Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:20 AM

2,688 posts, read 4,234,591 times

Advertisements

Alternative facts? Oh dear, is it 1984 already?

"The party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

George Orwell, "1984"

Old 01-22-2017, 09:21 AM

51,729 posts, read 26,022,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
This is not something to laugh about; this is very serious. It took three questions before she finally admitted the Press Secretary told a lie, but to present it as "an alternative fact" is beyond frightening. Let's hope the majority of this country sees this for what it is and calls BS. If we don't, worse lies and coverups will come - because they know they can get away with it. I felt my blood pressure rise 50 points when I was trying to watch that interview. The biggest takeaway? How she threatened to change the administration's "relationship" with the press! This administration isn't even three days old, and she is already saying this. Think about that.
Change the relationship? To what?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:23 AM

10,144 posts, read 6,532,122 times
If Kellyanne Conway "spun" anymore than she already does, she'd be a weathervane.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:25 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,313,187 times
There is no way in hell anyone can be fine with the term she used. Not even the GOP.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:26 AM

51,729 posts, read 26,022,108 times
Though "alternative facts" is a close second, my favorite Kellyanne is still her insistence that Trump can't be expected to tell the truth because he doesn't know what the truth is.

That's one for the history books.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:26 AM

8,503 posts, read 4,609,687 times
ALTERNATITVE FACTS? What a sad collection of people running the country. There is no new low they will not stoop to. They are bold faced LIARS.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:27 AM

2,688 posts, read 4,234,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
If Kellyanne Conway "spun" anymore than she already does, she'd be a weathervane.
Or a whirling dervish!

Old 01-22-2017, 09:30 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,991,067 times
KellyAnne used the wrong words to say what she meant unfortunately - and can/should be called out for that (and the fact that she was obviously ill-advised to go on that kind of a program at all - they need to stop doing that because even if everything they say on there is 100% true and supported by overwhelming evidence, they will be said to be lying by apparently half the country).

What I think she meant to convey was more along the lines of our information is quite different so we dispute these claims/allegations. That is IF she discussed it at all - which frankly I don't think she should have .. they pulled a Sarah Palin-like ambush on her and smart as she is, she didn't see it coming in time so she could react the proper way (which was probably to just walk the heck out of there).

This is such a stupid topic anyway. Who the heck cares how many people were there? It was a big set up - and yes, the media is VERY culpable in that - but I am sad to say that Trump and his team are still falling for it. They need to do better in that regard. But, have at it, kiddies ... I say if you 'feel' better when you poke sticks and self-defeat by worrying tiny details that are really of no significance in the long run, whether you are right or not about something that just does not matter one hoot, then Trump is doing you a favour by giving you yet another platform to strut your stuff on. Nice of him I would say. He DOES care about you. How can you possibly deny that?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:37 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,600,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
This is not something to laugh about; this is very serious. It took three questions before she finally admitted the Press Secretary told a lie, but to present it as "an alternative fact" is beyond frightening. Let's hope the majority of this country sees this for what it is and calls BS. If we don't, worse lies and coverups will come - because they know they can get away with it. I felt my blood pressure rise 50 points when I was trying to watch that interview. The biggest takeaway? How she threatened to change the administration's "relationship" with the press! This administration isn't even three days old, and she is already saying this. Think about that.
Worse lies and coverups will come, that is assured. And we know that Trumpers will ignore every single one of them. They ignored Russian interference in our elections and did not even care. They believe in an authoritarian system where the government tells you what to believe and how to live, and that is the truly scary part.

At this point educating the populace should be our first priority. Many Americans are exceedingly dumb and will believe everything they hear from Trump and his spokespersons.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:39 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,600,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
This is such a stupid topic anyway. Who the heck cares how many people were there?
The White House Press Secretary and the President of the United States, for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies