Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 02:21 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I think a lot of this is bandwagon jumping and thousands of these people have absolutely no idea what they're protesting. They just are, because it makes for some cool social media pics. I have seen so much misinformation and blatantly false things said in speeches from today, just checking out various media sources. It's disgusting. This helps nothing, honestly, when misinformation is being spread.
This. As a woman myself I don't know exactly what they hope to achieve today. There is so much out there that contradicts what the "march" is really about. I literally just sat here and told my husband that I am glad we have no plans to go anywhere because there are a few marches going on within 30 min-2 hours of us. Maybe if there was one solid reason I could understand it.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:22 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinGracie View Post
We march for women's rights, civil rights, human rights, rights for LGBTQ citizens, workers' rights, climate change, the disabled, to denounce sexism, violence against women, racism and to remind this new administration that they work for US!

did these women marched during the 8 years of Bill Clinton and 8 years of Obama?

I find funny the most of these women voted for Hillary Clinton and are protesting person that beat her on his inauguration weekend.......I smell b.s. politics here and an agenda.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:22 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ladies, I support your right to protest, but think you are protesting the wrong thing. Protesting against an issue you disagree with makes sense. Protesting against the voters' choice for President does not. Trump won. Period.

Like 43% of other women voters in this country, my vote was cast for Trump.

Women voters aren't a monolithic voting block. We don't line up and vote based on "gender identity". You don't speak for me.

Keep it peaceful today and don't embarrass the rest of us too much with the silly hats and dumb signs, Ok?
lol, naw, mate we are asking you to not embarrass yourself. The MAJORITY of American women don't like trump. Sadly many sat at home and even voted for him because they did not bother to learn anything other the the trash they saw on fox.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:24 PM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. As a mother of sons and daughters I fear more for my son's future.

Education now is all about girls. "Girl power" t-shirts and clothing are everywhere. You can have special STEM classes for girls but not for boys. Many colleges are now 2/3 women. In my husband's field (engineering) if you are a woman with decent credentials you are set for life as you will be the first to be promoted and the last to be laid off. Just going through middle and high school for my kids has shown me the astounding difference with how girls and boys are treated now. The pendulum has swung totally the other way.

I am not sure what they are protesting because I truly believe that in most fields there is no pay difference due to gender. Sure that happened in years past but I have never heard of that now. And as far as sexuality seems to me women have taken charge of dominating that conversation too. I think there are a lot of angry women but not sure what they are angry about.
I wouldn't be so quick to believe everything your husband tells you. Although I'm not an engineer myself, I spent my career in the engineering/construction world, and that is simply not the truth.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:25 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,059,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinGracie View Post
We march for women's rights, civil rights, human rights, rights for LGBTQ citizens, workers' rights, climate change, the disabled, to denounce sexism, violence against women, racism and to remind this new administration that they work for US!
By that last sentence, you validate you did not listen to President Donald Trump's Inauguration speech, or you twisted his words to suit yourself.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lol, naw, mate we are asking you to not embarrass yourself. The MAJORITY of American women don't like trump. Sadly many sat at home and even voted for him because they did not bother to learn anything other the the trash they saw on fox.
I hate to tell you, but "logic" like that is part of why Trump won. This feeling that Hillary was some saint who was so much better than Trump, and that if you didn't blindly follow that narrative you were an uneducated idiot. It was a big part of him winning. Continuing to repeat it does not help your cause. Many people that voted for him found him to be the lesser of two MAJOR evils, I didn't vote for either of them because of that very reason.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:28 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
I read many American men look to other countries for a woman they want to spend their lives with. I wonder why this is?

What exactly do American women want, besides everything?

Just askin'

Old 01-21-2017, 02:30 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, no, they are reacting to him and his misogynic ways. You are right, it's not going to change who is President, and at 70, I doubt he's going to stop being a pig at heart, .

did Bill Clinton stopped being a pig at heart?.....funny, I never saw these liberal women making any kind of protests when he stuck a cigar inside a subordinate in the White House and then lied about it under oath in court and used the powers of the President to trash the woman..........actually they went to his defense including these liberal actresses in Hollywood.

I don't see liberal women protesting the legacy of JFK and he was screwing everything that moved.

I see hypocrisy here and politics as usual.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:30 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's a very very small subset of women.
Oh yeah? Look at the rallies and marches all over the nation (and the world) today. It's not a "small subset of women". Not at all. And there are millions of sane men who recognize that trump is dangerous, greedy, predatory, misogynistic "man" who is probably the most dangerous person to ever hold this office.
Sane women and men will continue to protest this presidency.

And the republicans in congress who do not stand up to him are putting their own desire for power above the interests of the people.

Trumps words are empty. I believe that you will see this is time and that more and more people who were duped by trump and voted for him will (unless they are so stubborn and prideful ... remember "pride goeth before the fall") come to realize what has happened and who this guy truly is. He's going to disappoint you and hopefully, when that happens, you'll have guts to join all the millions of other people who already realize how destructive and dangerous he is.

So anyway, do explain to me (if you dare and if you're women) why is it o.k. to you that a man who is now the president of the U.S. (any man for that matter) thinks it's o.k. to grab women's crotches and who has done so (and has probably done much worse than that). How do you justify that?

Old 01-21-2017, 02:32 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Oh yeah? Look at the rallies and marches all over the nation (and the world) today. It's not a "small subset of women". Not at all. And there are millions of sane men who recognize that trump is dangerous, greedy, predatory, misogynistic "man" who is probably the most dangerous person to ever hold this office.
Sane women and men will continue to protest this presidency.

And the republicans in congress who do not stand up to him are putting their own desire for power above the interests of the people.

Trumps words are empty. I believe that you will see this is time and that more and more people who were duped by trump and voted for him will (unless they are so stubborn and prideful ... remember "pride goeth before the fall") come to realize what has happened and who this guy truly is. He's going to disappoint you and hopefully, when that happens, you'll have guts to join all the millions of other people who already realize how destructive and dangerous he is.

So anyway, do explain to me (if you dare and if you're women) why is it o.k. to you that a man who is now the president of the U.S. (any man for that matter) thinks it's o.k. to grab women's crotches and who has done so (and has probably done much worse than that). How do you justify that?

I think you are living out some fantasy of being in some dystopian novel or something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies