Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 05:53 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,339,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
No.
Not every "human nature" thing should be legal. I'm not suggesting that sex between 13 male and 45 woman will be legal, but the society can go only with probation or few weeks in jail because actually the only negative issue here is the possibility of child support payments.

You cannot be serious here. seriously talk to anyone male or female who has been sexually abused because that is what we are really talking about here. And get back to me on what "negative" issues they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 06:11 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
You cannot be serious here. seriously talk to anyone male or female who has been sexually abused because that is what we are really talking about here. And get back to me on what "negative" issues they have.
I get you & agree. I wouldn't worry too much about the other guy's ranting. He's most likely just trying to tell us he's a Man Going His Own Way.

This is the thing, so what.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:53 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'd love to see what you are reading.

I am telling you from MY personal experience that as a 13/14 year old girl who absolutely LOVED men, I would have happily had sex with any one of them. But that doesn't make it right. Not for me and not for the adult.
There are two main reasons why society forbids sex between adult males and teen girls:
1. The society does not need an army of teen mothers, for a lot of economical reasons.
2. Defending of young and naive females from being taken advantage by older men and get traumatized.

In this case none of those reasons exist, because teens in this kind of cases feel like a hero.

In your case it's not ok, because in a case of pregnancy you will be a burden on your parents and the society.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:08 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
There are two main reasons why society forbids sex between adult males and teen girls:
1. The society does not need an army of teen mothers, for a lot of economical reasons.
2. Defending of young and naive females from being taken advantage by older men and get traumatized.

In this case none of those reasons exist, because teens in this kind of cases feel like a hero.

In your case it's not ok, because in a case of pregnancy you will be a burden on your parents and the society.
So you are denying that males don't suffer from sexual abuse? Because that is exactly what you are advocating for.

And what if I was on the pill and he used a condom? I most likely wouldn't get pregnant. I'll do you one better - no sexual intercourse just everything else. Now is it okay?

I can tell you right now that the girls who did bag teachers in high school felt like heroes too. Your logic is beyond faulty.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
believe or not, it is by no means symetrical and shouldn't be considered so.

The trauma on a 13 year old girl and that on a 13 year old boy is completely different. In fact, there is a good chance there is no trauma on the boy whatsoever. He might boast about it in a few years to everyone.

no it is not fair, but that's reality.

It may well be different, but it still has an impact on boys.

Using your train of thought, women who are sexually assaulted once they've passed out in a drunken stupor are less traumatized than those who were aware, so the perpetrator should get lighter sentencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I'm not surprised by the reasonable reactions here, I'd applaud many of them. The libertarian stances taken here in this thread are not reasonable. They're used to explain or justify or legitimize other backward views as well. It makes sense to counter with rational arguments but often doesn't persuade those with an almost religious zeal.
I should have been clearer that those justifying this (mash and Gunion) shouldn't be surprised by the reaction they're getting. I tagged it on as part of a response to you and (I think) others.

Mash, I asked before what country you're from and never got an answer. So I'll ask again - what country are you from?

Old 01-17-2017, 11:11 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
"The crime has affected the victim in many ways. He's hurt, embarrassed and it is affecting his schooling."

If it's affecting his school work, she's damaged him.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:06 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"The crime has affected the victim in many ways. He's hurt, embarrassed and it is affecting his schooling."

If it's affecting his school work, she's damaged him.
I'd be embarrassed too. His classmates are surely not high fiving him over scoring with grandma.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:09 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This is so gross.

A definition of Pedophile is a person who has a sexual interest in children. It doesn't say a male who has a sexual interest in children.

She is a child molester and rapist.
Agree. It's just wrong.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:10 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
The Texas teacher isn't bad looking actually I think the 13 year old boy liked it to be honest. He was able to perform every day for like a year? That doesn't sound like a kid that's not liking it to me a guy can't perform if he's scared especially a kid. When I was that age I knew which girls got me excited and which ones didn't I just didn't know what to do if I caught one of them....but I guess that's what Texas teachers are for lol. I mean she's still nuts of course letting herself get pregnant from him and everything. That case is soooo odd with how the parents knew about it and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
The people I've talked to who grew up in the 50s, 60s or 70s say that it was quite common for teachers at their high school to be screwing students. Honestly, I think our society has become too uptight about this kind of stuff.
You're disgusting... that era is when child rapists ran wild they were getting away with it constantly. I know of a woman who was born in the 60's and is passed away now it happened to her when she was a little girl and she had a lot of mental problems in adult life.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 01-17-2017 at 04:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies