Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 01:18 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
+1 In the deluded, reality-denying, science-denying posts from some of the Trump supporters I see evidence of Stockholm syndrome. Trumpism has attained cult status. Trump is a classic Fascist, using charisma and nationalism to swoon his followers, all the while enriching himself and his cronies at our expense. This will become obvious in the next few years.
All this ^^^ and then Trump's followers will try to justify and excuse everything Trump says and does until things go to hell in a hand basket. Just remember the GWB followers and how they justified everything he did including the Iraq war. Later, they no longer wanted to discuss GWB, saying that he is no longer president.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:19 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,377,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post

What specifically about Benghazi has enraged you? The loss of four Americans is undeniably tragic, but it has become a political talking point more than anything. The U.S. lost 3,000+ lives on 9/11 under Bush's watch, but the hyper-partisan right seems to have forgotten that.

Why do you support Trump? I'm genuinely curious.
LOL. yea you gotta come up with something.

here are the Bengazi facts. It was attacked by terrorists. The US government knew immediately what had happened. more than a week after, Obama sent his national security advisor out to the sunday talk shows to put the blame on a "protest gone bad" over a video disparaging Muhammad.

He did that because he was running for re-election and he didn't want a terror attack to cast a shadow on his campaign. He LIED to get elected.

YOU still don't care.

that has nothing to do with 9/11 where no one lied.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:22 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
that has nothing to do with 9/11 where no one lied.
Hmm yea just look at all those WMD's we found in Iraq... oh wait.

So what is worse? Lying to start a war or lying to get elected?

Old 01-23-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
"providing a set of facts that are different from the set the media used"

I don't see that definition listed with Merriam-Webster anywhere.

Since a "fact" is a piece of information presented as having objective reality, can you explain how there can be "alternative facts"?
again, you are trying to use some notion that 'truthfulness" matters.

it doesn't.

truth has never mattered to those of you on the left. Those of us on the right have just decided to use the standard you people play by. get over it. you aren't owed the truth because you don't deserve the truth.
start caring when the media lies and when your own side lies... then maybe we can talk.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:27 PM

33,530 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
And I love how conservatives are telling people to "get over it, it's not a big deal. Nobody cares about how big the crowd was." Yet Trump chose to address the issue in front of the CIA's memorial wall, and then had his press secretary go out and make an announcement about it

But "it's not a big deal." LMAO!
Blame the whole ridiculous controversy on the orange clown, he is the one that can't let it slide.....For Trump it IS a big deal...Gotta feed that yuge ego ya know....

Old 01-23-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Hmm yea just look at all those WMD's we found in Iraq... oh wait.

So what is worse? Lying to start a war or lying to get elected?
sorry my PokeGo friend, not gonna get into that with you.

bottom line, we have a people on the left making some grewat deal out of what they call "lies" when in fact, lies only matter when the OTHER side is lying. when their side (your side?) lies it just doesn't matter.

well, here is the thing, no progressive voters have gotten the hint. we are playing the game by the same set of rules the left plays by. buckle up. this might get painful

Old 01-23-2017, 01:41 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,049 times
Quote:
sorry my PokeGo friend, not gonna get into that with you.
MMM HMM wonder why.

Quote:
bottom line, we have a people on the left making some grewat deal out of what they call "lies" when in fact, lies only matter when the OTHER side is lying. when their side (your side?) lies it just doesn't matter.

well, here is the thing, no progressive voters have gotten the hint. we are playing the game by the same set of rules the left plays by. buckle up. this might get painful
I am not on either "side". Both sides are full of sh** as should be obvious to any person of middling or above intellect by the flaming piles of garbage they presented as presidential candidates. This time, your dumb a$$ hypocritical side beat the other dumb a$$ hypocritical side, so now you get the lions share of scrutiny.

You appear to think that someone else you disagree with being a hypocritical jackass makes it justified for you to also be a hypocritical jackass. You also appear to operate on troll logic "If that group I don't like doesn't like something it MUST be good!". Well those are bottom of the internet trash barrel modes of thinking, and if you think injecting more of it into the political discourse than there already is a good idea is then you are dumber than I gave you credit for. Well maybe not dumb - you could also just be maliciously devoted to partisanship past the point where you care about what is true and what isn't.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:44 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The topic isn't about Waldokitty either, but then again, I've never seen you actually address any topic that you post in.

Kellyanney Conway's campaign sure put down the Hillary Clinton campaign machine. In fact it made a mockery of Robby Mook's $1.3B campaign.

This speaks to what the woman knows. And that does speak for itself.
Yeah, the woman knows something alright... she knows how to lie and lie and lie.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:45 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Quote:
again, you are trying to use some notion that 'truthfulness" matters.

it doesn't.

truth has never mattered to those of you on the left. Those of us on the right have just decided to use the standard you people play by. get over it. you aren't owed the truth because you don't deserve the truth.
start caring when the media lies and when your own side lies... then maybe we can talk.
First of all, I'm not a liberal. I won't hold my breath that you'll actually provide an intelligent answer, since you can't use your "Yeah, but liberals" card, now.

Secondly, thanks for re-affirming what many think about some (or more) Trump supporters.

You should apply for a cabinet position with Trump. You're good at not providing a straight answer to a simple question and instead babbling on, half-incoherently.

The bold part: I hope everyone picked up on this poster effectively admitting to not telling the truth...and being okay with that.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:46 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I keep thinking about the statement Hillary Clinton made several times during her campaign: "You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts." Apparently, the Trump administration believes otherwise.
From your mouth to God's ear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies