Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 10:36 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,687,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Marching for "choice" is marching for murder. Woman already have equal pay a there are already laws requiring equal pay. Families choose to stay together, not government. Health care costs are a market problem and Obamacare made it worse. I hope they stay peaceful.

I see you are not very educated on the issues.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:37 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,118,227 times
Dang. The condescension in this thread by some is amazing. "Have fun with your parade, little women, just don't embarrass us men folk." I am not marching, but geez. This is part of the reason this parade is even happening.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:38 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,687,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Dang. The condescension in this thread by some is amazing. "Have fun with your parade, little women, just don't embarrass us men folk." I am not marching, but geez. This is part of the reason this parade is even happening.

I see you are contributing to it.

27,682 posts, read 16,171,854 times
The larger pro life gathering doesn't get this attention from msm. Hmm

22,974 posts, read 27,040,028 times
If women REALLY wanted to protest all they've got to do is keep their knees together for a while.

I do wonder how this protest deals with "butch" gay women or she-he trannies? Are they also the enemy or exactly where do they fit in?
I know they're not as tolerant as to accept ALL women in their march, so how exactly do they hold ANY moral high ground when they are just as bigoted/divisive/exclusionary as they are accusing Trump (and men in general) of being?

It must be the typical Liberal mindset of "you are welcome here as long as you believe EXACTLY how we tell you to"...

Old 01-21-2017, 10:39 AM

15,651 posts, read 10,413,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think they are protesting so much against the election at this point--as you said, it's a done deal. He is President.

I think they are sending a message that his views of women are not going to be tolerated, or at least the way he speaks of them. You can't change someone's views, but you can try to get them to change his behavior. If he's smart, he will try to tone it down. The p-grabber statement was not some one-off thing. Those of us in the NY business world have heard stories like that about Donald Trump for years--that's just who he is and how he talks about women.

It was no shock when the p-grabber tape leaked. THAT IS DONALD TRUMP.

Now, it didn't bother me much personally because maybe because I was once married to a longshoreman and I worked in the construction industry most of my life. I don't blush or shock easily.

But there are lots of women who have suffered sexual abuse--almost every woman I know has experienced some unwanted violation of their sexuality at some point, in varying degrees, and they're reaction is just as valid as my non-reaction.

Donald Trump's a pig when it comes to how he speaks about women. That's not an opinion. It's simply part of who the man is who just became our President. The people elected him despite the fact that he's a pig because other issues overshadowed that for them. But for many women, the piggy part is a big deal, and they are letting the President know how they feel about it. This is America. They're allowed to have their say.

I agree with you completely that Donald is a "pig". No doubt about it. I wouldn't want to be married to him or work for him. His personal proclivities were irrelevant in my priorities for choosing him for my vote. I'm not a one issue voter. I disagree with you that this women's march is a protest about any issue other than these women are mad at the voters who elected him and he won.

9,727 posts, read 9,739,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Oh, good grief, Bill Clinton was more likely watching Donald Trump - his disapproving expression makes this far more likely. You cannot tell what he was watching from this video - Melania appears no where in it. The relevant part of the video is around twenty seconds long, and has no context whatsoever.

Good way to dredge up issues that are long dispensed with by using smear tactics and dubious accusations. Keep it classy, folks.

Tell me, has anyone heard of any validated accounts of Clinton straying since the Lewinski affair? It's said on good authority that he received intensive therapy and fully examined his dysfunctional childhood and resulting attitudes and behavior towards women, and having gained insight, realized his marriage was one of the most valuable things in his life, and changed his previous reprehensible womanizing ways.

As for the hats and their wearers, aren't they protesting Trump's misogyny and stereotyping of women as helpless sex objects for his selfish enjoyment, rather than protesting his election (questionable though it is...)?

I thought the hats were rather clever, actually...
Bill has a girlfriend NOW!!!! She is referred to as the "Energizer Bunny". Bill and Hillary have not slept under the same roof or bedroom for YEARS. Hillary likes women and Bill likes women. She was forced into having Chelsea for politics to help Bill get elected.

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
..and just like then you will be ignored. Protests accomplish nothing. You had your chance to speak on November 7.
Really? Protests have toppled despots. The Tea Party protests got us to where we are today. Unlike the tea partiers, though, these protesters today have jobs to go tomorrow. They have enough on their plates already. So who knows where this goes?

28,226 posts, read 36,910,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Just wondering where all these women were when Bill Clinton, the serial sexual predator with all of the "bimbo eruptions" throughout his public life and who lied about his sexual exploits under oath was inaugurated.

Hmm...double standard, maybe?
Having affairs with adult women doesn't make you a bad human, but it does make you a crappy husband - if that isn't part of the arrangement.

Seducing much younger women with your power is sleazy and trump and clinton are equal in this regard.

Clinton is no different than the myriad of athletes, musicians, and other celebrities taking advantage of the cornocopia of people making themselves available.

Trump crossed the line because he clearly sees no value in women beyond their use to him.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:40 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,608,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The voters did not choose the outcome.

Had the outcome been Trump won the popular and lost the Electorial, there would have been massive protests.

No shortage of arm chair anarchists were looking forward to an armed rebellion if Hillary was allowed to win. A few of them post to this forum.
The fact is that the states really pick the president, not the people. This makes sense considering the way the country was set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies