Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 11:57 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,915,268 times

Advertisements

Who cares? What makes this any different then the other 1000 or so celebrities or politicians that bashed Trump/ supported Hillary over the past year and a half? A little late to the bash Trump party there Meryl whoever you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 12:03 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I wish these people would stop with the political posturing. We go to an Oscar Party every year and already decided that if things go the way they seem to be going we will just stop and call it a good run. We want these entertainers to entertain us, not lecture and cause awkwardness for groups like us with varying political positions. We can get that anywhere, EVERYWHERE, and actors are not who we look to for this info since some clearly don't know jack about anything.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:26 AM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Ohh Puleeze.. No swooning going on at all..And YES..Heir Trumpft will become POTUS come Jan 20th.. Soo May I suggest..You accept the blessings and the BLOWBACK for whatever Trump and His "Oligarchy" appointee's DO.. I won't even mention the likelihood of CONFLICT being a UUUUGE issue pretty soon! !!

Conservative always bang that drum of Constitution... yet deflecting those rules to suit some partisan ideology won't work.. Sorry Appointing son-in law is not acceptable... Billionaires who have DEALS with International Companies without disclosing is a NO GO..Then of Course his own FAMILY negotiating as late as the last month to score $$ contracts..simply is on it's face REDiculouSLY AGAINST LAWS!! put in place back in the '60's!!

Anyway, fendenders of Trump and his obviously/exposed SELF Interest for self gain doesn't matter to hardcore .. Just wait you all..Congress may slide a few things.. BUT unadulterated ABUSE will end up like NIXON or worse..

Back then..Nixon had no family involvement in his scheme..BUT trump, has his daughter, his SIL and a whole host of Cohorts that will get caught up into his WEB!! Be careful Trumper's.. Pence too may well get caught up too!

Digital footprints are totally accessible..especially for anyone who wants to expose anyone they deem vulnerable. IF anyone thinks that Russia or any other World Power Figure doesn't have Trump by the "Short and Curly's" Best they keep things in perspective!!

BTW~~ Trump saying RNC didn't get hacked is FALSE.. Sure they did..and not exposed because Russia's target was Hillary. BUT never fear..Info is so FAR NOT Exposed. LOL , Just wait till Putin want's something.. Is it blackmail or subversion??

Meanwhile Trumps finds it necessary to address M. Streep because she spoke out of rights of indivividuas and NOT accepting BULLYING and accepting the premise that it's OK to demonize and attack others physically or verbally .. Course Trumper's have no recognitions of that POINT!!
And who did you vote for?

Old 01-10-2017, 12:52 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Judd Apatow's tweet in particular. There is no way Trump will survive now
I've no idea who Judd Apatow might be. Is his/her opinion important?

But no matter. Trump has already brought 10s of 1000s of jobs to middle America and more are being announced each day. Elites in Hollywood continue to have a hissy fit.

Now who do you think is earning Middle America's ear? ....... Thought so.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:59 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Because those who hang on her every word are basing that decision on the movies she's been in plus the awards and accolades she's received over the years. If she were just someone off the street they wouldn't be paying any attention to her false accusations.
Huh? Basing what decision?

Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to post here because you are unfairly influencing others with your falsehoods?

Old 01-10-2017, 04:19 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How do you feel about Bill Clinton? Or George Bush then? Because if stupid tweets have your back up wow have I got some history lessons for you!
Its a different kind of stupid. Its SO ****ing juvenile to sit there and tweet about minuscule issues like an actor imitating you or an actress talking about you at an awards show. It makes me think he doesn't care about the gravity of his position.

Also, where are those tweets about the KKK and white nationalists? Did his stubby little fingers ever find the time to disavow them on Twitter? I'm sure not.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:32 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Trump is a petty, vindictive man who can't handle criticism.
A trait of many Politicians. Especially Obama.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:36 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A trait of many Politicians. Especially Obama.
I don't recall Obama tweeting to movie stars, I think we are in different territory.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:40 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't recall Obama tweeting to movie stars, I think we are in different territory.
Yeah, good thing. I'm liking the government by tweet. Should save everyone the need to go to DC, safer that way.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:42 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
You are under estimate Hollywood. I live here almost nearly 40 years. It's pretty shallow industry. I wouldn't lecture people if you don't know better. I never thought she was ugly but my friend did.
Hollywood as an industry has a long way to go, but in a lot of ways it reflects its customers. Doesn't mean your friend has to act like a shallow arse.

I can "lecture" people if I like, I lived in Hollywood for 15 years and am one of the less than 5% of recording engineers in the world that are women - working in the high end commercial music business which is arguably worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies