Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 11:02 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
None. Just like Trump won't pass any "it's legal to grab p**sy" laws.

It didn't matter that you didn't vote for Clinton, the fact remains that just like Clinton didn't remove sexual assault laws, neither will Trump.
The protesters are smarter than you think. They weren't worried that Trump was going to pass any "it's legal to grab *****" laws. They actually know that Congress passes laws, not the President. They actually know that the President's power lies in how he crafts policy to enforce laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 11:06 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The protesters are smarter than you think. They weren't worried that Trump was going to pass any "it's legal to grab *****" laws. They actually know that Congress passes laws, not the President. They actually know that the President's power lies in how he crafts policy to enforce laws.
They were protesting essentially because the DNC told them to protest. The party instructed their surrogates to stir this up, and they did an outstanding job.

The DNC played these women like fools.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:07 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,249 times
i know a lot of executive women - they laugh at the dreck spewed forth by their fellow females... they wont even call them women...

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
What does the "biggest group of people" have to do with it?

Your argument is nonsensical, since the majority of Americans didn't protest this weekend. The biggest group of people sat home.

But more than a million felt the need to exercise their freedom of speech, to let the new administration know that they disagree with President Trump and some of the positions he's taken, and to let his administration and the legislature know that they, the protesters, are engaged and aware. These people are voters, they are citizens, and they were speaking out. YOU get to speak out as well, but criticizing them for speaking out about what their issues were, rather than the issues you would like them to speak out about is, well, silly. You don't get to tell other people what their issues are. I guess that part of "thinking for themselves" went over your head.
Excellent response. If Trump's election has done anything positive it's that it has awakened a sleeping population who has grown too complacent. And as the massive demonstrations across the country proved, we are awake now. I joined a local political activist group today, something that, even though I've been politically aware for years now, I had never felt motivated to do before. You can thank Donald Trump for that. And I bet I'm not alone.

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
They were protesting essentially because the DNC told them to protest. The party instructed their surrogates to stir this up, and they did an outstanding job.
Time to stop Pedro, you have resorted to grasping at straws.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
To the mutilation?

Female Genital Mutilation on the Rise in the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/u...road.html?_r=0

But nooooooooo... Not one temper tantrum marcher protested the practice of Muslim FGM in the US or to US resident/citizen girls/young women. SO much more important for them to have a public temper tantrum because Trump SAID the p-word.

Hypocrites!
You're here on a regular basis protesting everything but FMG in the US.

Why are you exempt but everyone else has to otherwise they're hypocrites?

Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
i know a lot of executive women - they laugh at the dreck spewed forth by their fellow females... they wont even call them women...
ummm...sure you do

Old 01-23-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait, her lawsuit was ridiculous?

Let's see here, the governor asks a state employee to come up to his hotel room and then exposes himself to her, and that isn't sexual harassment?

If you had been at that rally and stated that an employer who exposes himself to an employee isn't committing sexual harassment, I think they would have beat you to death.
If a woman working a booth at a convention gets invited to join a man (that she knows has a home a few blocks away) to his hotel room late at night, what exactly should she think the nature of that invitation is? Nope, not sexual harassment.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:

You may think that, but it doesn't make it true.

Women are smarter than you think.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:11 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,192 times
Quote:
What does the "biggest group of people" have to do with it?

Your argument is nonsensical, since the majority of Americans didn't protest this weekend. The biggest group of people sat home.

But more than a million felt the need to exercise their freedom of speech, to let the new administration know that they disagree with President Trump and some of the positions he's taken, and to let his administration and the legislature know that they, the protesters, are engaged and aware. These people are voters, they are citizens, and they were speaking out. YOU get to speak out as well, but criticizing them for speaking out about what their issues were, rather than the issues you would like them to speak out about is, well, silly. You don't get to tell other people what their issues are. I guess that part of "thinking for themselves" went over your head.
My post was in response to someone claiming that something must be right if a lot of people believe it. My point is that it is possible for a lot of people together to be wrong. If you think a large group is wrong you should say so. I'm saying so. They can have their issues. I choose not to see myself as a victim just because I'm female. They don't speak for all of us and I have a right to say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies