her goofy words. She thinks that standing in front of a mic and spewing is reaching everyone, but she is sadly mistaken. We hear her words but we're laughing at her.

I guarantee her I will never again see a Streep movie. Not that it much matters. She's too old and haggard to appear in much of anything. Anything I have seen her in was unremarkable.
Why? What would you do?

Old 01-10-2017, 11:46 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I am constantly amused by the people who claim that Ms Streep and others in her profession are not entitled to express their opinions as if they don't live in this country, pay taxes, contribute greatly to the economy, etc.
Why should their opinion count less than someone like, say, "Joe the Plumber?"

It boggles the mind.

Who says she's not entitled to her opinion? As to whether it counts less than Joe the Plumber, I'd look to Joe, since he has more at stake in the coming years (and he probably voted for the winning candidate).

Its a little bizarre to see celebrities, outfitted in tuxedos and designer gowns, seated at tables with champagne and filet mignon, talking about what a disaster it is that the American working class chose Donald Trump. What's wrong with those working people -- don't they know that Hollywood dictates not only how you look, but also how you think?

Then Streep -- who is good but is no Glenn Close -- steps up and doubles down on Hillary's "deplorables" theme, mocking people who watch football and MMA. Good move Meryl, way to help the Dems!

Old 01-10-2017, 11:50 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This is the strangest argument.

Ms Streep made her remarks in her own environment.
She was not trotted out by Democrats, she was honored by her peers, many of whom do happen to be Republicans.

If so-called Middle America doesn't care about Hollywood, their lack of concern will no doubt show up at the box office.
Let's see how that goes, shall we?
Seriously? Name them.

Ready, Set, GO........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why? What would you do?
90% of the audience here would turn our backs on her and walk out. She wouldn't like the humiliation. She's nothing but ego driven and she would turn tail and run from the snub.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Who says she's not entitled to her opinion? As to whether it counts less than Joe the Plumber, I'd look to Joe, since he has more at stake in the coming years (and he probably voted for the winning candidate).

Its a little bizarre to see celebrities, outfitted in tuxedos and designer gowns, seated at tables with champagne and filet mignon, talking about what a disaster it is that the American working class chose Donald Trump. What's wrong with those working people -- don't they know that Hollywood dictates not only how you look, but also how you think?

Then Streep -- who is good but is no Glenn Close -- steps up and doubles down on Hillary's "deplorables" theme, mocking people who watch football and MMA. Good move Meryl, way to help the Dems!
But its not bizarre for those same working class to vote Trump in based on the idea he gets them more than other candidates? Don't you think there is a huge disconnect there?

Old 01-10-2017, 11:54 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
But its not bizarre for those same working class to vote Trump in based on the idea he gets them more than other candidates? Don't you think there is a huge disconnect there?

What should the working class do -- wait for a poor person to run for president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies