Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 03:50 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
And here is a regressive lefty, perfectly. They hunt for a single instance out of the masses and claim that its representative.

and yet you don't refute my argument....every argument by Trumpsters is some ad hominem drivel. Next you'll trot out **** or Lib-t$rd b/c you cant address the crux of my argument against the lemmings who follow Mr. Trump's tweets as gospel.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Lefties think going to France makes them worldly. Meanwhile kids in the bible belt actually end up in the third world routinely.

are they looking for those factory jobs Trump is bringing back?

Old 01-24-2017, 03:57 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
Lefties think going to France makes them worldly. Meanwhile kids in the bible belt actually end up in the third world routinely.
I'm not sure that trying to brainwash the most vulnerable people with religion is really much to be proud of.

I've been to developing nations ("third world"? You must be old) and managed to not have to convince anyone there to believe the same little man in the sky/stories that I do.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:57 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I see the difference as an economy with reasonable limits on investor greed compared to an economy dominated by speculative boom and bust where the lead speculators never suffer the consequences of the bust part of the cycle. I prefer a system where the gains are made by the proletariat through government spending based on very progressive tax policies and the losses are suffered by the speculators.

I hate to use the follow the money phrase but how else to objectify the villains? Da guberment and Bubba Bill forced bankers to make sub prime loans......When considering these banks financed his campaign, that's interesting. Meanwhile banks made tons of "fake" profits at the time since sub prime loans are like bubble fuel. People in sub prime are not the kind of people who sock money away. They circulate it like crazy. This caused a massive profitable boom. The poor banksters were forced by da guberment they installed to bloat the economy....

Now I am all for blaming da guberment as a tool of special interest , however the interest is intimately involved.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I'm not sure that trying to brainwash the most vulnerable people with religion is really much to be proud of.

I've been to developing nations ("third world"? You must be old) and managed to not have to convince anyone there to believe the same little man in the sky/stories that I do.

What makes you think I am representative of this group? Do you think I am a bible thumper merely because I used them as an example? You are arguing anecdotally from your own experiences, not me. I am not a bible thumper, or a conservative.

My kids are bilingual, and I have used 4 languages in my travels speaking with locals. I just don't make stupid anecdotal arguments designed to display and feed a superiority complex.

Lefties....They get a library card to brag about the books they check out, but never read them .

Old 01-24-2017, 04:08 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:

I just don't make stupid anecdotal arguments designed to display and feed a superiority complex.

Lefties....They get a library card to brag about the books they check out, but never read them .

Irony, thy name is gwynedd1.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
and yet you don't refute my argument....every argument by Trumpsters is some ad hominem drivel. Next you'll trot out **** or Lib-t$rd b/c you cant address the crux of my argument against the lemmings who follow Mr. Trump's tweets as gospel.....

No, I just like to go hypocrite spotting. The regressive left is even worse than the old social conservatives on the right.
I leaned Obama in 2008 and 2012. I was sympathetic to Occupy Wall Street. Too bad he blew all his campaign promises. He did not even prosecute a bank clerk from the housing bubble. We Trump supports are all the same though, huh?

Old 01-24-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
No, I just like to go hypocrite spotting. The regressive left is even worse than the old social conservatives on the right.
I leaned Obama in 2008 and 2012. I was sympathetic to Occupy Wall Street. Too bad he blew all his campaign promises. He did not even prosecute a bank clerk from the housing bubble. We Trump supports are all the same though, huh?
not all the same - but his followers that hang on his word like gospel is like nothing I've ever witnessed, he literally can do no wrong- anyone that bases their votes off of "winning" or pissing of a liberal doesn't deserve that vote. If you were mad that Obama never locked up a banker you must love the cognitive dissonance Trump's cabinet of GS bankers, the King of Bankruptcy, and the CEO of Exxon brings about.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
not all the same - but his followers that hang on his word like gospel is like nothing I've ever witnessed, he literally can do no wrong- anyone that bases their votes off of "winning" or pissing of a liberal doesn't deserve that vote. If you were mad that Obama never locked up a banker you must love the cognitive dissonance Trump's cabinet of GS bankers, the King of Bankruptcy, and the CEO of Exxon brings about.

Maybe some of his critics slavishly follow media propaganda...You are quite typical of them. Like it or not Trump seems to think a Hamiltonian approach is the only practical one.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Maybe some of his critics slavishly follow media propaganda...You are quite typical of them. Like it or not Trump seems to think a Hamiltonian approach is the only practical one.

way to dodge my point btw- you're mad Obama didn't prosecute any bankers but you're happy Trump stocked his cabinet with them??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies