Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 05:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times

Advertisements

It seems like the Trump turdflakes are all upset because some Americans want to practice their rights. Don't worry guys - it will all be OK and you won't fall apart just because other Americans pursue their rights.

I would pet you but you smell a bit.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:04 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He ran as a Republican.

They could care less about locker room talk. That's just a convenient excuse.

A lot of women have been brainwashed to hate anything GOP, and they lead thousands of idiots who don't know any better.
So much is being inverted. It's truly creepy.
A woman who thinks that it is acceptable for a man to sexually assault a woman (like by grabbing her crotch and being proud of it), or doesn't believe that she deserves equal pay for equal work is a woman who has drunk the cool-aid. It's something like stockholm syndrome.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:06 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
The numbers of the people demonstrating was amazing. Hardly any room to walk. Makes Trumps inauguration look like a child's birthday party...Looks like the people made their point.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:07 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ladies, I support your right to protest, but think you are protesting the wrong thing. Protesting against an issue you disagree with makes sense. Protesting against the voters' choice for President does not. Trump won. Period.

Like 43% of other women voters in this country, my vote was cast for Trump.

Women voters aren't a monolithic voting block. We don't line up and vote based on "gender identity". You don't speak for me.

Keep it peaceful today and don't embarrass the rest of us too much with the silly hats and dumb signs, Ok?
You are joking right? Totally an absolutely condescending comment?
I am extremely PROUD and HAPPY this protest is happening and now is the time!
If this level of disrespect come from the top what does what say about American values?
Who needs your advise on how women should need to conduct themselves in a protest?
Totally ridiculous?
It is women like this that totally make my stomach turn because they are just too foolish to get why women need to speak up now.
If women like you are okay with settling for being treated as a 2nd class that is your business... PLEASE DONT embarrass the rest of us with your pathetic need to sit back and be treated like a 2nd class citizen.
I am not sure if you get how totally disrespectful and condescending your comments are.
These kind of careless seemingly innocent comments speak volumes about how certain people just don't REALLY seem to understand that women like me are not putting up with this 2nd class BS treatment. We are not interested in turning a blind eye and accepting this nonsense any more.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-21-2017 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: off topic and copyright violation

Old 01-21-2017, 05:09 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I was in Chicago for the march today. They were expecting 50,000. They got 250,000. A quarter of a million women, men and children of all ages and colors. It was a literal sea of people. All across the world turnout exceeded expectations by huge margins. It was peaceful and unifying and the energy of the crowd was amazing.

Sorry, Mr. Trump, but the pictures do not lie. More people turned out in Washington alone today than were there for you yesterday. And when you add up the numbers across the country, it dwarfs the pitiful turnout to see you inaugurated. We're here and we're not going away. Deal with it.
I find the turnout yesterday very depressing, because it was just as much a farewell to the Obamas as a welcome to the Trumps. Yesterday was not a time for protests, and I was disheartened to see them. Today, however, it's time to get to work and organize. Midterms will be here before we know it.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:11 PM

27,158 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
I hope they clean up after themselves

Probably just leave a mess as all Dem protesters seem to.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:13 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,333,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
1. The GOP does not have a Filibuster-proof majority in either houses of congress. There are enough Democrats to frustrate their Republican colleagues.

2. The majority of Big Cities in the US are still in control of Democrat mayors and city councils... A mayor of a big city like New York controls more money, has more power, and exerts more international political influence that the governors and state legislators in 6 smaller Republican controlled states combined (you know, like Idaho, Wyoming, Mississippi and the like.)

3. The Supreme Court has a 4 to 4 split between Democrat and Republican nominees. Even when SCOTUS had a one seat Republican advantage they often sided with the liberals. Two recent examples: they upheld Obamacare (Roberts sided with the liberals), and they upheld the legality of same-sex marriage (Kennedy sided with the liberals).

4. The rest of the justice department leans more towards the Democratic perspective. Obama alone appointed about 35% of the federal judges and circuit court judges.

5. Elections are held every two years, remember the political pendulum swings back and forth.
The democrats are in serious trouble of losing even worse in 2018 , and republicans gaining a filibuster proof majority in 2018.

Reeling Democrats confront brutal 2018 Senate map - POLITICO

Cities dont influence much even in american politics, there was constant barrage of propaganda against trump from the manhattan/hollywood media and it didnt matter, it probably helped trump tremendously .

Blue cities in europe didnt influence much either. London overwhelmingly voted against brexit, the rest of england told them to shove it. Paris overwhelmingly rejects Marine le pen and national front , and the rest of France may very well tell them to go to hell

Most of America could care less about how the cities of Washington DC, NYC, and LA and Americas other blue cities vote and their very weakened influence, blue city marchers really arent going to change anything but probably make it worse for democrats nation wide.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:14 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Default Men wearing Pussyhats at protests

As we all know the pink pussyhat is the new anti Trump symbol to fight Trump on women's rights.

I saw a Facebook picture of one of my friends with his wife at a protest and he was wearing one of these pink hats .
To the women out there would you make your men wear a pink pussyhat?

To the men would you wear a pink ***** hat ?

Old 01-21-2017, 05:15 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He ran as a Republican.

They could care less about locker room talk. That's just a convenient excuse.

A lot of women have been brainwashed to hate anything GOP, and they lead thousands of idiots who don't know any better.
Locker room talk?
Being a sexist disgusting pig is not okay in any context.
So tired of people trying to sugar coat this and laugh this stuff off.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:16 PM

27,158 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
And still he lost the vote by millions.

That speaks volumes.

You still do not know that we vote by State.

Hillary won a few States and Only the popular vote in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies