Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 10:08 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times

Advertisements

Noticeable lack of the regular hard core republicans in this thread, save for the regulars who are completely brainwashed, and should in all reality join Trump's spin team.

Pretty......freakin......telling.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:13 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It's already being made clear in this thread, and others, that the Trump loyalists will not believe irrefutable proof when it is presented to them.
which makes sense that trump began his political base with the birthers.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:35 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
All he had to say was, "Yes, the turnout was smaller than I would have hoped, and I am deeply appreciative for every person who came out to witness this very special day. It appears I have a lot to do to earn America's approval, and I'm excited to get down to work." That would have been a dignified way to handle it, and he could even have tweeted it. But, no, he had to send out his attack dogs to deny what every person in America could clearly see was true.
Yes, that would be a start and some would have soften against him. I really wish he would have said something like that to bring this country together because we need healing. But a narcissist always puts himself first and only caters to the people who love him and give him accolades.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:34 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Photoshop, 2016.
Hahahahaha!

Old 01-23-2017, 04:39 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Right, and we watched it live on TV. Live, in real time. I saw the lack of crowd. Anyone else who watched it live saw it too. Including Trumpies. So they are just flat out denying reality. If this is a precursor to future denials, and I believe they just set the precedent for pathological untruthiness in office - then we are all in big trouble.

Ditto, Finster!

I also watched it live, so I know the crowds had huge gaps. Also, I kid you not, I watched the parade and thought, "What?? Why are they walking down empty streets?" It was embarrassingly empty... It looked like a parade rehearsal or something.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:51 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
KellyAnne used the wrong words to say what she meant unfortunately - and can/should be called out for that (and the fact that she was obviously ill-advised to go on that kind of a program at all - they need to stop doing that because even if everything they say on there is 100% true and supported by overwhelming evidence, they will be said to be lying by apparently half the country).

What I think she meant to convey was more along the lines of our information is quite different so we dispute these claims/allegations. That is IF she discussed it at all - which frankly I don't think she should have .. they pulled a Sarah Palin-like ambush on her and smart as she is, she didn't see it coming in time so she could react the proper way (which was probably to just walk the heck out of there).

This is such a stupid topic anyway. Who the heck cares how many people were there? It was a big set up - and yes, the media is VERY culpable in that - but I am sad to say that Trump and his team are still falling for it. They need to do better in that regard. But, have at it, kiddies ... I say if you 'feel' better when you poke sticks and self-defeat by worrying tiny details that are really of no significance in the long run, whether you are right or not about something that just does not matter one hoot, then Trump is doing you a favour by giving you yet another platform to strut your stuff on. Nice of him I would say. He DOES care about you. How can you possibly deny that?
OMG... so, now we are supposed to not only be reading trump's mind on what he "meant" by what he said.. now, we have to also have to read conway's mind, too?

Who created the "stupid topic"? Only the king of stuoopid topics, trump himself.

Yes, yes, yes, we can definitely deny that trump cares about anyone... simply that trump has sent out his minions to "prove" that his alternative facts are the ones we should believe. But, you go ahead and deny it alllll you want.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:52 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Ditto, Finster!

I also watched it live, so I know the crowds had huge gaps. Also, I kid you not, I watched the parade and thought, "What?? Why are they walking down empty streets?" It was embarrassingly empty... It looked like a parade rehearsal or something.
And some of these were protestors chanting "climate change is real," and so forth.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:58 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
OMG... so, now we are supposed to not only be reading trump's mind on what he "meant" by what he said.. now, we have to also have to read conway's mind, too?
Yes, indeed.

Wonder who they will send around to explain what Kellyanne really means when she explains what Trump really means?

Old 01-23-2017, 04:59 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This reminds of the topic based on NBC punditry which made people think Hillary was going to win the election.

How did that work for you?
Oh, dear... he's the prez now, think of the future, not the past.

The future is now, and I feel for Chris Wallace, the darling of the debate moderators, when he said "put up the picture again"... because the hard core trumpissts will be swarming out of the woodwork to tell us how washed-up, loser, failure, and what a liar Wallace is, in 3...2...1... THAT is how trumpissts spin "alternative facts" for ya!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/55d2214...e-picture.html

Old 01-23-2017, 05:10 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There is no waking up from stupidity and lack of common sense. It's incurable but thankfully not contagious.

The NYT estimate of Trump inauguration attendance being 192,000, if that estimate is a fact, that "fact" definitely opens the door to "alternate facts" because DC metro ridership on 1-20-17 was 61% of that on 1-21-2013 when no less than one million people showed up for Obama's second inauguration.

If my math is correct, something like 610,000 people attended Trump's inauguration, and I believe we can agree that 192,000 and 610,000 are very different numbers.

Additionally, the photos used by the NYT showing large unpopulated areas are very different from those taken during the inauguration speech that show those same areas filled with attendees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies