Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 01:52 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
As well as to not avail oneselves of any Planned Parenthoods services. Both are receiving money or an exemption from the government.
Agree, no handouts/exemptions to anyone in that type of business or religion, including to myself of course just because I/others have a mortgage(ie interest deductions), etc. It's all silly to me. If I take on a mortgage, it's mine to fund/pay for......my choice, my responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
What about the fact that just this week a bill was introduced to make it law that life begins at fertilization. Not only does that make abortion illegal, it also makes most birth control illegal. Then no one can pay for birth control since it would be illegal.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/586?r=13
Introducing doesn't make it law/reality. If/when it happens or not, then we can discuss further on the political forums.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:00 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,872,955 times
Well the government probably has some interest in social engineering. Homeowners usually make more stable neighborhoods, families, etc. Business may need some help to flourish and provide jobs. The problem seems to be when it is not available to all. Look at all the marriage rights that have been denied in the past because of race, sexual orientation, etc.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:04 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
Well the government probably has some interest in social engineering. Homeowners usually make more stable neighborhoods, families, etc. Business may need some help to flourish and provide jobs. The problem seems to be when it is not available to all. Look at all the marriage rights that have been denied in the past because of race, sexual orientation, etc.
Yes, that's the key.....it's applied very disproportionately all over the place, based on income, sometimes on race, gender, etc. which I think is unfair out of the gate. And it's used by some people who aren't good responsible parents/ don't have the means so they can get more deductions to produce more kids to get more $. Perhaps good intentions by those crafting such rules that often go far astray. Personally, I think it's mostly done for those to retain power/get votes by handing out the goodies but that's another thread.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:17 PM

12 posts, read 12,029 times
I would like to see all unbiblical "rights" that don't agree with God's will to go away. This includes abortion and LGBT crap, for starters. God clearly condemns both in Scripture.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:27 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn05 View Post
I would like to see all unbiblical "rights" that don't agree with God's will to go away. This includes abortion and LGBT crap, for starters. God clearly condemns both in Scripture.
Why just those two? Gluttony calls for a knife to the throat. That would cut our population dramatically.

And the only thing the Bible says about abortion is a procedure on how to have it done at the temple.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Just this week the GOP introduced a bill that will state life begins at fertilization. Passage of that bill wouldn't just end abortion, it ends use of most hormonal contraceptives like the pill, whose secondary action is to prevent implantation of a fertilized embryo. Many married people also utilize other implantation preventions like the IUD.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/586?r=13

So the right that is being threatened isn't just access to abortions but our entire ability to control our reproductive lives.

Men, especially married men and those in LTR's, are going to have a rude awakening if this comes to pass.

No more sex without a condom EVER.....and inevitably, since you are taking away the most effective forms of BC, more unplanned pregnancies and more mouths to feed.

What? You and the wife only planned on having two kids? Well, guess what? The "mistakes" may very well mean you end up with 4 or 5.....whether you can afford them or not. Just going to have to get a second job or lower your standard of living to put food on the table.

What? You were planning on waiting to have a child until after you finished school/had a down payment for a house/got a better paying job? Well, SURPRISE.....the condom failed.....so much for your plans.

Why are men so short sighted when it comes to this kind of legislation? Why can't they see what it will do to THEIR lives?

Why can't they see that BC isn't just a women's issue?

Old 01-22-2017, 02:53 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
They are losing nothing at the moment. Sure if somehow abortion goes back to the states, that would suck, but that remains to be seen. Bottom line is we are just seeing what the media does to the human brain. Strange stuff. Talk about a bunch of crybabies.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Agree, no handouts/exemptions to anyone in that type of business or religion, including to myself of course just because I/others have a mortgage(ie interest deductions), etc. It's all silly to me. If I take on a mortgage, it's mine to fund/pay for......my choice, my responsibility.

Introducing doesn't make it law/reality. If/when it happens or not, then we can discuss further on the political forums.
Really?

We should not discuss proposed legislation?

If that's the case, over half of the posts on CD should be deleted.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:01 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
They are losing nothing at the moment. Sure if somehow abortion goes back to the states, that would suck, but that remains to be seen. Bottom line is we are just seeing what the media does to the human brain. Strange stuff. Talk about a bunch of crybabies.
Once more, the GOP has just introduced a bill to legally state life begins at fertilization. This would not only end all abortions but would also make almost all birth control like the pill, iuds, etc illehpgal since they have a secondary action of preventing implantation of fertilized eggs.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:03 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

No, that isn't how it works. You do not get to decide WHEN or what women talk about.

The question was why did we march, well one of the answers to that is to make sure that those who vote on that bill know that 4 million voters are paying attention to how they vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies