Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 10:40 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
..and just like then you will be ignored. Protests accomplish nothing. You had your chance to speak on November 7.
Actually, protests do accomplish things.

No one cares if you ignore them however, and I wouldn't dream of telling you that you can't ignore them.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:41 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Dang. The condescension in this thread by some is amazing. "Have fun with your parade, little women, just don't embarrass us men folk." I am not marching, but geez. This is part of the reason this parade is even happening.

The "Million Man March" lowered the crime rate for a few hours. The "Million Woman March" will lower the sales figures at the mall for the day. Nothing else.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No, he's just much smarter than you.
Only because he doesn't know to separate the whites from the coloreds before hitting start and wants to stay near someone who does...

Old 01-21-2017, 10:43 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I hope they don't run out of Play Doh and safety pins.
What, you mean like you've run out of fresh material?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:43 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ladies, I support your right to protest, but think you are protesting the wrong thing. Protesting against an issue you disagree with makes sense. Protesting against the voters' choice for President does not. Trump won. Period.

Like 43% of other women voters in this country, my vote was cast for Trump.

Women voters aren't a monolithic voting block. We don't line up and vote based on "gender identity". You don't speak for me.

Keep it peaceful today and don't embarrass the rest of us too much with the silly hats and dumb signs, Ok?
The "Voters' choice" was for Clinton by nearly 3 million votes.
Respect THAT.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:46 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Only because he doesn't know to separate the whites from the coloreds before hitting start and wants to stay near someone who does...
Mine does his own laundry, but still wouldn't be caught dead going to a women's march in a pink hat.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:48 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Actually, protests do accomplish things.

No one cares if you ignore them however, and I wouldn't dream of telling you that you can't ignore them.
Protests accomplish things when they have a clear and positive message that resonates with a majority of the people. What I'm seeing at this demonstration is a mix of competing themes and the only one that stands out at all is "Resist Trump," which is not a clear message. In addition, making yourself obnoxious by destroying property only draws attention from the cause to the behavior of the protesters. All that is why the '70s Anti-War Movement was successful, but the Occupy Movement, tho well-intentioned in theory, never really got anywhere or accomplished anything.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:50 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Bill has a girlfriend NOW!!!! She is referred to as the "Energizer Bunny". Bill and Hillary have not slept under the same roof or bedroom for YEARS. Hillary likes women and Bill likes women. She was forced into having Chelsea for politics to help Bill get elected.
Somehow I doubt you're the sort of person who would actually have access to this information if it were true. The Internet is fun, iin't it?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:51 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They showed some of those pussyhat protestors on local TV here today in Charlotte.

Looks like they had about 40 or so in this metro of 2.2M people.

There will be 100s of times that number at the RV show down the street from there.
Well, well, well... A quick check of the Charlotte Observer tells us that Charlotte police have estimated the crowd at 10,000 people.

Ten thousand marchers. Three to five thousand were expected. TEN THOUSAND put on their pink hats and their walking shoes to stand up for their beliefs. Awesome.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:53 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ladies, I support your right to protest, but think you are protesting the wrong thing. Protesting against an issue you disagree with makes sense. Protesting against the voters' choice for President does not. Trump won. Period.

Like 43% of other women voters in this country, my vote was cast for Trump.

Women voters aren't a monolithic voting block. We don't line up and vote based on "gender identity". You don't speak for me.

Keep it peaceful today and don't embarrass the rest of us too much with the silly hats and dumb signs, Ok?
No they don't. And they weren't speaking for you; they were speaking for themselves. They can peacefully protest about whatever they want. Everyone has their own views about what issues matter to them. So why are you so upset about what strangers were doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies