Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 12:28 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times

Advertisements

There are different standards for men vs women as sex offenders. Women are usually treated with kid gloves, while men are not. I believe many women know how to manipulate with tears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 02:54 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I agree with not sending her to prison. That said, the sentence should not be probation. She should be under house arrest with many restrictions put on her. The judge does not know that this was an aberration.

At least she didn't avoid having to register as a sex offender.
She should have been thrown in prison for a long time...same as a man would/should be.
I'm a woman, but I'm sick and tired of some women claiming that we need equal rights, when there are sentences like this handed out, and women didn't have to sign up for selective service, or get lighter prison terms/sentences if they are pregnant. They also almost always get custody of kids in divorces unless they are a drug addicted, homeless, prostitute.
They also have lower physical standards for jobs in the police, fire dept, and military. There should be ONE physical fitness standard. If you meet it, you're eligible, if you dont, then you aren't.
Fwiw, I served 8 yrs on the military, and always qualified in the physical fitness standards that men had. (Ie...run times were below the times men needed to qualify, etc.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Whoa. I never said what goes for me goes for everyone. I'm objecting to the claims that these relationships must be caused by one or both parties having a mentally unhealthy or predatory nature.

This thread is filled with nothing but subjective terms like "normal" and "sick", which have zero effect against my stance.

Relationships? You've gotta be kidding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
When I was in school a 14 year old classmate was having sex with a 34 year old woman on a regular basis. We were so envious of this classmate.

The point is that most male teens do not get damaged by having sex with an adult female. In fact, most teen boys would welcome that opportunity. I am not saying it is correct and I do not approve, but it is what it is.

A teen female is different and any adult male that touches her should go to jail.
WRONG. I happened to be with three shrinks working on a project when news of sexting at a high school broke and we had a long discussion about teenagers having sex. It most certainly does cause damage. Kids aren't emotionally ready for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
My point is that a person who attracted to a female with characteristics of fertility is not a phedophyle.
Sure they are, but maybe not in your country. It's clear from your writing that you're not a person born in this country. And with little girls menstruating and growing breasts earlier and earlier, at ages eight and nine, whacko's would just LOVE an opportunity to justify jumping on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Sound like absolutist subset of libertarians to me, surprised they haven't brought up 'shunning'.
One is foreign from God knows where and the other is just trying to justify his preference.

Hey, don't be surprised you're getting this reaction here. You'd get it anywhere other than maybe pedophilia.com.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:31 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,793,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I agree that sexual attraction to a 13 year old is not pedophilia and should be regarded differently, socially and legally, from people who get off on toddlers, but it is still a sign of stunted emotional maturity if not malicious intent. Sexual relationships between adults and young teens should still carry a penalty including, but not limited to, pychological evaluation.

A 13 year old may pubescent, but they are neither mentally, nor physically an adult. 13 year old boy weighing in at 100 pounds with a dirt mustache, Dorito breath, skid marks, and a Pokemon collection is not a legitmate sexual partner for someone in their 20s. Anyone in their 20s who finds young teens sexually attractive is demented.

Now I will concede that some emotionally and physically mature people in their mid to later teens can be seen as adults from a biological and psychological perspective while still under the age of consent, but the mere existence of descended testicles or a girl in her first bra does not mean he or she is emotionally ready to have a sexual relationship with an adult. And an adult who does pursue such relationships, however well intended, is essentially commiting the equivalent of having sex with a drunk, drugged, or otherwise mentally impaired person.
You do realize that the age of consent was as low as 10 only a century ago? How does something go from being acceptable to "demented" in such a short time frame? Evolution doesn't work that fast.

Lots of people still say homosexuality is demented. It seems like we can't agree on what is or isn't.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:56 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
There are different standards for men vs women as sex offenders. Women are usually treated with kid gloves, while men are not. I believe many women know how to manipulate with tears.

NAH they also get probation with a title and a class- NAH- very few get hard miserable time - or their deserved death penalty

Old 01-16-2017, 05:00 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What the hell is wrong with these judges??? Between the judge letting those kids off for sexually assaulting the high schooler with a hanger and this, I think some of them must be nuts.

This woman had sex with her daughter's 13-year-old boyfriend and only got probation? Would a man only get probation if he had sex with his son's 13-year-old girlfriend?!

The reasons cited by the judge were that it was an aberration and that this woman appeared to be compassionate in caring for her elderly parents and others in the community.

So you can get away with it if it's just a one-off, and some good deeds will offset the crime??!!

Mom gets probation for rape of 13-year-old boy
Oh hell no.

I just read a story about some white chick getting 30 years for granting every sexually aware 13 year old boy their wish.

Damn black privilege.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Oh hell no.

I just read a story about some white chick getting 30 years for granting every sexually aware 13 year old boy their wish.

Damn black privilege.
Alexandria Vera a white chick? Okay.

The sentence seems excessive, but see the difference between a judge who is doing his job and one who believed the crocodile tears?

The difference is 30 years.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:42 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

Sure they are, but maybe not in your country. It's clear from your writing that you're not a person born in this country. And with little girls menstruating and growing breasts earlier and earlier, at ages eight and nine, whacko's would just LOVE an opportunity to justify jumping on them.
It's not pedophylic in any country in the world.
Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2]

Old 01-16-2017, 06:12 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,564 times
The people I've talked to who grew up in the 50s, 60s or 70s say that it was quite common for teachers at their high school to be screwing students. Honestly, I think our society has become too uptight about this kind of stuff.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
It's not pedophylic in any country in the world.
Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2]
I don't care what you want to call it or not call it, it's illegal here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
The people I've talked to who grew up in the 50s, 60s or 70s say that it was quite common for teachers at their high school to be screwing students. Honestly, I think our society has become too uptight about this kind of stuff.
Yeah, people still think taking a switch to their kids backside is okay, too, since it happened in the '50's, '60's and '70's, but hopefully we've evolved enough where we know how damaging that is to a child and don't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies