Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 09:08 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,730,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Any "war" created between men and women has been created by the media, politician groups, and the vast vocal minority.

Realize this and step out of the matrix into reality. Those that participate in these things are showing how they are pawns that are easily influenced and manipulated by others.

Not an admirable quality.
Yes folks this is what "the shut up and take it" percentage of population claims.
Attitudes like this are sad .... and really show how some people are okay with passively letting bad things continue to happen.

They are still singing he hit me and it felt like a kiss to listen to the melody and not the words.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
[quote=klmrocks;46915505]Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
One other thing to consider, Trump got more fat women to walk in ONE DAY that Michelle Obama did in EIGHT YEARS!

He should be called the "Health President"![/QUOTE

Not laughing.... because it is not really funny... just disrespectfull.
Hopefully it does not take some random man to "grab a woman by the *****" in your family for you to understand why there is so much outrage. It is these little disrespectful digs and insults directed towards women that get carelessly thrown out that need to be addressed and stopped. Stop making jokes at other people's expenses. Laugh at your own rights getting trampled.... but I am not okay with careless disrespectful clowns making a joke out of the actions of millions of people who hits the streets to protest and protect my rights yesterday.
What rights of yours are "getting trampled"? Please be specific. What rights do you have that have been threatened as of TODAY? Again be specific.

The joke is the hodge podge of demands that end up making no sense and a bunch of wound up people look foolish.
When people act like lemmings with no clear cause of course there's going to be jokes bandied about, yesterdays "mess" called a protest just begs for it to happen...

Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Every woman who marched felt good about being there. They met other strong women who refuse to be objectified and networked with them, potentially for future events. It will increase their voter turnouts in future elections. It not only was inspiring, it was educational to young marchers, some in their teens.

And that's just for starters. What it accomplished is simply too numerous to mention. On day one these women stood up and spoke out. I don't see strong women like these sitting on the sidelines any longer, and that movement will continue to grow.

Conservative women sit on the sidelines and do as their man tells them, but not educated and strong women.
Your laundry soap box collapsed when Hillary lost. Time to move on...

Old 01-22-2017, 09:10 AM

418 posts, read 1,090,555 times
You have GOT to be kidding, LOL

Old 01-22-2017, 09:13 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
What is more disgusting though crass comments or actual sexual assault, possible rape and a woman who sought to silence and ruin the reputations of the the victims of it for her own political aspirations?
what the hell?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:13 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Every woman who marched felt good about being there. They met other strong women who refuse to be objectified and networked with them, potentially for future events. It will increase their voter turnouts in future elections. It not only was inspiring, it was educational to young marchers, some in their teens.

And that's just for starters. What it accomplished is simply too numerous to mention. On day one these women stood up and spoke out. I don't see strong women like these sitting on the sidelines any longer, and that movement will continue to grow.

Conservative women sit on the sidelines and do as their man tells them, but not educated and strong women.
So I guess only liberal women are "strong" women, eh?
What exactly is a "strong" woman anyway? I've always thought that was a condescending term. We live in a society or aspire to live in a society with equality so why the qualifier? It's as if the default for women is *not* strong and we need some qualifier to identify the strong ones.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:14 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Read the signs .......
Read the news articles.....
Listen to some if the speaches made that were recorded on YouTube.....

It id not that complicated ....
Yeah, it was all over the place

Old 01-22-2017, 09:19 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Exactly what was accomplished? Did the "protest" change anything? What changes will be made (if any) in the future due to the "protests"?
It is quite likely that the answerd are : 1. Nothing. 2. No. and 3. None.
So the entire thing, from start to finish, was a waste.
Oh, yes, they "got their message out there". Then, it promptly disappeared into the great uncaring universal void.
Net gain: Zero, zilch, nada.
Again, a total waste.
You need to work on convincing yourself that it was a total waste, because most of us know that it was not. But I get it that Trump fans are scared of the implications of what happened yesterday, if I supported him I would be too.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:20 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
The longer I live the more I'm coming to understand that there is an unbridgeable gap between the ideologies of left and right. We talk right past one another because we do not speak the same language nor base our beliefs on the same binding moral values.

Right: loyalty, purity, authority
Left: compassion, fairness

And ne'er the twain shall meet.

Note: My thanks to Peter Hays Gries, whose books and articles have been invaluable in my attempt to understand the widening gulf in American politics. I recommend him for those who are similarly interested in how we come to think the way we think.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:22 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Impressive!

Literally millions upon millions around the globe on all 7 continents turned out to oppose Trump.

Here's a link to photos:

Protests around the world.

All across America in red states and blue states, large cities and smaller towns. In major cities all around the world.

Peaceful protests w/o violence, sending a strong message that can't be ignored.

Around the globe? If you ever see me at a march to protest the inauguration of another country's politician, please, I beg you: shoot me in the head. Because that's some saaaaaaad $h!t. And if I ever sink that low, I don't want to live no mo'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies