Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 04:38 PM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times

Advertisements

It saddens me to watch women march for the right to murder their own children. WTF did we go wrong?

Old 01-22-2017, 04:42 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Protests have acomplished EVERYTHING. If it werent for protests, your wife or daughters wouldnt even have the right to vote.

Unless you think women shouldnt vote, in wich case i would like a justification.

Make no mistake, people, protests have changed the world several times. If it werent for protests, blacks would still be slaves and women all over the planet will be locked in their homes cooking and waiting for their man instead of OUTHERE CHANGING THE WORLD.

And make no mistake, this women rising trend its happening all over the world. In 2015 and 2016, thousands of women of Argentina stopped the country and took the streets, just like in most countries, to protest about many injusticies.

Women are rising everywhere. THIS ISNT STOPPING AND WE ARE MORE AND MORE

ALL
OVER
THE
WORLD
You are absolutely correct. After the Tea Party protests started, look how the world has changed. State legislatures, governor's mansions, congress and the Senate have overwhelmingly gone to the GOP.

In spite of being called racists every time they protested, they quietly, non-violently and firmly marched for change.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:46 PM

4,258 posts, read 3,179,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I had a co-worker like Bill once. He loved the ladies and they loved him back. Clinton (and my coworker) is quite different from Trump. He is not a p-grabber like Trump. He admires women and would respect their space. Trump is abusive, a misogynist, who thinks his wealth gives him the right to assault others.
Clinton...respect their space? Seriously have you paid any attention at all to the complaints against him? The man is a lech!

Old 01-22-2017, 06:15 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,534,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I just had a long discussion with my daughter at lunch about how this march is going to draw detractors who will seek any reason to discount its participants, and we MUST remain committed to continued and tangible work on behalf of whatever specific cause motivated us to go downtown yesterday. While it was fine to have a big group hug, wear funny hats, and carry pithy signs, it will turn out to be empty symbolism if we are not motivated to real action. I similarly call all of you who are concerned about FGM, sex trafficking, etc. to put your money and time where your mouth is. Get involved and encourage other people to do the same. Otherwise, you're no better than those you criticize as being full of hot air.
Well said

We are marching for the new generation. I have a son, a little baby boy. Im marching for him. I march so his generation wont have to deal with many of the things we have to deal with, just like my mom marched and i live in a culture in where being a woman with two degrees is normal , and my grandma marched so my mom could vote or attend university.

My grandma didnt attend university, she just raised her 4 children. She didnt work either, she raised their children while her husband worked.

My mom did go to university and traveled through europe but couldnt complete her degree, cause she got married and had childre, and, while stopping her career for several years due to having small kids, she eventually got back to work and got her degree.

Me: i went to the university, got two degrees and working on my masters. Lived alone in a different city since im 18, excersised my right to vote since, studied all the careers i wanted (literature, publishing, creative writing, journalism) got an appartment, lived my life, had live in boyfriends, jobs and many many experiences. Eventually found the one, got pregnant and had a baby at 34 (only 3 months ago). Im still working and studying and co raising a child with my feminist boyfriend. He cooks cause he is better than me at it, he washes the dishes, we both clean the house, i mostly wash the babies clothes. I breastfeed by day, he gives baby the bottle at night. He is a phd in philosophy and a college teacher and investigator. He works from home and so do i. Im an editor. We both take care of the baby equally and plan to raise him to be a respectful, compassionate, human being who cares for their fellow humans, who treat people right no matter their gender, race, or social class.

I thank the women that came before me for the life we have. I thank them for my opportunities, and is my duty to make the world a better place for the new generations.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:40 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,534,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Glad to hear the ladies got that out of their systems. Now they can go back home to their men and catch up on the baking and laundry.
Where did you park the Delorean? If you find it, go back to the 19th century where you came from.

Im sure your wife/daughter/niece/lady friend (no surprise here if you dont have any of this in your life) is pleased to see how much you regard their intelligence

Old 01-22-2017, 06:43 PM

88,619 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Where did you park the Delorean? If you find it, go back to the 19th century where you came from.

Im sure your wife/daughter/niece/lady friend (no surprise here if you dont have any of this in your life) is pleased to see how much you regard their intelligence
...where he will run into Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:50 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She's a strong woman. A crazy successful strong woman with a foul mouth.
Madonna got her notoriety for being a sleaze bag who happens to have a father who is a preacher. That is what the liberal power brokers in the music business love. This is the same with Katie Perry who happened to be a contemporary Christian singer who also has a father as a preacher.. they love to launch someone who has a good Christian background who starts off with a very anti-Christian career. It just makes their day and they promote them with exposure and hype to get them to the top.

We are not stupid to the reasons they pick certain people to rise to the top.

http://www.gospelherald.com/articles...-christian.htm

Old 01-22-2017, 07:32 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It saddens me to watch women march for the right to murder their own children. WTF did we go wrong?

Old 01-22-2017, 07:54 PM

88,619 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Hey, it probably took a couple of minutes to think that one up.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:23 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
My husband and I have a friend who says his greatest fault is his unshakeable belief that if he could just share one more fact, he could convince those whose opinions he finds unconscionable to see the light, but as we discussed recently, sometimes the ideological gap is just too big to bridge. I think this is the case here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies