Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 11:37 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
So 49 people are tragically murdered and the motive isn't important?
Nope motive isn't important unless a sporting rifle chambered in a carbine cartridge was used to further anti gun agenda.

AR and AK platforms are fun. If you know what you're doing can be greatly accurized. I have one AR in .308 that I used to hunt deer with. To the bolt gun elitist...

Ever drop 2 bucks at 400 ish yards within 10 yards of each other? I have. Can't do that with a bolt action...

Before you judge on what weapons people should be limited to or what the 2nd should be interpreted as, I suggest you go to a range. Give one a try. Most fun you'll have with your clothes on outside of racing a stock car/dirtbike/quad.

MOLON LABE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 05:49 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Says you. I disagree and if you come help me on Hog duty, I will make a believer out of you so then you can sit there with experience and lie and say I do not have a purpose for a high capacity "clip"(LOL)

If a person needs more than a lever action will hold, the problem is with the shooter, nor the gun.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:52 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
His religion isn't important to me, he was born an American and committed a terrorist act, that makes him a domestic terrorist.

Yeah, but some of the people killed were nightclub employees, so it's "workplace violence"!

Old 01-17-2017, 05:56 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
This term has been used for some time now.
Very true. That's the description of my Dad's 8mm bolt Mauser deer rifle, a military style rifle.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Militia = Civilian Organized Military, trained in domestic gorilla warfare.

Gorilla warfare? Based on your comments about my mistake between clip and magazine, we can presume also here that you have no clue what you are talking about in learning GUERILLA warfare .

What state militia are you a part of ? Because the militias referenced in the Constitution were organized under government control, usually the states , and commanded, trained, and answerable to commanders commissioned by the state . Yahooos getting their AR15s, camoing up and going out into the woods to practice what they learn from reading survival mags and books, then afterwards heading to the local Hooters for wings and beer is not being part of a militia, it's a half a step above teenagers playing paintball.

Your post reminds me of when I was a kid listening to the news wondering how those Viet Cong trained gorillas to fight for them

Old 01-17-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Probably end up shooting himself & if he survives he'll decide that pistol should be banned because it's dangerous .

Nah, Im smart enough to know what I don't know and get proper trainng. Probably will go ahead and get a CHL. I'm not worried about shooting myself, I am already capable of with a rifle and shotgun, I've just never had any desire to pretend to be a soldier , just your basic hunter . I don't have to chase wounded deer . Learning a semi auto handgun should be no problem .

Old 01-17-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hahahhhahahhha...so, the 30/30 holds at least 6 rounds (1 in the chamber), the 12ga holds at least 3, and the 40, depending on which size....holds a minimum of 5......

Why would you buy these? They hold so many rounds.....

And the .40......LOL.....

I'm not sure I grasp your sarcasm . You are trying to poke fun at my belief a hunting gun doesn't need a ton of ammo by poking fun at my owning a 6 shot rifle?

I needed 1 round for my last deer . That was it . If a person can't drop a deer with 3 rounds in their gun then the problem is with the shooter, not the ammo capacity .

Old 01-17-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Wallflash. You have to understand...the 2nd Amendment nuts have this whole perverse taxonomy of fire arm terms with the whole purpose of discrediting anyone who would suggest their choice of weapons is not reasonable. As soon as it becomes clear you are not a full believer in the need for each and every to be armed to the limit it begins.

Things like the difference between "assault rifle" and "military weapon" and "sporting rifle" are used to imply you lack understanding. Even if can shoot well and understand muzzle velocity and the physics of bullet flight you are obviously unqualified if you don't immdediately accept that a semi-automatic weapon can never be an assault rifle. So the poor infantryman whose autoselect switch malfunctions is now of course no longer armed with an assault weapon...he has been downgraded to a Sporting rifle.

Clip versus magazine is similar. When I learned military shooting with an M1 they were clips. But those go inside the rifle where a magazine is an external container. And that different is all important...it proves you know nothing about arms.

So ignore them. They actually know very little. And you can call it a clip and they know exactly what you meant. But they can feel superior and denigrate your input. But don't sweat. They basically make no difference in the overall scheme of things. They just need to feel important.

My first exposure to a semi auto was in my early 20s from a friend who had an old original M1, not a modern replica . He had 2 banana clips duct taped together so that he could yank it out and turn it over without looking for the second clip. I learned the term from him.

But never fired the gun nor had any desire to do so. I'm not a gun nut, I just like hunting , mostly for the outdoor experience and the meat . And I never saw the need of hunting with a gun that held 20 rounds , and still don't . I've never needed more than 2 . A gun is a tool , like a truck . I don't obsess over trucks. I find talking about monster trucks and such extremely boring . I drive a pickup , but don't get into obsessing about tricking them out or what the new ones have . My attitude on guns is the same. They stay locked up until I need them , without any obsessing about them or how cool they are .

Last edited by wallflash; 01-17-2017 at 06:53 AM..

Old 01-17-2017, 06:38 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Is there a gun nut forum you guys should be posting on?

Honestly, the clip/magazine argument is the dumbest bit of gun nut semantics. I grew up calling magazines clips. Then I joined the army, where I learned quite a bit about firearms, and in that time I called them magazines. Years later, I find myself commonly referring to them as clips. My choice of nomenclature does not negate my actual firearms knowledge. Most people aren't going to cultists, and don't really care. One need not be a firearms expert to have sensible positions on gun control. As a matter of fact, the opposite might be true.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:43 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
We'll call them" Fake Military Style Rifles", confuse the hell out of everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies