Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 07:49 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You need to keep up; this thread is about the pussyhat march. The issues the woman who were marching care about are the issues Trump doesn't care about. No one doubts that he cares about building skyscrapers to build up his net worth and add to his gold plated world.
Excuse me?
You are the one who said Trump just wings it and doesn't put thought into anything.
I felt the need to correct you.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:56 AM

1,188 posts, read 959,737 times
Talking Accurate comment about the woman's march?

Quote:
It turned out to be a bunch of well-fed white women wearing $150 running shoes and holding $500 cell phones, with more life options than they know what to do with.

Practically speaking, there are no more rights left to give women. So when they find out that all jobs frankly kind of suck, everybody forms hierarchies, everybody has to compete, and successful men don’t enjoy their company, what then? Answer: find a lightning rod for all your inchoate rage about your sucky life and go on a stupid, pointless march.
Updated: No comment - The Unz Review

Old 01-23-2017, 07:58 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I just want to see one of those chunksters tie their own shoes

Old 01-23-2017, 08:00 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
I want to thank all of the women participating in this thread who've taken the high road in discussing the Women's March with those who seek to dismiss it. As I told my daughter this morning, detractors will be looking for us to get angry and reinforce the unjust stereotype they've already assigned to us, so we must always remember to demonstrate decency, compassion, and fairness. Go high. Always go high.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:19 AM

2,506 posts, read 3,408,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersamedi View Post
I was so angered and bewildered by this post that I had to sign up just to respond to it. Would you mind explaining why you left out black people from the sentence I bolded??? Don’t we black people ALSO have a right to equality??? Don’t we ALSO deserve “equal rights”??? Or are liberals like you unaware that black people are pretty much the only ones in America still being subjected to systematic abuse and oppression?

In case you may want to respond by saying “Trump hasn’t talked about black people”, Trump has been constantly pandering to racists using dog-whistle language by singing the praises of the white police who have been terrorizing and brutalizing black people for years. He has even been saying outrageous upside-down nonsense like “the police are the most abused people in America”, a statement designed to shamelessly pander to the main agency of white suppression and oppression of black people by spitting on the suffering of the victims and turning the privileged oppressors themselves into the “victims”. These praise-singing was extremely hurtful and infuriating to black people. Yet somehow, none of this stuff bothered white liberals and anti-Trump Republicans at all. They never said anything about it. They just continued their usual pretentious rhapsodizing about “women, Hispanics and Muslims”.

The amazing irony is that those other American groups actually have virtually nothing to complain about and already enjoy a great deal of social equality in America. Yet, they are the ones that most liberals love to yap about while saying absolutely nothing about the very group of people who are actually truly suffering racial marginalization and oppression. I have been noticing this bizarre and ironic form of group-favoritism and hypocrisy on the part of so-called “liberals” for a long time now.

I heard one of these anti-Trump white female protesters two days ago claiming they were “protesting for justice and equality”. REALLY??? So then where the hell were all these millions of protesters when black people were being subjected to a nation wide campaign of state-sanctioned murder by the racist law enforcement and judicial system over the past couple of years? And where the hell were all these feminist marchers when black women were being subjected to almost daily assaults by racist white cops over the past years? Where were these millions of protesters when these things were happening? Or did “justice and equality” not count when it comes to black people? And, to take another example, why has there not been any protests about the lead spill in Flint which was obviously an intentional attack on the black people who live there? Why is the issue being ignored? Oh that’s right: because it happened to black people, therefore even white liberals don’t want to talk about it.

To appreciate how astonishingly ironic and bizarre that bolded sentence is, let’s take a look at each one of those groups that were mentioned in the sentence (in the order they were mentioned):

- Women (in particular, white women). The truth of course, in spite of feminist rhetoric, is that white women are easily the most privileged and pampered social group in America. They enjoy even more privileges and systemic bias in their favor than white males. In fact, white women are so utterly devoid of anything serious to complain about that feminists have to completely invent and fabricate a lie out of thin air in order to perpetuate a phony victimhood narrative. They constantly peddle the myth of “unequal pay” by dishonestly saying that “a woman is paid 70 cents for every dollar a man is paid.” This is designed to give the false impression that women are being paid less for doing exactly the same work. In reality, the 70% figure is actually the amount that women as a whole make compared to men when you take into consideration the fact that they tend to do different kinds of jobs that are less risky and less technical and do not work as many hours as men do. The “70 cents per dollar” phrase so so dishonest and intentionally misleading and yet they are allowed to get away with it. The media and the entire political establishment even helps white feminists in peddling this dishonesty. That in and of itself is a testament to how privileged they are.

The only thing these feminists may have to complain about with Donald Trump is his promise to the GOP to appoint conservative judges who might overturn Roe v Wade. But Trump is not the only Republican president that has made such promises to his base while campaigning. Why didn’t they carry out these kinds of demonstrations against George Bush after he came into office? Trump has also being very outspoken in favor of protecting women’s health care and supporting the aspect of Planned Parenthood that is specifically for that purpose.

- Muslims. Another of both the left’s and the political establishment’s favorite interest groups. What exactly do American Muslims who are already in the country have to complain about? In what way are they denied “equal rights”? Unlike black people who the media establishment constantly demonizes and denigrates at every opportunity, the crimes and atrocities Muslims commit are constantly covered up and swept under the proverbial rug by both the media and political establishment. (They do the same thing with illegal Hispanic immigrants who are not even US citizens.) Furthermore, does anyone imagine for a second that if members of the black race had been habitually committing terrorists attacks in western countries, that the media and political establishment would be treating black people with the same obsequiousness, pampering and kid-gloves that they treat Arabs? Would they be bending over backwards not to “offend” black people and would they be repeatedly parroting the mantra that “the vast majority of blacks are good people” or that “the terrorists are not really black”? I would really love to know in what way exactly Muslim-Americans are being “denied of equal rights” such that they are included in that sentence while black people are not.

- Mexicans. Much of what I said about Muslims applies to Mexicans as well. In addition, what exactly did Trump say against Mexican-Americans? In what way are Mexican –Americans being “denied of equal rights”? Just because he speaks against illegal immigration does not mean he is speaking against Mexicans specifically. He has repeated many times that illegal immigrants come from many different countries. What has the enforcement of immigration law got to do with being anti-Mexican especially when Trump has repeatedly said nice things about Mexicans and said they are generally good people? And with regards to illegal immigration, where was all this outrage when Haitian immigrants were being viciously thrown off the coasts back into their boats several years ago, and when coastal guards were viciously stabbing a five year old Haitian girl with cattle prods? I mean, where was all this pro-immigration outrage then? This hypocrisy is just amazing.

- LGBTQ. This one is the most astounding of all. The fact that you included this in your sentence is absolute proof that you don’t even really know what you are saying. All you are doing is just parroting talking points and clichés. What in heaven’s name did Donald Trump say against LGBTQ people??? Did you not see the GOP convention where Trump actually CHAMPIONED the rights of gay people and urged Republicans to change their attitudes??? Did you not see his post-election interview with 60-minutes where he said that gay marriage should remain legal??? I mean, what the hell are you talking about??? And, once again, it raises the interesting question of why you included LGBTQ people in that sentence and left out black people. It seems as if most of you liberals are simply using Trump as a lightning rod for all the kinds of issues you guys love to pretentiously play victimhood games about while ignoring the one group of people that are actually being truly victimized in America.

I’m also very curious as to why you liberals did not engage in these very type of gigantic protests against George Bush in 2001 after he was sworn in. Why was there no massive “women’s demonstration” against Bush? After all, he campaigned as the pro-life candidate, didn’t he? And why was there no massive gay-rights demonstration against him after the elections in 2004? After all, he had used gay marriage as a wedge issue to get himself re-elected. And why were the relatively small “not my president” protests against Bush in early 2001 hidden by the news media establishment and not covered by them? Why was Bush protected and even supported by the very same news media establishment that is now assiduously attacking Trump?

I see massive inconsistency and hypocrisy going on here. It seems to me that these campaigns against Donald Trump by the left and the media establishment are being engineered by some powerful people behind the scenes for no reason other than the fact that they see Trump as a threat to their interests because he is anti-establishment as well as anti-outsourcing. These leftist protesters and feminist groups are merely pawns being pushed by these powerful people behind the scenes. The behavior of these women protesters makes absolutely no sense. Donald Trump has being much more openly pro-women’s rights on health care (apart from abortion) and openly pro-gay rights than George Bush ever was. Yet they are carrying out these huge demonstrations against him while they didn’t against Bush. I can’t believe that more people aren’t seeing that these protesters are just puppets of the Wall-street and Washington establishment who see Trump as a threat to them.

Personally, I don’t like either Trump or Clinton. But while Trump has been pandering to racists and majority groups with his words, both Hillary Clinton and her husband have for many years been pandering to racists and majority groups with their ACTIONS and POLICIES in government while pretentiously paying lip service to “progressive” ideals.
Best first post EVER. Worth reading and re-reading by anyone wanting to see genuine progress and less division in the United States. Thank you!

Old 01-23-2017, 08:24 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Excuse me?
You are the one who said Trump just wings it and doesn't put thought into anything.
I felt the need to correct you.
You are putting words in my mouth I didn't say. I didn't say "he just wings it" I said:

Quote:
I don't think he cares about a lot of issues one way or the other but through his ignorance he is going to allow others like Paul Ryan to drive the bus off the cliff, so to speak. Mr. Trump does not study any issues in depth and just goes along with whatever he thinks will make him popular with those who voted for him. He will never even attempt to be the president of ALL the people or find a balancing point that will give something to both sides of any given issue. He lies to himself about his own popularity and that was one of the driving forces that made this march mushroom out so quickly.
He's not a business man anymore just out for himself, he's the president of all the people and THAT takes a different mind-set.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:40 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times
I saw signs that read "This pxxxy grabs back!". Don't they realize that that phrase is giving CONSENT???

Old 01-23-2017, 08:41 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I saw signs that read "This pxxxy grabs back!". Don't they realize that that phrase is giving CONSENT???
not consent more like self defense.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:57 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Though many of Mr. Trump's supporters didn't understand the march, and outright scorn it
I've read hundreds of posts on C-D about the women's march in the past few days and I think that most Trump supporters absolutely understand the march, but they want to undermine the significance of it or marginalize the participants. Their arguments almost all contain one or more of the following:
  • Demonstrating will make moderate Democrats flee the party because of your "churlish" behavior.
  • You need to wait until legislation is signed before you have a right to complain
  • Shame on you for protesting Trump when you could be out helping the homeless
  • Hillary lost the election
  • Madonna is awful
  • You want to kill babies
  • Women are protesting to get out of doing housework
  • Hitler
  • Paula Jones

Old 01-23-2017, 09:01 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
I marched in NYC, with hundreds of thousands of others. Oddly, I didn't once worry that some random internet commenters might call me fat or a baby killer or a sore loser!

It was a great day. Protest is patriotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies