Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 10:45 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah, because ugly/pretty is all there is to it when you're a woman in Hollywood, right?

Sheesh. Trump supporters living up to their stereotypes in droves on this thread.
You are under estimate Hollywood. I live here almost nearly 40 years. It's pretty shallow industry. I wouldn't lecture people if you don't know better. I never thought she was ugly but my friend did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 10:50 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Of course he is supposed to ignore the insults. All presidents have. Trump has to realize that our country is more important than him. I don't think he has realized that yet. It's still all about him
He is different. Why can't you accept that.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:57 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It was only a great speech if you agree with what she said.

She is allowed to say whatever she wants about Trump, and the people here are well within their rights to say whatever they want about her in response.
She was speaking at the Golden Globes to an audience of actors and Hollywood bigwigs. Most movie people are liberal and probably agree with her. She obviously felt very sad that a member of the press was mocked for his disability. Most CARING people, no matter their political persuasion, would agree on that particular point. At least I hope so...

Old 01-09-2017, 11:09 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
He is different. Why can't you accept that.
When he was first running, I thought he may be an alternative to Hillary. I never liked Hillary...too much baggage. But he went off the rails and had nothing intelligent to say in the debates except insulting people, it really turned me off on him. Different is ok. He has a lot of baggage as well with all his corporate dealings and bankruptcies. But I can't accept a president who goes on a twitter rampage insulting people who have hurt his feelings. It's beneath the office of president. Michelle is called an ape in heels. Obama takes the high road as every president as done. Trump goes on twitter to call out Alec Baldwin for his portrayal of him. And then goes after Arnold for not getting the ratings that he had. He is an egotist who only cares about himself and the accolades he gets. That is my opinion. If you don't like it, I'm sorry.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:11 PM

19,812 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Oh, we can't mock ANYONE anymore? PC garbage.
No one is saying you can't (unless you are a child and you have parents and/or teachers telling you that you can't). What I said is that people who DO are mean and, imo, wrong -- as in the sense that it is wrong to lie, wrong to steal, etc.

And since when is being kind and compassionate "garbage"?

Well, maybe it is in your mind and world, but not in mine.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:11 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Hollywood Loved Meryl Streep

Judd Apatow's tweet in particular. There is no way Trump will survive now
lol. Who in the world is JuddApatow?

Oh, well, the fools, including Meryl, can speak their mind, but not on my time.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:13 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How do you feel about Bill Clinton? Or George Bush then? Because if stupid tweets have your back up wow have I got some history lessons for you!
There were no tweets back then

Old 01-09-2017, 11:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Trump was mocking the reporter based on the report, he didn't know Serge Kovaleski personally, and didn't know about his handicap. People tend to leave that small detail out. Wonder why...

Your statement is false. I'm not calling you a liar, since you probably believe it, but Trump met him several times when Kovaleski was a reporter for the NY Daily News.

Trump is a petty, vindictive man who can't handle criticism.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:45 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Democrats continue to trot out elitist, rich Liberals. Do you guys realize that this is partially why you lost? Middle America doesn't care what Hollywood thinks.
No one 'trotted out' Meryl Streep. Her speech was all her own.
I'm not at all sure middle America is as indifferent to Hollywood as you think. Especially when it comes to Meryl Streep.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:53 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Donald Trump is the modern Super Man, he is the man of steel.
his only weakness is kryptonite........ and/or mild criticism from an actress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies