Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 03:04 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
I don't get it. What rights are threatened?
Another protest based on a lie. This time it's that Donald Trump is supposedly against women.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:04 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Really?

We should not discuss proposed legislation?

If that's the case, over half of the posts on CD should be deleted.

Well sure, you can discuss it at length and the other 100's/probably 1000's of other proposed legislation in the early stages that haven't hit even hit the debate stage/floor/give and take and meet in the middle place in the end 99.9% of the time. So go for it, your right of course. My point is I just choose not to get worked up over things on forums on such matters in the ultra early stages that I've discovered is often sold on agenda driven "news" sites that may or may not be true, but that's me. Though I think the media peddling lots of this stuff loves you for your approach as it sells advertising.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:05 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn05 View Post
I would like to see all unbiblical "rights" that don't agree with God's will to go away. This includes abortion and LGBT crap, for starters. God clearly condemns both in Scripture.
So have you ever worked on a Sunday? I think that one means stoning to death. How about ever talked back to your parents? Or eaten a shrimp? Those are punishable by death according to scripture.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:14 PM

997 posts, read 937,105 times
I don't get it myself. Why is it a woman's issue?

It seems like there are an awful lot of men who want to be a woman.

I am not even saying that to be rude. It seems to be trendy.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
No, that isn't how it works. You do not get to decide WHEN or what women talk about.

The question was why did we march, well one of the answers to that is to make sure that those who vote on that bill know that 4 million voters are paying attention to how they vote.
Too late, the ideal/key time for that was on election day when the vast majority of woman in this nation voted for trump. But more power to you to try whatever you/others are trying to do after the horse is out of the barn as judging by the signs, yelling, violence and profanity, I still have no idea what many of those "protestors" want.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:21 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Bill?

Can't make this stuff up people.

I don't think I/others should be funding others health costs no matter what it's for. Me want?.....me pay.
You have some kind of rose colored glasses on that romanticize health care costs before the ACA

https://www.healthinsurance.org/blog...ore-obamacare/

Quote:
In August 2008, about six months before debate began in Washington on what would become the Affordable Care Act, 82 percent of Americans were so dissatisfied with the U.S. health care system they wanted it overhauled, according to The Commonwealth Fund, which commissioned the poll.
Quote:
50 million were uninsured.
Economy was burdened by health care expenses.
For years we have been spending far more for health care – on both a per capita basis and as a percent of Gross Domestic Product, than any other country.
By spending so much on health care, we have less to spend on things like education, our transportation system and other infrastructure needs. Conversely, other countries can spend more in those areas, giving them a global competitive advantage.
Hundreds of thousands were caught in job lock.
Note: Up to 129 million Americans – that’s nearly one in two people – could be discriminated against because of a pre-existing condition like heart disease, diabetes, or cancer, or for that matter pregnancy or even something as ridiculous as acne.

Lots of Americans were one catastrophic illness away from bankruptcy due to medical debt.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:22 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
I don't get it. What rights are threatened?
They're afraid of being dragged around by their hair after they just got back from the salon.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:31 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Not sure about "rights," going yet. I think it's more of a loss of dignity. Having a pus*y grabbing president who laughs about it and his wife saying it's "boy talk" does tend to rather debase women. Wanting to de-fund Planned Parenthood would put a serious dent in women's health care, esp. for women of less financial means. It doesn't say much about what they think of women.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Not sure about "rights," going yet. I think it's more of a loss of dignity. Having a pus*y grabbing president who laughs about it and his wife saying it's "boy talk" does tend to rather debase women. Wanting to de-fund Planned Parenthood would put a serious dent in women's health care, esp. for women of less financial means. It doesn't say much about what they think of women.
Medicaid. Plus Medicaid affordable health care act flavors that exist in many states.

Where were the marchers/protestors on the topic that Camaro69 two posts up mentions plus other woman that came forward in the court of law? Actions speak louder than words, right? It all rings hollow/hypocritical, selective outrage.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:39 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
As a woman who has been on the planet awhile, through the, very necessary, women's movement, I do not get what these protesters are talking about. I seriously doubt that most of them do either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.