Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 08:39 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,793,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Mash and Gunion Powder, are you both from another country originally? And living in the U.S. now?
I guess Texas is kind of its own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 08:40 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This woman had sex with her daughter's 13-year-old boyfriend and only got probation? Would a man only get probation if he had sex with his son's 13-year-old girlfriend?!
No, he'd probably get 10 years in prison at least.

Being a woman has its privileges.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:42 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Well, it's good for me that my road to success and happiness does not rely on your moral compass.
well, how you like to live your life is your business.

There was a time when an adolescent boy who got seduced into a sexual relationship with an attractive older woman was considered lucky. But make no mistake: There's a reason the law defines such liaisons as a crime. When an adult — man or woman — lures a vulnerable minor into a situation that allows him to be sexually exploited, it's a form of abuse, and it can have serious consequences for the victim emotionally and psychologically.

While it's true that many adolescent boys do occasionally fantasize about having sex with an older, "experienced" woman — a teacher, close relative or family friend — there's a big difference between dreaming about such encounters and actually participating in one, willingly or unwillingly

Old 01-16-2017, 08:42 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What point you are trying to make? They like to have sex with children.

It is kind of silly to play the game of words.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

Old 01-16-2017, 08:43 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
And some developed much earlier and at 13 look like 17.

No. And the only reason is that I, as a parent, could be on the hook for child support until he gets 18.
On the first comment, you made my point for me. All children and people in general develop physically, mentally and emotionally at different times. Thus not all "13 year olds are physically an adult" as the poster I responded to claims.

Based on your 2nd comment, I must assume you are not a parent yet, or are very into your own needs, not your kids.
If you son gets screwed up emotionally or has trouble with intimate relationships in his future, you as a parent are suppose to prevent harm coming to him, as best you can. Heck he could get a permanent STD that could damage his health or eventually take his life. Most children have little clue as to the dangers involved with sexual activity, hence another reason for the age of consent in our society.
To boil it all down to monetary worries about child support, and ignoring all the other potential negative consequences, makes you seem very shallow and/or naive (no personal offense intended).

Old 01-16-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Thanks for the link.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:46 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,793,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Wow, I had not read this gem when I responded to your other post. "Japanese are known to be smarter than Americans"
Where do you come up with these sweeping generalizations and then warp them into absolutes
Even if some Japs are smarter than some Yanks in certain areas, that hardly has anything to do with their cultural norms vs. ours.

As to conflating your sexual experiences as being ok for you, so it should be ok for others is absurd. It is hardly reflective of the rest of society.
Many people with emotional problems have sexual encounters from their youth (consensual or not). Remember the age of consent is there for a reason, as our society has deemed children are not ready on many levels to be having sex that young. Much less with adults who very likely are using them for their own sexual gratification, without regard as to how it will effect the child.

Your last pronouncement about one scenario being wrong vs. the other, you seem to have some very warped ways of seeing things, and it has nothing to do with PC.
Whoa. I never said what goes for me goes for everyone. I'm objecting to the claims that these relationships must be caused by one or both parties having a mentally unhealthy or predatory nature.

This thread is filled with nothing but subjective terms like "normal" and "sick", which have zero effect against my stance.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:46 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Thanks for the link.
I linked it to show that while this behavior in the OP isn't pedophilia, it is still related and comes with its own set of issues. It certainly isn't okay to act this way.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I linked it to show that while this behavior in the OP isn't pedophilia, it is still related and comes with its own set of issues. It certainly isn't okay to act this way.
agreed.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Whoa. I never said what goes for me goes for everyone. I'm objecting to the claims that these relationships must be caused by one or both parties having a mentally unhealthy or predatory nature.
well, Roman Polanski's Victim Samantha Geimer said to news reporter that she was not traumatized; she moved on and she doesn't view herself as a victim, nor does she view Roman Polanski a monster.

That doesn't mean what Roman Polanski did is acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies