Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 11:49 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Her interpretation of what the Press Secretary meant to say has to be properly interpreted? How many layers of obfuscation do we have to cut through?

Turnout was pathetic, the guy is just not very popular, and he seriously needs to find a way to deal with that - if he can.
I'm not sure what he can do to be more popular.

He promised everyone he's going to get them decent-paying jobs by blaming Clinton, Obama, trade agreements, and immigration for what corporate profit, and globalization caused. If only he could turn back the hands of time.

Wait until people lose their health insurance and realize the Republicans are going after Medicare and Social Security next. Wonder how Kellyanne Conway will spin that.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:51 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, this is the new normal. When you blatantly lie, like this administration is seemingly going to do, you have to come up with a new phrase for your lies. Today Kellyanne Conway, referencing the lies told by Press Secretary Sean Spicer on his estimates of inauguration crowd size, called them "alternative facts".

This is straight out of the Russian playbook, where the government uses propaganda in every press release.

Kudos to Chuck Todd for saying there is no such thing as an "alternative fact", it is actually a falsehood.

Kellyanne Conway: WH Spokesman Gave 'Alternative Facts' on Inauguration Crowd - NBC News

Why do they even have Kellyanne Conway on their shows, she never answer the questions asked? She's a filibuster and not very knowledgeable, she's a defender of stupidity! Kellyanne Conway is beyond sad.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:52 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
The press has been bullied, denigrated, attacked and devalued by this administration, both during the primaries and after winning the election. This is actually a good thing for those of us who have grown tired of the press not doing its due diligence and confronting the many lies and falsehoods uttered by these people.

Now, at least, the press has been awoken from its stupor, and their credibility has been questioned. I believe this will only make them more accurately report on this administration and stop looking for false equivalencies, in order to appear "neutral", which is really just a way for them to not confront the truth. This will motivate them, no doubt.

Trump has opened up a can of worms, especially when he is so thin skinned. I'm not sure Trump could have gotten off to a worse start. Its crazy.
It is indeed crazy

They let him get away with all the talk of "lying media," with all the out and lies he told constantly. Fact checking web sites would point out which were "pants on fire" lies and which were just "mostly untrue." But that never got much play in the MSM.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:58 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Lmao... alternative facts. anyone who tries to defend this garbage is an idiot

Old 01-22-2017, 12:01 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This reminds of the topic based on NBC punditry which made people think Hillary was going to win the election.

How did that work for you?
alternative reality^^^^

That was back in November of 2016. Its 2017 McFly... care to join us?

Old 01-22-2017, 12:02 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm not sure what he can do to be more popular.
Then he needs to put on his Big Boy pants, face the truth, and work from that. Minority governments are nothing new in Parliamentary systems, and can work quite well. Stepping up and saying that he's aware that many are skeptical, but he thinks his policies will vindicate him or somesuch would be the adult thing to do. But that would take self-awareness.

Quote:
Wait until people lose their health insurance and realize the Republicans are going after Medicare and Social Security next. Wonder how Kellyanne Conway will spin that.
People will get their junk plans back and be dumb enough to think they're covered until they get seriously ill - most won't, of course. And those complaining will be losers who probably voted Democrat anyway. The changes to Medicare and Social Security will be carefully made to not affect the Boomers who voted for Trump. Effects of lowered EPA standards won't show for years. Now look at how many millionaires the Trump economy has made!

Dammit, but I'm happy I locked in my mortgage. This'll be an interesting few years.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:04 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
Her performance today matched that at the inauguration. She came off as a complete clown on both occasions.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:10 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Worse lies and coverups will come, that is assured. And we know that Trumpers will ignore every single one of them. They ignored Russian interference in our elections and did not even care. They believe in an authoritarian system where the government tells you what to believe and how to live, and that is the truly scary part.

At this point educating the populace should be our first priority. Many Americans are exceedingly dumb and will believe everything they hear from Trump and his spokespersons.
Trump and his billionaire cronies clearly, specifically ran their campaign on hate, fear, ignorance and bigotry by appealing to the lowest-common-denominator qualities in people, and the double digit IQ set fell for it. Lapped it up, in fact.

One important thing to take from this is the abject hypocrisy of the Trump lemmings. The most entrenched are still trying to defend this traitorous, cowardly fraud...ignoring, deflecting, shrugging their shoulders. Witness the simpering BS in the post quoted below for just one example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
there are some who just will not give up; they have nothing much to do but spend time blasting his staff for a mistaken remark. As you say, the left and especially the media is so biased they have nothing better to do but dwell on meaningless subjects.
YOU, ^^^ dear Sir or Madam, are a rank hypocrite. If Clinton, Obama, or ANY non-GOP candidate or one of their staffers ever tried to pull this "alternative facts" pile of stinking nonsense, you and your jackbooted ilk would be in the streets howling for blood and demanding impeachment, and you know it. We all know it.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
The world is watching the Trump administration to try to figure out what it is all about. I am sure leaders from other countries are rolling their eyes and thinking, sheesh, amateur hour.

I can just see Kim Jong Un watching a saying to himself, "what an amateur!" "I can do so much better with defining reality for my subjects!"

Old 01-22-2017, 12:42 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Her performance today matched that at the inauguration. She came off as a complete clown on both occasions.
I usually shy from critiquing fashion, because, honestly I'm no fashion plate myself. I live in t-shirts and jeans. But good Lord, what the heck was she thinking Friday? She referred to her get up as "Trump Revolution Wear." The Trump family themselves looked like they walked off the cover of Town & Country magazine. Kellyanne showed up looking like a refugee from Napolean's French National Guard.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-22-2017 at 12:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies