Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 02:56 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, I am correct about this. The pussyhats were all about protesting Trump's off-hand private remark. Note that you saw NOT ONE sign protesting the FGM being performed on girls currently living in the US.

The very sad fact is that those marchers were more outraged by something that someone SAID than they were at the ACTUAL PHYSICAL MUTILATION that is being committed on girls who live in the US.
So you saw all million-plus marchers and every one of their signs, and personally questioned each and every one of them. Right.

Look, we agree that FGM is a horrible, cruel, excruciatingly painful, ignorant and barbaric practice which needs to be eliminated entirely. No disagreement there at all. It is true that opposition to FGM was not the main focus of yesterday's marches. However, the rights of women to self-determination of all kinds were the clear focus yesterday, and certainly ridding the world of this barbarism is included in those rights.

I don't like the consumption of cats and dogs as food in some parts of the world, either. Should that have been a focus of yesterday's marches? I expect most of the marchers would agree with me. Yet none of them bore signs in opposition to eating cats and dogs, despite wearing cat-hats.

See how ridiculous this argument is? Again, opposing one evil does not equate to lack of opposition to another evil.

What are you personally doing to fight FGM? Let us know, and perhaps some of us will join you in this very worthy cause - thanks.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:06 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
And the pussyhat marchers chose to prioritize protesting a comment over protesting actual female physical mutilation. Priorities, huh?
that is a false equivalence. I suggest you look it up if you don't know what it means

Old 01-22-2017, 03:06 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I think the women have secretly put Trump in office so they could have an excuse to skip housework for the next 4 years.
Seriously? You think a woman needs an "excuse" to skip housework????

If I don't wanna do it, I don't do it.

I haven't need an "excuse" for anything since I left my parents' home.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:09 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,641,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Seriously? You think a woman needs an "excuse" to skip housework????

If I don't wanna do it, I don't do it.

I haven't need an "excuse" for anything since I left my parents' home.
You can do anything you want to do.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
No, I am correct about this. The pussyhats were all about protesting Trump's off-hand private remark. Note that you saw NOT ONE sign protesting the FGM being performed on girls currently living in the US.

The very sad fact is that those marchers were more outraged by something that someone SAID than they were at the ACTUAL PHYSICAL MUTILATION that is being committed on girls who live in the US.
Well then, why didn't YOU march? You could have been carrying that sign. There wouldn't have been a single woman who would have objected.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
You can do anything you want to do.
That's what I said. And I need no excuse.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Have your wife read your post and get back to me.
She thought it was funny but then she's not at all in agreement with the Menopause/PMS march. She, along with other ladies I've spoken with think it was the biggest waste of time and an embarrassment to be honest due to the rambling and incoherent message, lack of class shown etc...

Old 01-22-2017, 03:25 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[b]So you saw all million-plus marchers and every one of their signs, and personally questioned each and every one of them. Right.
Show us a pussyhatted marcher carrying a sign protesting FGM.

You can't. They care not one whit about US girls actually being physically mutilated. They're too "micro-agressed" about what someone said. That's a VERY sad commentary on the pusyhatters' REALLY f'ed up priorities.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:28 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
that is a false equivalence.
No, it isn't. The pussyhat marchers care not one whit about US girls actually being physically mutilated. They're too "micro-agressed" about what someone said. That's a VERY sad commentary on the pusyhatters' REALLY f'ed up priorities.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Sorry, as a woman myself, NO!

Yesterday's temper tantrum march was a narcissistic and self-indulgent "Look at me! Look at me!" shameless display of center of attention-seeking.

What SHOULD be protested instead: The REAL misogynists who oppress and mistreat women in the Middle East.

Where the narcissistic display of attention seeking SHOULD have focused efforts instead? An organized fundraiser for Planned Parenthood and shelter, food, and clothing for female victims of domestic violence and their children.

Shame on all the self-indulgent spoiled brats who participated in yesterday's temper tantrum march. For all your smug self-righteousness, you all SHOULD be aiming for MUCH more constructive and helpful results.
^^^^^^^^^Well said!!^^^^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies