Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 10:03 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
So now you speak for the "vast majority"? I give the vast majority credit for being able to see the difference between a small handful of agitators looking to cause trouble on Trumps big day and millions of peaceful people/woman coming together to march the day after the swearing in.
It is a matter of opinion. No doubt about it. But I called the election for Trump way back in 2015 because it's clear what concerns people the most. i.e. Putting food on the table for their families.

However get back to me when the politicians who support this sort of nonsense take back the US Senate, US House, the Presidency and the 1100 + state and federal seats they have lost over the past 6 years.

This speaks for itself.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:06 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, in all fairness and in all honesty, as a women, I assume we’re all a bit used to sexual harassment and assault (you will never believe how soul crushing it is to admit that) Now that I am getting a little bit older, (was born in 1985) I know the differences between assault, harassment, and just friendly, harmless flirt. So I try not to be all drama queen about it.

Growing up with two very beautiful big brothers (both modeled), one was a Marine, I know what locker room talk really is, what Trump said was a little bit beyond just locker room talk. This, I do admit and I am not going to defend him for that.

I , however, don't believe that normalize this sort of behavior, it only escalates. I think decent men will always be decent men.

I think Mr. Trump is a very intelligent man who has a lot of flaws. Like it or not, admit it or not, he is OUR president now, and nobody can really change it. If he wins, we all win. We are all in this together.

I am not a protest kind of gal. So I won't judge either way. I think the country deserves some healing, and I think it is about time to move on.

Many different people have different definition of the word "strong" really means. I think nothing is stronger than gentle strength. But that is just my opinion.
That's fair enough. Everyone has a different scale for what we find repulsive. I do believe we should hold our President to a higher standard, much like we would hold a policeman to a higher standard if he were caught shoplifting a pair of sunglasses. That policeman wears a uniform and a badge and has a duty to uphold the law, not break it.

The President has a responsibility to represent all Americans equally, be they men, women, black, white, latino, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc., etc..

Old 01-22-2017, 10:07 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,362,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is anecdotal. It doesn't answer the question that you were responded to.
On State of the Union this morning, Jake Tapper made an incredibly asinine statement implying that march participants did not vote. It was just as ridiculous when he said it.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:10 AM

8,104 posts, read 6,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
On State of the Union this morning, Jake Tapper made an incredibly asinine statement implying that march participants did not vote. It was just as ridiculous when he said it.
Judging by statistics on how many eligible voters vote he was probably around 50% right.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:12 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
At the women's march in Sacramento I talked to a number of women who admitted voting for Trump. They had buyer's remorse to the extent that they got up and went out on a cold January day to let the world know how they felt. Given the turnout in many 'red' areas in the US I think that those ladies at the Sacramento event were no the only ones Trump voters who are regretting their decision.
Or marching was just the cool thing to do yesterday.

They had two options. They made their choice, and they obviously had a reason at the time for making their choice. If WOMEN who then went out to protest for "women's rights" didn't vote for Hillary, a woman, maybe they should seriously ask themselves why and what they hell they did/are doing. "Buyer's remorse" with voting IMO is complete BS. The candidates and their good and bad - but overwhelmingly bad - are shoved down our throats for over a year. There are at least three debates, from RNC and DNC earlier on to the final three with the final two candidates right before the election. People should know full well what they are doing on election day and if they don't and somehow later regret it on inauguration day, I don't feel sorry for them.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:14 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
They had two options. They made their choice, and they obviously had a reason at the time for making their choice. If WOMEN who then went out to protest for "women's rights" didn't vote for Hillary, a woman, maybe they should seriously ask themselves why and what they hell they did/are doing. "Buyer's remorse" with voting IMO is complete BS. The candidates and their good and bad - but overwhelmingly bad - are shoved down our throats for over a year. There are at least three debates, from RNC and DNC earlier on to the final three with the final two candidates right before the election. People should know full well what they are doing on election day and if they don't and somehow later regret it on inauguration day, I don't feel sorry for them.
Gosh, I don't know about it being "the cool thing", I'm 70 and I am rarely moved to do "cool things", but you can make up any narrative you want to try to explain the women's march away but the numbers speak for themselves.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:16 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Or this person is lying. I can't imagine what Trump has done in the past two and a half months that would turn any of his voters vociferously against him.

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Who is in office? This speaks for itself concerning whether it's asinine or not.

With that said, why are you wasting time on CNN?

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
When will you people realize that the Silent Majority is a real thing? That all of this sound and fury signifies nothing on election day? I guess it will never sink in.
Was the Silent Majority the 48% who voted for Hillary or the 46% that voted for Trump?

I'd say the Silent Majority are the brain dead who stayed home and watched Netflix.

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Gosh, I don't know about it being "the cool thing", I'm 70 and I am rarely moved to do "cool things", but you can make up any narrative you want to try to explain the women's march away but the numbers speak for themselves.
Haha, I'm not surprised you don't know about it being "the cool thing" if you're not a millennial.

I definitely think some people, maybe even most, were out there yesterday for real and genuine reasons. But I don't doubt that others were bandwagon jumpers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies